Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,033 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

How this works:

Cheerful will regurgitate Kremlin talking points and pieces of propaganda one by one. Gets exhausted, announces they are finished with the subject. Rehashes the whole thing again in 6 months. Repeats annually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

And now for the reality. As I predicted, the Ukrainian army is in bad shape. Hearing rumors that entire units are surrendering to the Russians around Lyman. The videos don't know the location.

Jackson Hinkle is a far-left loon.

Here he is "debunking" invasion myths in an aged-like-milk video with ultra-loon Galloway several days before the war broke out. "Vladimir Putin is doing everything he can in his power to prevent this war"

Like you, these are useful idiots for the Kremlin, they hate "the West" as much as Putin does (I suspect more) and happily evangelize Russian propaganda (like you do)

Ukraine is losing ground in E Ukraine, it's being reported on everywhere, the Russians have been making gradual progress for a good few days now, but they are also struggling, with logistics, entire battalions refusing to fight, poor morale, etc.

Here are the actual words of Russia's Counsellor to the UN in Geneva, Boris Bondarev:

"My name is Boris Bondarev, in the MFA of Russia since 2002, since 2019 until now – Counsellor of the Russian Mission to the UN Office at Geneva.

For twenty years of my diplomatic career I have seen different turns of our foreign policy, but never have I been so ashamed of my country as on February 24 of this year. The aggressive war unleashed by Putin against Ukraine, and in fact against the entire Western world, is not only a crime against the Ukrainian people, but also, perhaps, the most serious crime against the people of Russia, with a bold letter Z crossing out all hopes and prospects for a prosperous free society in our country.

Those who conceived this war want only one thing – to remain in power forever, live in pompous tasteless palaces, sail on yachts comparable in tonnage and cost to the entire Russian Navy, enjoying unlimited power and complete impunity. To achieve that they are willing to sacrifice as many lives as it takes. Thousands of Russians and Ukrainians have already died just for this.

I regret to admit that over all these twenty years the level of lies and unprofessionalism in the work of the Foreign Ministry has been increasing all the time. However, in most recent years, this has become simply catastrophic. Instead of unbiased information, impartial analysis and sober forecasting, there are propaganda cliches in the spirit of Soviet newspapers of the 1930s. A system has been built that deceives itself.

Minister Lavrov is a good illustration of the degradation of this system. In 18 years, he went from a professional and educated intellectual, whom many colleagues held in such high esteem, to a person who constantly broadcasts conflicting statements and threatens the world (that is, Russia too) with nuclear weapons!

Today, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not about diplomacy. It is all about warmongering, lies and hatred. It serves interests of few, the very few people thus contributing to further isolation and degradation of my country. Russia no longer has allies, and there is no one to blame but its reckless and ill-conceived policy.

I studied to be a diplomat and have been a diplomat for twenty years. The Ministry has become my home and family. But I simply cannot any longer share in this bloody, witness and absolutely needless ignominy."

This is a diplomat with 20 years experience, putting his life on the line to expose the truth. But of course you know better than him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But cheerful you didn't predict anything, you're just copying opinions and picking out the ones that appeal to your silly and childish world view.

You're a holocaust denier, you can't possibly have a good enough understanding of anything to actually have insight into global events.

You must be pleased that your boy is getting some wins finally.

it's like that poster who doesn't believe satellites are real, just encourage them and all the unhinged stuff spews out. Morbidly fascinating.

• Advertisement

Wasn't it cheerful who was claiming that he wanted to move to Russia as it was a paradise free of the covid restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,580 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Well he's already admitted to being in Moscow so maybe his dream move did come true, more likely though is he was always there spreading Russian disinformation across the net, being told what to post and where.

Here's something a little fun:

While ago I noticed that he typed: "Am I supporting the Kremlin version here?????????????77" and thought it was a bit weird that he typed two 7s at the end of a string of question marks.

I figured that he might be using a different language's keyboard and it was like when someone types !!!!!!!!111 by accident.

Wanna guess where has the only keyboard that has the 7 and the ? share the same key? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

...but we share the same small island with the UK and we don't even have a real border between us.

If Russia does anything remotely large scale on this island, they drag the UK into it one way or another.

Knowing something about war, I knew these stories were bullshit. You, on the other hand, believed them and still do. The Russians are experts at encirclement and gaining leverage. It's just that you never learned how the Soviet army beat the best armies of the Third Reich in the east. Even Hitler's best general couldn't match them. In Kyiv, the Russians expected another outcome than a hard fight, but once they realized Ukraine was up for it, they rethought their strategy.

NATO backed Ukraine, but they still don't know how to stop them, Russian troops don't fight like other army units, all the war is doing is transforming Russia soldiers into veterans West sold you the narrative Russia can't win, but only country losing ground is Ukraine. They even claim now, Russia outnumbers them 7 to 1 in the Donbas. That's only possible if they killed so many troops they can't stop them anymore.

I told you a month ago that Russia was grinding down the Ukrainian army. I guess you guys thought losing half the army was right, what Russia was actually doing here slowly smashing the defensive lines with heavy weapons, only bringing in forces when the Ukrainian army was suffering. Low morale army doesn't advance like this, but you're too stupid to see it. Sure, your predictions won't come true here. Live in your own world.,

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 25,580 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

"Knowing something about war, I knew these stories were bullshit."

What do you know about war? The things you have read in books? The movies you have watched? What the Kremlin has told you?

Let me tell you from 1st hand experience, the average Russian soldier is poorly trained, poorly equipped and extremely unhappy with how they are treated, and I'm talking about Russian soldiers in peace time when they weren't getting killed because of a mad man's delusional ambition to bring the east of Europe back into the arms of mother Russia.

He read all about it on Twitter, so he is of course an expert.

That's another major area in Ukraine that falls to them. It wasn't realistic to believe that the operation was stalled, the army had low morale refusing to fight, there was a shortage of tanks and missiles, and had no food too. Reality isn't affected by fiction. This army has a high morale. The ones you see on Russian tv or talk shows are usually blowhards who think fighting NATO makes sense. Got them in every country, fighting NATO on the ground doesn't make sense.

Russians showed the west that you can't mess with them like you can with small countries. The world doesn't just revolve around Europe and the U.S.

The EU knows they're only hurting themselves. Since they can't find reliable gas suppliers elsewhere cutting it all off was a joke. The EU realized that protecting their own economies is more important than winning a geopolitical conflict for the US. They've actually done themselves more harm than good here because other countries are coming into the BRICS, with China, India, and Russia, and that's bad for trade and US economy once they stop using dollars.

You hate Galloway, but that's predictable, he says what dumbies don't see.

We're not allowed to see the Russian side of things this documentary is useful.. It's no surprise to me If this video was taken off YouTube soon?.

I think this could have all been avoided and the country got ruined to satisfy neo nazis and their friends in the United States. Ukraine staying neutral was acceptable for Russia, but not for the United States.

And yet another language upgrade, Cheerful. Read a few more books, eh?

You're on the wrong side of history if you accept Nazis, and that's what Ukraine's been doing here since 2004. West accepts them too. Should be ashamed to support an ideology based on destroying other races of humans

Instead of pushing them to one side, Ukraine accepted their ideology and made them out to be war heroes. Even made a WW2 war criminal who killed Jews a national hero.. What's up with that?

The Soviet Union lost 30 million citizens to them, and you think just going to let them increase their influence militarily in Ukraine and worse, turn their guns on Russia. Having an aversion to Russia made you think neo-Nazis-in-country armed forces not a a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

The thing is that we don’t accept the Russian Nazi’s and their rape, murder, kidnapping, filtration camps etc. You do. You are on the wrong side of history and you and your colleagues will be staring into the abyss that is a poor Russian state for decades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Field east

what BS. You do not need to be a Nazi - pick whatever definition you like - to kill, maim people , carry out a genocide and while you are at it level/ pound cities, towns , etc to rubble, destroy a country s productive/ cultural assets, create a massive refugee problem, etc, etc, etc, etc. NO NO, NO, NO, NO, NO. No NO NO , YOU JUST NEED TO BE A RUSSIAN SOLDIER IN THE RUSSIAN ARMY MANAGED BY A CARING PRESIDENT!

Lol

Ukraine protects minorities like the LGBT community and Crimean Tatars, in Putin's Russia they are subjected to persecution. Putin's dog Kadyrov in Chechnya has a policy of hunting down and murdering homosexuals.

Putin himself has worked with Russian Neo-Nazi groups and ultra nationalists ("Russkii Obraz","OB88") cultivating links and ties with them to combat democratic forces in Russia

The average biker gang has more Nazi regalia than the Azov brigade, likewise the average UK football game has more far-right types. Yet you still screech hysterical about it because Putin's gaslighting propaganda has worked so well on you.

Democratic Ukraine is about as far from Hitler's Germany as you can get. Led by a Jew, they have less far-right representation that most European countries. In complete contrast, Putin's totalitarian regime is more similar to Hitler's every day. Anti-gay, ultra-nationalist, filtration camps, mobile crematoria, full state control over the media, jackbooted police state, political opposition banned...

Yet you trip over yourself supporting Putin's modern fascism. As well as being a Holocaust denier who has literally written that you believe the "Jews" exaggerated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Absolutely bizarre.

Can I suggest a move to the motherland for you and see how long you survive before you come home crying.

Your excuses are endless, so it's no surprise. I'm sure you cheered for Hitler when he came down in his car during a parade, right? Just the wrong era to recognize your faults and fix them.

Getting on your soapbox about the lack of public support for far right battalions and neo nazis in Ukraine. That's a silly argument, when Ukraine has accepted them as legitimate forces to fight Russia. Only nation in modern times with Neo Nazis in its armed forces. There's no way you can get your head around that and why Russia would care? Tricking people into thinking Azov and biker gangs are the same. Before any war broke out, Azov kept shelling Lugansk and Donbas.

There's been debunking of the mobile crematoria story and all that Ukraine stuff you just believe because you want to, the same c*** they put on the internet about the ghost of Kiev, fake counterattacks, killing of top Russian general, and the fake snake island attack. Kiev keeps telling fake stories to the west and they are reprinting them, and you don't think twice about it. The Ukraine SBU is notorious for hunting down Russia sympathizers, killing them, and blaming it on the Russian Army. 

There may be war crimes involving Russian soldiers, but I wouldn't believe Ukraine because they tend to fabricate a lot. Russians nowadays live like westerners. This isn't North Korea. Putin keeps a good grip on Russia, but I'd rather not have a broken Russia. I don't see a problem with Putin asking Ukraine to stay neutral and the people in Donbas and Lugansk to live in peace with some control over their own affairs? 

It didn't matter to the west, and Putin had enough of the talks because they didn't matter. President Putin was ignored and Russian soldiers crossed the border, which is what happens when you don't think a big country like Russia has a problem with Nato expansion. Russia told Nato for a decade, but nothing happened.  

Ukraine distanced itself from Azov, pulled its troops back, and announced it would make a treaty with Russia. Vladimir Putin never would have sent his military in. 

You have accepted neo nazis' right to live in Ukraine even though I haven't killed anyone, Jewish or otherwise. It seems like on your end you support Azov/ Neo Nazi attacks against Russias everywhere, but I don't support Nazis of WWII and their attacks against Jews? Who's worse here, me or you?   

Thiis what the founding leader of Azov said Ukraine's mission is to “lead the White Races of the world in a final crusade…against the Semite-led Untermenschen.”  You should head into the area has a mental block, Azov isn't just against the Russians, they have a problem with people they consider inferior.

but I don't support Nazis of WWII and their attacks against Jews? Who's worse here, me or you? 

No, you just think there's a Jewish lead global conspiracy to exaggerate their attacks against Jewish people and that their attacks weren't as bad or as brutal as people say.

In your quest to tell people about this, you have quoted and defended neo-nazis and racists.

You aren't fooling anyone with these rants man. You long ago destroyed any chance of being taken seriously on any topic, especially this one.

Lol so not only is Ukraine a "Nazi country", not only are "Nazis behind 9/11, JFK, etc", now other posters "support Hitler". It's Godwin squared.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

But of course, for the Nazis he likes, like the ones who work for Putin or the ones who manufacture the holocaust denial propaganda he swallows, they're obviously not Nazis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

wow, good read here just a few bits:

1. theory that Russian soldiers are poorly trained is utter bullsh1t
    2. what about thousands of Russians being exterminated by Ukrainian scum pre-2014?

and of course only Russian shells are damaging cities - presume Russians bombarding themselves to inflict damage on cities which are under their control as Ukrainian guerillas and released criminals got extensive military training so it cant be.

watch more RTE news showing falling flares with comment that these are cluster bombs ... not a fcuking clue

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement