Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing Tearaway on the new Plus tiers games had me wondering does the PS4 camera work for it on the PS5 or is that camera only useful for PSVR?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sniper Elite 5 is getting great reviews so far. Eurogamer even awarded it an 'Essential' rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,312 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Decent sale in Smyths.

Deathloop 20

Ghostwire 30

Dying Light 2 40

Rift Apart 42

GameStop offering 40 for trading in Dying Light so can play/beat for free basically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

30 minutes of "announcements and updates", with some "exciting" third-party reveals and a first look at PSVR2 games

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You think this is their E3 type one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Less than 30 minutes and mention of third party titles makes me think no. They'll have a PlayStation Showcase or whatever they call them later in the summer I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

They need to impress with the PSVR2 games. A new Wipeout, some Horizon gameplay, a new meaty IP, maybe some ports of pancake games and I'll be happy. Or just HL Alyx :).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Does anyone have a strange sound coming from their console? I noticed it last night while playing Sifu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jj880

What kind of noise?

There were some issues not long after launch with buzzing and coil whine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

That could be it. I put my ear down by the fan and the fan seemed fine.

If the noise gets any worse, I will get in touch with Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jj880

Yeah thats what a lot of people did and IIRC it was worse with certain games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Weird you say that. I had noticeble coil whine at launch but wasn't as bad as some people were getting. Either it went down or i tuned it out but I'm noticing it again the last week or so but only when i was playing dysmantle which is not a resource hog so is a bit strange.

You should look up YouTube videos of ps5 noises and see what matches yours, might find a fix for it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Mine makes a whirling noise about every 30mins if there is a disc in. Only lasts 10-15 secs each time so not a big issue

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I still have the coil whine, and as I sometimes play at night without headphones, I have the TV down low so it's quite audible to me. Games don't affect it much, it happens with all of them, and you can change the pitch by just moving the screen around. Sometimes louder, sometimes quieter, sometimes sound like something is breaking... According to a TronicsFix video, it's a capacitor (or inductor according to a comment), and is not bad. Would require taking apart the PSU to fix, or replace the PSU but no guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, i got that with dysmantle, moving the camera around could make it better or worse and yupp, only notice at night when i have the sound low. Gonna just wait for the ps5 pro trade deal :) and hope it's not like last gen where i was begging for my original ps4 back as my pro had the jet engine fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm the same, waiting on the Pro to trade in. It's not bad for the PS5 by all accounts, so no harm no foul for now! Also have that great Irish Sale of Goods act to fall back on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Based on what I have read in the last few weeks, it doesn't sound like a Pro model is likely this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

According to DF the other week it is possible, but you could be looking at least 3 year's away if so...

• Advertisement

Yea, I think the main one is that we don't have the rising popularity of a new TV format to drive it this time. 2016/17 was when 4K TVs got mainstream.

8K probably will be finding its feet at this stage, be interesting to see is there any consumer grade 8K stuff doing the rounds then...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It feels like we're into increasingly diminishing returns with 8k vs 4k - it'll obviously be marketed the hell out of to sell new TVs in the next few years, but seems excessive especially when we're nowhere near full resolution 4K games yet.

A hardware refresh with better ray-tracing capabilities, extra graphical horsepower for 60-120 FPS games etc... would be a far more beneficial mid-gen upgrade than one pushing for 8K IMO. It'd also be great if the PS5 could support FSR, but Microsoft has that locked down for a while AFAIK.

Thoughts on the State Of Play tonight?

Stray, SF6 gameplay, Little Devil Inside, COD MWII seem like sure things.

Hopefully RE8 VR, RE4 Remake and Dimitrescu DLC reveal although RE4 will probably be saved for Summer Games Fest.

For PSVR2 (release window) some games from Horizon, COD, GT7 update, Half Life Alyx, Walking Dead S&S, Boneworks and Beat Saber.

Hopefull they clarify whether the PSVR1 game will work with it.

Final Fantasy 16 to end it.

Dont think Ragnarok will show up but hopefully I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I think SF6 is def in and I know there are loads of COD:MW2 rumours around at the minute. I think they will push PSVR2 and would LOVE to see Half Life Alyx on it.

I think they will do FF16 and finally announce the remaster for FF9.

I heard Kojima is supposed to announce something new too, I really hope its something new rather than death stranding 2

Even with machine learning I think 8K is a LONG way off being where 4K was in 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

As tonight is noted as 3rd partys I reckon at the end they will give a date for the next showcase. Think they need to.

True, most likely just be a beefier PS5 like we did see with the Pro, PS6 will be all about the 8k push lol

I really don't think there's much point announcing Kojimas game till MS sort out their first party.

It'll be Keighleys event if anywhere.

Hope it's something new too instead of DS2. Hoping he putting Norman Reedus upto something with that interview.

Fable, Everwild, Perfect Dark all in trouble from the sounds of things and who knows how much of a mess Starfield will be.

Sony may as well sit on a bunch of big announcements.

• Advertisement

Digital Foundry doing a video on the likelihood of a Pro model...

Advertisement