Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

^^

feck it; I decided to lay the two at top of market for 2, 3 and 4 places in last at Chelly,, enough ?s for an interest methinks 😊

lost there; Queen Of The Skies wins and White Moonlight third :(

Friday 3rd June

Some good work done for tomorrow no 3 - have read your thoughts with interest :D

i'm a gonna side with t'layers in a race on t'morrow

4.30 Epsom EMILY UPJOHN 11/8 win

Unbeaten in her first three races and won her last two very well over 10fs at Sandown and York. Those were on good going. I expect she'll be just as good if there's soft in the going description (good - good to soft in places as of now) or perhaps better even, and the step up in trip to 1.5m should see her in even better light.

Might chance a cheeky (not sure what a 'cheeky' bet is, or indeed lay, but I hear a lot of folks on t'gogglebox, like Wrighty and his mates, going on about cheeky x,y,z type bets when it comes to punting 😆) plce-lay @ evs on Nashwa as well ere.

Aidan O'Brien's TUESDAY 9/1 is of interest also, being by Galileo, and I'll go each way on her. Not so sure about his Concert Hall 9/1 and whether she'll stay. The 2nd fav Nashwa 7/2 might want better ground so will leave her off here. She's a stablemate of the jolly and was ruled out of the first race (non runner) she was down to go in on account of the going.

I don't think another of Aidan's four, Thoughts Of June 12/1, is up to this level

Luuks as tho low numbers are generally preferred here

Will also do Joey O'Brien's TRANQUIL LADY 12/1 each way as, if the going gets soft, she would have a live chance I feel. No opinions on the rest as am clueless - I'm only concentrating on those at the top of t'market and pretending I knows what I'm on about 😁

ta and thank you please

shout out to me fellow degens - $ "we'll meet on the dark end of the street" $ 😊

leff

3.10 Epsom

High Definition looks doubtful stayer here

HUKUM 11/2 e/w NAP plenty of wins at this distance/level, shouldn't mind the going

Living Legend don't really look up to this level, prolly wants top of ground also.

MANOBO 9/4 win Hard to assess his form as: lesser races in England/racing out foreign, and over further. Will get some leff coin cos can't be ruled oot. 'Cheeky' rev f'cast wiv Hukum ere.

Palavecino makes no appeal - probably here for 'taking part money'

Pyledriver is last year's winner and won by making most - hard to see it happen again, as a few might like to get on with it. There was a fair distance between the 2nd and third in last year's renewal, so it looks good form, but I'm gonna leave him off on account of I feel something will beat him.

good luck to all 🤣

I was havin a break @j@utiseeeeeeeeeeeeeee 😀 gt ur shít together female and help us keep thread going ! me likes days off so you will have to tek up slack betimes :D

• Advertisement

Saturday 4th June '22

7.45 Lingfield

MISS MULLIGAN - fairly consistent at this trip on turf,, no runs on the AW apart from a fourth over 7fs at the course ~ 3yrs ago,, first time cheekpieces tried,, not sure

TRICOLORE - has no real appeal here

DUAL IDENTITY - live chance; might be bit of pace on, so can hang back instead of chasing it. Negative/s - very little AW form and none on Poly

MORLAIX - twice a winner over the trip at Chelly; can't rule out

ELKONIX - likely to be one of market principals; lightly raced and came third over CD two runs back - that was Class 5 and travelled wide. 5/1 on paper sp; if gets shorter, then place lay possibilities. No interest if he's outside of top three in betting.

TORONADO GREY - looks a doubtful stayer, possibly has more to offer back on AW - small win p'raps?

CU CHULAINN - more negatives than positives, similar profile to Toronado Grey, as may be unexposed at track and trip; does look a dubious stayer tho. Sean Levey back on top - he come third on this beast three runs back. Came 2nd in a poor race over CD last Sept; rather be against overall.

Looking at Dual Identity and Morlaix atm,, might be swayed to back Toronado Grey yet,, prolly oppose Miss Mulligan (track/AW concerns),, Morlaix a potential plce-lay

😊

Saturday 4th June

6.15 Lingfield

Alba Des Tormes - trained by the crook Butler,, having his third run for new trainer,, first time blinkers,, hard to fancy

AMALFI SALSA - just the thirteen runs in total,, like a few of these, she's yet to win,, very consistent over a mile on the AW this year,, good chance here in Classified Stakes race.

FOUR FEET - a winner lto at Wolves and is paper jolly,, came 2nd over 1m 2f at the course four runs back,, should be good enough to win overall, but this race is at Lingfield and not Wolves,, place-lay claims if fav/short price on Saturday

Gonzaga - a serial loser and cost t'thread before,, almost exclusively races over seven.. has never won but has flopped on both of the times he's raced at a mile, or above,, leave off

Hart Fell is a big price and is stepping down in trip,, can't be discounted - will give another look,, has first time cheekpieces, and S Levey is on board

Julie Johnston - won't say she can't possibly win, but it do look unlikely

LAURENTIA - has a poor draw in 11,, a few reasonable runs this last while over a mile, at Lingfield and Chelmsford,, they wouldn't be good enough to see her win an 'ordinary' Class 6, but I can't rule her out of this,, if she's held up off a fast pace then she's got a right good chance here I feel,, will give another look

MISTER FREEZE - his second over C&D last Sept would at least give him e/w claims here,, is zero from 11 at the course but is a good price at the predicted 16/1

Papas Girl - this 1m race will be 2fs more than she's tried before,, just the one win which was over 5f at S'well,, overall 'obliged to look elsewhere' is me though

Purple Paddy is three times a winner on Standard/Slow at Kempton over the 1m trip,, not for me

Star Of St Louis is paper 2nd fav,,, likely to finish closer to the one in front than to the last home,,, unlikely to come placed here I feel,, 23 runs w/o a win,, looks 'tripless',, thankfully has no first time equipment to complicate thing,, placelay if a shorty on t'day

Stranger Things - just the four runs,, 2nd trainer same owner,, lto third at Yarmouth over a mile was big improvement,, drawn widest of all in stall 12 but can't discount

soon time for bed,, no harm in giving the mind a bitta exercise

a good start there anyroad; as wise man say "a journey of a thousand yards begins with a single step" ☺️

Today Fri 3/06

8.30 Tramore

ANGELSWORKNOVRTIME 7/1 ew

fourth bumper run,, come 2nd at the course on her first ever run, which was over ~ 1/2f shorter than today's 2m. 120yds. distance,, Maxine O'Sullivan on top today and she takes over from Miss Heffernan, who has had the spin on all three previous occasions,,, am thinking that Maxine is far better pilot.. rev f'cast with Konny's pick KO KATE,, will do the latter ew also at 5s.

enough

good luck 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

What about the With The Moonlight who represent the another top connections? she won like she was another class in the Newmarket lto. No extra places paid in this one, maybe I'll dab into no fav market.

Was worried (well not really ya know-more like 'concerned') aboot the ground re WTM j@u ☺️ thought if it got soft she'd not have an obvious chance.... still think she wants good ground at least... can't back em all,, have enuf done,,

if it was good to firm, With The Moonlight would be a lot shorter imo; but it's good - good to soft in plcs I think,, not for me j@u

besta luck anyroad :)

• Advertisement

It's a drug, you can't just not take it for a day or two or whatever... I was busy with work, family, relatives visiting etc but still keeping an eye on here. I couldn't study the cards because my visitor decided to work from home (my home!) and occupied my PC station for days and days 🤣 ~I've raked up a good few losers just by backing anything really 😂

That's fair enough...

I'll have a look what my notebook has to offer in less fancy contests...

ya could always quit the 'work' part j@u 😂 more time for study 🤣

that's some liberty your 'mate' took - hogging ur computer in ur own station, in ur OWN FLAMIN HOUSE!! 😒 I would nae do it meself and I'm not in a county what's generally perceived to be as 'tasty' as yours, vees a vee the 'populous' - they're almost 'West Brit' / loadsamoney types, but with fek all scruples it would appear,,,,, Barsteward - 'working from home' by dint of hogging ur mate's (some mate ya has 😁) computer in THEIR house,,, stone the flippin crows 😕😌

in the 'etiquette' thread, and other places, that sort of person is known as a 'kernt' 😒

has the audacity to 'visit' ur house and 'work' #rolleyes from home - where to begin on that one eh??

kick them to the kerb girl 😂

TUESDAY wins!!

crossing the line I was 100% (no such thing they reckon) sure Frankie got up 😃 Poor Emily; she stumbled at the start - didn't help 😴

Emily be no bigger than 4/5 if she go to Irish Oaks I reckons -they were on about 'rematch' there on Virgin One ,, Can't see anything else but an Emily Upjohn win (if she goes) , regardless of competition/ground etc,, but likely she'll be too short to back so just watching brief there

Good call leffe, I only watched that one, With The Moonlight went off too fast, too keen, softer ground and extra 2 furlongs got her, finished last.

6:06 Doncaster - Piastrella 15/2 back down in class, down a pound and claimer jockey is back, a bit too keen in previous races this season but might have learned something from them, chances.

Luuks a good shout that Piastrella j@u - just had a squizz,, will do me @ the 13/2 available 😊 Mon FAYE!!!

Piastrella, to my uneducated eye 😃 , in the 6.06 Donny race, was always in a position of contention [for most of race] , but never looked or seemed to be travelling well; possibly was drawn on the 'wrong' side, so to speak, also, as the higher numbers figured prominently amongst t'first few home

ran 'keen' according to t'result synopsis an all ,, out of the first five home, the six boxed one was the lowest drawn to fill any of them (the 6 box got second possy) five positions

was a good spot tho no. 2 😊 us punters aint privy to the vagaries of the moods etc of t'nags; we just have the form, pagejumpers and hunches to go on :D

we shan't give up on Nigel's filly and she'll go in me noggin notebook for another time :) 🐎 😊

Agreed to all of that.

Putting me 'early doors Saturday thoughts' together ☺️

Will start off with a tricky one - to try get ball rolling :)

Worcester : Going - Good

1.10 A tricky/complicated race this,,, will go with two 'slightly north of "shorties" picks' here 😃

Royal Ruby 6/4 fav is a NH trained 10yr old, and he's having his 5th only run today in a chase,, is 2 from 4, so that reads okay,,,, on the negative (cos that's what I'm looking for 😃) side though, he won his first ever race in a S'well bumper,, has only the four wins in total, but, apart from that bumper win, there has been an 'off-track absence' of at least two months prior to each of his other three wins,, he won at Plumpton lto at over almost identical conditions about 4wks ago, but aint the most straightforward conveyance and is prone to blunders,,

Marine One 13/2 is trained by Richard 'The Doctor' Newland so will presume he's well schooled for his first chase tilt,, the 8yr old operated at a pretty decent level over hurdles, including a win in a Class 1 Listed Handicap,, trip and ground look fine,, been out of form, but I'll o'erlook his last three runs, as they were all over 2m (probably too short) and in higher classes than today's race,, still and all, the lack of chasing is a bit offputting,, has made a few blunders (w/o falling) in many of his hurdles' races,, by Frankel, and I can't see any of his that have recent chase form,,, best price atm is ~ 7/1, but not for me today,,

El Paso Wood 4/1 Majority of his races have been at 'marathon trips' - 3m and above,, easy enough to discount on that basis,, if ya took a literal view (there are other kinds of views I suppose 😋) of his last race; when he was seen campaigning at a shorter than usual trip of ~ 2m 6.5fs (still a deal longer than today's) one could give David Pipe's inmate claims in this, but the price is enough to put me off overall, and, while he was travelling well (and a bit unlucky being short of room) 4 out, he still only managed a staying on second over that shorter than usual (and a deal further than today's) trip,, a wide open race this and i doubt he goes off at his current price - he either drifts or possibly sees support (if the 'lads' fancy him) ,, could just as easy go off at either 2s or 8s I feel,,,, could be shenanigans if others feel the same,,,, - "back to lay, or lay to back" , "that is the question" some punters may pose to theyselves, but not me; things are complicated enough 😂

NORTHERN BOUND 7/2 win ,, ignore his last run (absence) and he has the form to go close in this,, small win

Phil The Thrill 22/1 trained by Jonjo so can't be ruled out - be just like him to win a race like this,, just the two runs in total for this 6yr old grey, and nigh on impossible to make a case for him based on his 7th of nine in a Dusseldorf 10fs flat race, and a 'PU' at Haydock in a 2m soft ground chase last year,,,

DREAMSUNDERMYFEET 4/1 win,, likely there are better horses in this, but he's a reasonably experienced chaser with 6 bids in total, which include two wins in that sphere,,, will ignore his lto run as was over a likely unsuitable 3m trip, and also after a +100 days absence,, small win

just small wins on these two as too many imponderables here,,, me, I like punting, so don't mind backing two 😃 between Hendo's fav, The Doctor's chasing newcomer, the Pipe (stepping down in trip) mule, and Jonjo's 'unlikely, but impossible to rule out, based on trainer/connections' horse; tis a v knowledgeable (am not at quite that level 😋) sort who could be bullish about any of these...

I don't think either of my two are the best on show here; and may not have 'much rooms off their marks' , but am hoping (due to the ??s) that I'm right in my prediction/s on t'opposition, and that one of these two (who can win a chase at ~2.5m on good ground) will prevail.. 1/2pt win on each p'raps and 0.25pts reverse forecast, in hope

g'luck :)

• Advertisement

6.15 Lingfield

Plenty of these with no wins, and a lot that are 'tactically versatile' (read - crap 😎) so looks as though there be a decent pace on here,, Will go for two that can be held up, and they're drawn 8 and 11, so I hope they will be staying on from out the back; and one (drawn in 2) that's likely to chase the pace here,,

AMALFI SALSA (8) 3/1 ew , LAURENTIA (11) 16/1 ew , MISTER FREEZE (2) 14/1 ew ,,, is three-place race from who I can punt with, which is a pity - four'd be better 🤣🤣

Think Four Feet 3/1, as mentioned above is more a Wolves horse,,

The yet to win Gonzaga 11/1 can be given a squeak based on a few staying on close finishes over 7fs here, but it's the lack of any kind of form over a mile that's offputting - have lost on this beast before, and am hoping I won't 'lose out' today 😃

Even with Sean Levey atop, I'm gone off Hart Fell 20/1; has done very little over further, and I don't think (just my opinion is all!) stepping down in trip is the answer,,

Stranger Things 6/1 showed improvement lto at Yarmouth over a mile, on her fourth run, when coming 3rd,, ran two poor (all three previous to lto run were poor) races on the AW at Chelmsford over 7fs (one for each of her two trainers) , but can kinda discount those as was out of/never in form,,,, nonetheless, I think this one is more suited to turf (going by her sire's offsprings' recent races [almost solely turf runs] / results),, add in the reltively short price, and with three picks already, in a wide open race, I'm leaving Matt Crawley's filly out of calculations

Star Of St Louis 13/2 and shorter with 365 @ 11/2 is too big atm to be looking at laying him for the minor honours,,

Small stakes - I'd be happy if I get a plce from one of the bigger priced 2, out of three in total, picks; but, if i aint in then i can't win,,,

might do a few foolish combi f'casts/#tricasts for pennies on the three picks aswell,, #nature of race 'tricasts' may not be possible; not a h'cap so depends on bookie,,, not that it makes much odds; pie in the sky, but what harm?? a degenerate could be at a lot worse 😃 speaking of degenerates, I'm disappointed I aint been lauded lately - Lauded?? - for what leff??  Good question caller - What I mean is i've left da hoose a few times this week, and managed to refrain from any kind o scumbaggery - where's me 'props' / 'attaboy' {as da Yangks say} / 'ringing endorsement' eh??? Oh aye, I see leffesem; and no wrong u is; why just there recently I saw in t'paper how 'refraining from scumbaggery' (in other words) was put forth in mitigation for a known scumbag with multiple convictions    damn straight chief, and I'd wager (were I a punting man, and were bets taken on such things - hard to quantify irregardless, the criterion on how such wagers might be settled) that said scumbag likely engaged in 'gourmet' (to a high standard) [at DC level anyhow] mayhem, and most he got was a fine of a ton?? Close enough leff; mayhem and thefterage were the charges laid forth, and, in this instance, no fine; but what's galling leff is the chap got a 'suspended' , tho it seems to me he hadn't served fully the last portion of one of his previous suspendeds... Fkd up mate; any time I been there, or read local rags, once ur 'marched up steps' , for whatever concocted (cos the rozzers, guess what?? - they lie like mofos) reasons, and tho the charge is relatively minor, less u be a 'known feral' then it's not a cent less than a deuce u be shelling out,, Indeed leff; best leave convo off lest either o us gt 2 riled ,, right ya be chief, all the besht to ya nd yars

😊 🙂 🙂

^^^

that's some sterling(ish) insight, a rant, and some comedy (I'd laugh, and I'm a 'good judge' of them levitatious offerings that are, by their nature, 'subjective' , but even if someone else writ the above, it would merit more'n a snigger from me 😁) thrown in for good measure 😃 I'd expect nowt less from NUMBER ONE ! AAahh, Bob Hoskins (RIP) were great so he were

7.45 Lingfield

Took five mins to make us mind up here,,, #prolly take twice that long to type this oot 😂

Have gone off Toronado Grey and Cu Chulainn - might be another day for one or both of these,, enough form/form at the distance from most the rest to overlook bottom two in h'cap...

Dual Identity 13/8 shouldn't be far away,,, has won twice at the trip - a Class 4 on AW at Ncs, Class 5 on gd to firm at Salisbury,, one moderate run at Kempton on Stan/Slow over 2fs further than today's trip (led at about the 2f pole then last August, but that means little, as one cannae say that's good enough to get involved at a different course/distance,, similar surface mind, but that were a grade lower race) ,,,, makes no appeal at all at prices; lightly raced, is only 4; eff it, he wins, then he wins; hope he won't, and aint w/o ??s

Elkonix is fair short at ~ 5/2 gen,, only his seventh run,, at 5/2 best price I'm no hanging my hat (the opposite in fact) on him replicating or improving upon his 2nd over CD in a Class 5 two runs back,,, has a tendency to go wide an all - Good - and if this aint rectified then, as the Aussies say, "he's got Buckley's" 😂 lay for two and three places - job's hopefully a gud'un 😁

MISS MULLIGAN 15/2 ew topweight, first time cheekpieces,, pretty much zero AW form, but no mind,, she's won and hit crossbar o'er this trip quite a few times and her price is appealing = good enough for me

MORLAIX 8/1 ew a winner at Chelmsford over the same grade/trip four runs back,,, added to the price = same as above ie 'good enough for me'

Likely MM be chasing pace and MORLAIX be held up,,, haven't spotted an out and out frontrunner, and am hopeful of a true-run race here,, rev f'cast as well on t'two pix 😄

#didn't check watch, but I reckons 'twere thrice as long

twere a daycint day for thread 2day (y'day now) - me put up a cupla wunners, and KR, I think, managed to #get 3 or so favs beat out of four or so that he were agin; and some of those beaten favs were oot t'places also,, So WD Konny 😊 #figure o' speech that - go figure eh 😆

any old road,,,

fare thee well punting boardies :)

yours,

leff aka NUMBER FKING 1 😃

Fair play to ya leff - couple of nice winners yesterday including your 11/2 NAP HUKUM !!! 😂 Early risers woulda caught a good piece of that price - wins easily at half t'price 😂 you got

Cheers for t'shoutout 😁 (this Emmerdale/Corrie schtick ya got goin on is reet mint 😂)

ya, well happy with 'getting 3 of 4 favs beat' . Not 2shabby if I aint being cocky. Pity about the last one in Tramore - we got fav beat, but our picks (my one and you had Ko Kate and another) didn't pull up much trees

Had a good day anyroad 😊 Might do a bit of study yet, but, like yerself/most on here it would seem, we is 😃 of the mindset that the going is of paramount importance - with changeable weather it's not always easy to know what it's going (hehe - 'going' ) to be like on t'track. Have often found myself looking thru the 'nons' mid-morning/early afternoon to try discern if eg a soft ground specialist is pulled out, and, if so, then can presume the 'good' going is unaltered. Not always (never is) that easy tho; usually most the 'nons' don't appear to have any particular ground preference, so humbug to that method 😓

Sunny in my neck atm, but can't presume it's the same all over England.

Think I'll just consider your 'sterling' insights provided above (unless this post manifests on t'next page 😃) Might head down to ye shoppe (great craic altogether is this verbiage for the #easily amused like mine self) and treat me to t'RP. About €5 for that publication nowadays - flippin eck 😲 #'taint that anything makes me laugh, but gibberish sho do amuse me, yessah 😁

If I see any likely ones I'll put them up.

Regardless, best of luck EVERYBODY 😊😊

1.30 Hexham

Tokaramore 8/1 - big enough price, but place-lay claims

West Lawn 4/1 - won a similar race (Class 5 over CD non amateur race) 3 runs back by a head. Might fare less well today; only managed 4th in her two recent runs. possible place lay; was hoping she'd be fav here. 4/1 aint a bad price for a win all the same with a decent enough amateur on top.

Olympus NB 12/1 - ew and place,, Third over CD three runs back,, that were Class 4; today's race Class 5,, Becky is a decent amateur,, ran yesterday over 2m at Catt, so unless pulled, can assume he's in fine fettle

place-lay ones are biggish prices, so will likely just do Olympus here

What's that? ............ oh right, yeah - "thanks leffesem" , very good

ur welcome 👍️

4.30 Epsom.. T'Derby 😃

2 4 agin the field

PIZ BADILE 10/1 - name's (not a very sexy one, but nevemind) a 'pagejumper' [readers who defecate daily will be familiar with t'pagejumpers on this thread 😋] so there's that,, Lianfranco on board,, not so sure about staying, but fek it..

STAR OF INDIA 16/1 - trained by Sir Aidan,, Seamie on top = nuff said

stick a couple of Frankels into t'mix

NAHANNI 25/1 - won lto AT THE COURSE albeit over shorter, on good to firm; three times a runner at the distance in lesser races prior to that, and won the two most recent,, softer ground than his lto course victory no harm either,, last yr's winning jock Adam Kirby on board - choo choo 😁

WESTOVER 25/1 - just got home lto over 2f shorter at Sandown - considered good enough to run in 2022 Cazoo Derby; 3 stars from 5 [like what they do in paper supplements - I'll check t'Sun to see what amt of 'Stars' he gets - they aint doing stars; ticks is where it's at there] form me 😊

PS fk the jollys - no trying to put anyone off Stone Age or Desert Crown, but they is verry shawrt

smileyfaceemoji

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

good (good to firm in places) is t'going,,, heard somewhere earlier on it were same as y'day (good - gd to soft in places) 😒 rain is due/forecast apparently, so there is that

didn't get a lot of fishing done recently - might get a bite on my peeler ns at some stage tho 😎

1:56 Donny - Ti Amo Sempre, fav, she looked very professional on her debut and can go one better today.

I'm at work, typical me, not much study can be done until later this afternoon.

• Advertisement

2.11 Musselburgh

STOLEN GLORY 10/3 ew won her only race - looks good price,, was a stiffer track where she won lto (at Bev) but will like top o the groond (gd - gd to firm the supposed going there) - don't rain in Scotland plz and thanks 😋

BON MARINE 15/2 ew has seen some early coin,, should improve from her first run + the (hopefully) better ground should help,, only six go to post, with just the two places,,, that's all I want! 😄

Explicit - 3 runs, no wins,, only a seller, but I've a feeling 6fs or softer ground would better suit the jolly here,,, consider plce-lay

Advertisement