Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnny Depp Vs. Amber Heard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Amenhotep

Amazed the doubling down on her lies by publishing that statement.

And the amount of people supporting her, just shows how tribal it is , even when prooved innocent in a court of law it doesn't matter to these people, it's all politics with them and they'd want an innocent person punished just because they don't like them politically/gender/etc ... - terrifying.

Like the Rittenhouse case.

Look at this mad yoke

https://twitter.com/anitasarkeesian/status/1532092637460672512?s=20&t=HqOQPvPE_vIpkvcQ8AgBtw

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I find that surprising to be honest, its a case that he took very seriously and spoke about publicly endlessly ..and yet he wasn't there on the most important day?? Surely that would over-ride any other commitments?

(btw - i'm on Depp's side)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Shes a muppet, wouldnt take anything she says seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Attend court of course, esp considering how important this case was to him --> seems odd to me

(who's the guvnor?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭jj880

Maybe he just needed to get away from it. His legal team are paid to rep him. Let them handle it.

I think it was a good move for him not to be there. Any reaction he had to that verdict and even just his presence in the court could have been picked up and twisted by the pro-Heard loons.

When I said earlier no-one believes her crap I meant people actually worth listening to. You know those capable of understanding basic facts, evidence and logic because it's quite unbelievable how anyone can say there was even a hint of injustice here. She shouldve kept her lies to herself, enjoyed the release of Aquaman then made Aquaman 2. How different things could have been.

I believe part of the reason he left was to spend time with Lily-Rose for her birthday. Apparently he has never missed spending their birthdays with his kids and its very important to him.

I think his not being there made a statement, that to him this action was about getting the truth out there, not winning a large settlement. The money is nothing to Depp.

I was going to say that Depp could make one hell of a statement by paying the settlement to the hospital and ACLU but fu<k them now

Well that was a factual and balanced opinion piece from that lady on The Last Word /s

• Registered Users Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You can say one thing for Amber Heard...she's a good actress when in court

Delighted Depp won, too much emphasis put on women need to believed no matter the evidence

Post edited by fritzelly on

• Advertisement

UK Media defending the British court system 'How could Depp win in the US and Heard in the UK'. Apparently the Jury system is easier to fool, and the UK judge (no Jury) didn't allow Depp as much leeway in questioning.

So, Jury systems not good apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Amenhotep

A lot of reports that Heard is getting completely cut from Aquaman 2. Nothing official yet but wouldn't surprise me if its confirmed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,329 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Well, there is a petition right now that's currently sitting at 4.5 million to get her removed from the movie. I'd imagine WB looked at that, and at the trial, and thought... 'Between Miller in The Flash, and now Heard...we're gonna have to try and do some damage control. And since Miller is the lead in The Flash, we can't cut him out of the movie'... with Heard, they can do reshoots to give a reason as to why she's not in the film. Or even simple ADR (Additional Dialogue recordings).

Jason Mamoa celebrated Depp's win, so that sort of tells you Heard was... easily cut.

Inside the first minute of this interview Heard states she "stands by every word of her testimony until her dieing day."

Her latest fantasy is the jury were conned by Depp into their verdict.

I think she needs some kind of intervention to be honest. Completely detached from reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,472 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Looking at her and listening to her in that video… her mannerisms, intonations… it’s like she’s actually acting…like she’s playing part, a character ..

she’s a liar… she’s actually disturbed…. Playing the mental health card… she’s dreadful..

Contradicting herself in the interview….

Its incredible to see someone like this still being given a platform. It must be a fascination with sociopaths giving big ratings at this stage. Im including myself in that. Im definitely not watching to hear a balanced view from her on anything. That ship has sailed long ago.

The amount of platform which see is getting, even after that trial displayed exactly what she is like, really drives home that I was correct in keeping my mouth shut when I was in an abusive relationship.

I would have been crucified if I came forward and she denied (and threw an accusation back)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I don't get the link between Killing Joke and this case, but anything Jaz Coleman related is always welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

there's a clip of johnny arriving at court and he opens the SUV door and killing joke is blarrrring loud! the song was "death and resurrection show" and that was also the song johnny covered in London with Jeff beck while amber was in the US waiting for the verdict!

nice to hear them covered but two guitarists combined cannot come close to the sound of Geordie Walker!!

The media bet heavy on the narrative, and lost.

This #MeToo and #TimesUp narrative is toxic. Actually, it reminds me very similarly of the 'Trump vs Hillary' narrative. Hillary was gonna be the FIRST female president of the US. Didn't matter that she wasn't supported at her own events. Didn't matter that more people campaigned for John Kerry (who lost) than did her... nope, she was gonna win, DAMMIT!.

And then she lost. And went on a 4 year 'loser' tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,472 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The hashtags metoo timesup is a bullying narrative… it encourages the ‘words’ of people to be believed over facts and evidence….it encourages pointing of fingers and accusations ahead facts and truth…it encourages the destruction of character over due process, credible evidence and justice..

One thing I noted from watching parts of the trial, Chew, Vasquez and Depp himself when they reacted to what Heard was saying.….it was with disbelief, wonder and loathing and occasionally hilarity and bewilderment…whatever about Depp but I don’t think Chew and Vasquez are quite of the actual acting caliber to hoodwink the universe.

one of the main things that me*oo advocate is for people to publicise their experiences of abuse or harassment…

personally I’d be more inclined to knock on the door of a police/Garda station and make a complaint then go on Twitter or tv……amber heard called police, refused to make a complaint and when examined not one shred of damage, bruising or injury was found…no evidence that Depp assaulted her at all…

given the huge numbers of supporters for Depp.. from the industry which he is of… respected actors like…Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Eva Green…even his ex Vanessa Parradis…. With nothing negative that Ambers team could present…. surely one person was mistreated by JD ? No ?

during the trial when questioned Depp looked straight ahead, listened, answered and stayed quiet

Amber.. smirked, often tried to look at and address the jury directly with her answer which she was admonished for on countless occasions by the judge and Camille Vasquez… I’m no legal expert but I’d have been tempted to admonish her with a contempt charge from the bench…it was obviously an attempt to influence and sway as your natural instinct is to look at whomever is talking to / with you….as opposed to a consistently silent and static audience of observers…

Using truth to power is bad enough but then when asked about Vasquez stating Heard's testimony was the performance of a lifetime she replies "Says the lawyer for the man who convinced the world he had scissors for fingers" 😆😆😆

Im speechless. Where do you start with that? She needs to move on. Its embarrassing.

I said it before, but it needs repeating - if #believeAllWomen or #IbelieverHer had been around when Emmett Till was murdered, would they still be bleating the same message? I mean, it was a woman who accused him of whistling at her?

These hashtags completely ignores the rule of law. Innocent until proven guilty. We've seen high profile cases of vindictive men and women making up allegations as some form of 'grudge' against an individual.

Just look at the case of Nora Wall, a nun who was accused of abuse, by a woman who even had a 'witness'. Turns out, the whole story was fabricated. Didn't stop Paul Williams coming out with a 'scoop' about how Ms Wall had provided children to paedophile priest Brendan Smyth. (This story proved to be completely fabricated).

Ms Wall eventually sued the state for a miscarriage of justice. Sued the Sunday World too, for the Williams article. They printed an apology letter, but you'd probably have needed a magnifying glass to see it.

http://www.irishsalem.com/individuals/writers-and-journalists/paul-williams/SunWorldApology.php

Fair play to this interviewer - she did ask some good questions. Here we have the donate / pledge conflation.

Heard eventually when pushed basically says "It wasnt my fault - I shouldnt have had to actually donate the money in order to prove I donated it in court". Unreal. How do you deal with a person like this on a daily basis? It must be soul draining.

Post edited by jj880 on

Her lawyer's apparently cried before the verdict. I think, when they signed on to the case, they thought it was a slam dunk, no problem win, and they were gonna coin heavily. Amber was the victim, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭combat14

Amber Heard shows TV interviewer ‘binder’ of notes she says record physical abuse by Johnny Depp

she just doesn't stop...... appeal it in court or , shut up/put up..

Squeezing the last few shillings out of the frenzy around the court case. I would say Depp should sue her again but all it would do is give her more airtime. Im hoping the public get bored with this alternate reality nonsense soon and we dont see any more of these sickening interviews. She has nothing new to say now except more pathetic attempts to blame everything and everyone except herself. Its getting played out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭combat14

the only way to stop her is to make her pay out the money she owes after that jail if she persists..

Advertisement