Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport security waiting times

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,268 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Not accurate as per my latest post. Air france has been opening around 3.15am for 6am flights during this week. I know people who've been on them. Flying air france myself tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

im putting off booking my trip until September was hoping to get away in 5 or 6 weeks but I’ve absolutely no confidence that this DAA board and senior management team can sort out this mess…absolute shambles of an organisation, or a disorganisation to be more apt about it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Strumms if it’s an option look at Shannon, I went out that way last week and it was great, even with the drive from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Currently at the airport now! Heading to Edinburgh at 19.35. Had a bag to drop so allowed for extra time & got here at 4. Bag checked in & got through security by 16.35. My carry-on also got pulled aside for swabbing too in that time also.

I did notice a group of staff at check-in with an instructor looked like they were preparing & going over instructions for tomorrow onwards & a lot of guys directing traffic at the set down stops also.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭asdfg87

T

The people who allowed the experienced staff to leave should resign. Instead we have a meeting. It's good enough for us as we are good at incompetence in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ok, and who do you get to replace them in the short term? Who would have the experience to not only fulfil their roles, but manage a crisis situation?

Whatever about heads rolling months after this passes. It's unrealistic to expect heads to roll a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

T1, Ryanair. Dropped at new departure zone on far side of atrium at 5.50am. Had a bag drop but it was empty and hassle free. Through fast track in 10 mins and out at 6.25am. 35 mins in total.

Only criticism would be lack of trolleys at new drop off. Had to go searching. I had 2 kids, large luggage and a car seat.

This problem has been there since last summer but it got worse as numbers increased.

Nothing will happen, I have being using other airport because of Dublin mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

What power do they have over DAA? None as it's not taxpayer funded. It's funded by airline customers, car parking and shoppers.

Televised PAC sessions are like some sort of strange powerless Star Chamber, all sound and fury, signifying nothing.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

Resign??? You've been watching too much TV, resignation due to scandal or incompetence and/or even corruption only happens in other countries, not here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

You just need to be able to show your vaccine cert? Not the QR code that you used to have to create for Spain?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Hi! Where is that new drop off area? Is it the back of the short term car park where the carpark bus does drop offs?

And is it the same for pick up too?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's no pickup zone of any description.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

any idea how is the Q today?

we have no check in bags but we have a wheel chair booked.

does anyone know what sort of q or waiting is it for the wheelchair assistance in T1 for flight departure 8.50pm tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

Thanks for the chuckle.

I'd never arrive 2.5 hours before a flight. Might do 1.5 hours at a push, but for me one hour should be enough and almost always is. But I'm old enough that when I was flying frequently, Ryanair did not exist and neither did Stansted airport and with 40+ year experience I will only ever book an early morning flight if there's no other option.

One time the queue was too long and I would not have made it though security, so I turned around, drove to Forest Little Golf Club and enjoyed a morning of golf. If I came to the airport last Sunday, that would have been my answer too. Life is too short.

There are two things I will never do in life under any circumstances 1- Park in a disabled parking spot, 2 - Blame a front facing member of staff of any organisation, whether that's retail, leisure or airport security.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I’m sure the 7 year old I was traveling with would have been delighted if I said “sorry son, no holiday for you this year, I’m off to play golf”.

You weren’t there, yet continue to pontificate about what you would have done. The fact is - as is borne out not by my statements but the additional reporting - is that had you turned up 2.5 hours before your flight, you wouldn’t have made it.

So basically what you're saying is that flying was better when only rich people could afford to fly.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Presumably the DAA need some sort of license/tender to operate DUB, ergo that's what they get threatened with - bringing in someone else. Presumably, if they have a contract, it ideally has some provisions around standards for this type of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

maybe the wrong thread but, dont you need the pre flight anti terror forms filled for spain anymore?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

New drop off zone the first 'lane' of the coach park. Was there at 3.30am this morning picking up (I got him to wait at the very end of that lane, where it starts to turn).

Same idiots sitting in cars clogging things up almost the full length of that lane. It's as if the usual Departures road mess had just transferred over one road.

Are they taxis waiting on customers? WTF has them sitting like goms in their cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Yep people waiting to collect others are clogging up the roads. That's why as part of the new paid pick up and drop off system there will be a free waiting area over near the red car park. The free waiting area is needed now I feel.

Taxis from the likes of FreeNow have always waited in this area. Only the taxis that paid a premium can go to the regular taxi zone. I think it's a farce of a system to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

went through yesterday - 15 mins luggage drop, 15 for fast pass security @ 14.15

What really annoys me is there was some goons from some soccer club plonked right in the middle of the Ryanair queue and no one from DAA or the 3 gardai standing right beside them thought to tell them to move out of the way. 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jimbobmalones

Hi all

If no bag drop and fast track (I booked it before the current shambles) can one just go ahead to the relevant

area or does everyone have to queue regardless in the one queue?

(ie are there separate queues for different categories)

J

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

There's separate entrances at the door for security only and for bag drop. Fast track is well sign posted and yesterday was open when we arrived at 3.40 am. Took about 30 minutes as opposed to 50+ in the regular queue

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Passed through on Friday morning approx 9.30am. Ryanair bag drop machine accepted the bag even though it was slightly more than 2.5 hours beforehand. No queue to get in to the airport. Security took less than 10mins, said 10 mins one the app. Overall, even easier than before! Whole place airside was absolutely manky though particularly the toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I was there Saturday around 3.30 in T1. Fast track was already open. Took about 20 minutes. Queues and crowds inside weren't as bad as April, no queue to get pastries and coffee in Marquette and bar queue was 3 minutes. Marquette was clean and there were very visible cleaning crews doing circuits of the tables. Didn't visit any toilets but all in all it was a much more pleasant experience than the last time I was in the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

60 mins+ this afternoon in T1 - another circus.

Advertisement