Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JeDo

@maggie 44 I think you can apply for incremental credits for previous service, there’s a circular on gov.ie but you should contact HR Department of your new placement for more information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

So my character reference person is not acceptable for some reason. Explained that ive been a stay at home mam the last few years and not a member of any clubs etc so asked her to call the work references i already gave. Will see what she comes back with.

thought the days of getting the local guard or priest to talk you up were well gone. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Beckett99

Received an EOI email for my second choice Co. Dublin. This would invalidate my first choice, the panel for which has barely moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rcva

I applied through Wexford County Council for the role, not public jobs but I thought someone might have some advice anyway!

I’ve completed the aptitude test and have now been asked to fill out a form to be called for an interview. I have one reference who I worked with years ago on a summer internship/ work experience and he’s now fairly high up in the civil service so I think this will work well. I’m stuck on a second reference. I’ve taken some years out of work to have my kids and raise them and other than that I’ve been freelance/ self employed! I’m a right in thinking that they like one of the references to be from a current employer? Struggling to think what would work best and how picky they are about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

One work ref and one personal character ref (can't be family or friend) will usually do for county council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Alan306

Hi I'm new to this anyone no if you have criminal record can you apply

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

You will be put through Garda Vetting so any current criminal record will be flagged there.

You don't have to disclose any spent convictions when applying for the civil service in general, but for certain bodies like AGS, the Courts, etc, you do have to disclose.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cdkerw

Hi there, iv just been called to do an interview for the CO 2022 competition. Im 7 months pregnant at the moment and if successful, would not be able to take a position until after maternity leave. From other peoples experience, is it better to tell them at interview or wait until after a position is offered? I really dont want to miss out on the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 frances5420

Does anyone know order of merit the have reach on the Tipperary or Limerick panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BoatGirlDolly

Proof of eligibility of citizenship

Hello, can anyone advise what to send for this field? I sent the id of driver licence and public service card. Do I need something else too to cover this field? THanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

wait and see I suppose but psc doesn’t prove anything as anyone can get them, the license might do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Emmah82

Hi @Cat1212 , congratulations on passing your interview. I just sat my interview today and was wondering how long it would take before I hear if I passed or not.

I have to supply more details on previous employment. Back to the emails I go !

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

Sat my interview on Monday and just heard back today (Friday), confirming that I passed and am through to the Dublin panel. Pretty quick turnaround!

And now, the waiting game to get vetted/appointed begins.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 elanicap1

Tipp are at 37, don't know about Limerick. I got an Expression of interest a few days ago for Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Demmis

Mid 1300 in Dublin here, I had my interview early this week and I just was informed that I successfully passed from the interview stage. Any ideas which OOM are they currently calling for assessment in Dublin? Good luck to all of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Emmah82

Was about to ask the same. I had my interview earlier today and found out I had passed so was wondering what OOM they are calling for clearance in Dublin. Im also in the early 1300.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 frances5420

Thanks, and roughly what number are u on the Tipperary panel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 elanicap1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

You are not required to tell them and they cant ask so its up to you. I know people who were in this situation and deferred their place once they explained it. As in they told them when they got the place offer

congrats and good luck with the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cat1212

Hiya, it can take up to two working weeks but I knew 4 days later. You will probably hear back quite quickly. what panel are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mick001

Same here also Emma, Im early 1200's. I seen posted on here that someone around 780 started their position mid May, so could be a while yet perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bandyboo

An update on Monaghan as it does not get mentioned much. I have just been asked to submit my documents and vetting. I am over the moon. I have been following this thread and all comments for months now. I was in the high teens oom in Monaghan and interviewed towards the end of April. Result for interview came back same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

Hi ,

After assignment, were you waiting long before H.r made contact with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bandyboo

I did the interview about towards end April and retained my oom. Got a location selection page a few days later, which I returned. Then nothing until yesterday which was a request for documents and garda vetting.

It does not say when or where any placement will be made. Only that I am being considered for a position. I have a week to respond, which seems longer than others on here got, probably due to the bank holiday weekend. I'm still with the clearance team no HR involvement yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JeDo

Post edited by JeDo on

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Demmis

For anyone who knows and has previous experience, I have a query: as I explained in a previous post, I've OOM early 1300, and I was informed last week I successfully passed the interview stage. Is there any possibility of not being offered a job? Supposing I will pass the assessment & clearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 poltort2

The panel won't expire till January 2023 so if you had your interview it's more than likely you'll be offered a job. It will probably take a few weeks before clearance and pre employment checks will be in touch but after that it's all quick. I was early 800s for Dublin and have just been assigned a department after about 2 weeks of pre employment checks.

Advertisement