Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange order/Linfield FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,154 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

See the monitoring body responsible assessment. The IRA was not involved. End of. If you have different info take it to them.

Otherwise this is off topic.

Your hideous attempt to dilute this is just that, hideous. Yes there are some on the 'other' side who have done wrong, but that does NOT dilute this and shouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

Grow up and use your brain. The NI conflict is not remotely analogous to what Russia is inflicting on Ukraine and it's an insult to Ukraine for you to pretend it is.

Ironically enough there's a sizeable enough minority within Irish Republicanism which is deeply sympathetic to Russian imperialism, in a similar manner to how your hero Dan Breen idolised the Nazis.

It is not a glib responce,yous are proclaiming both as equal/bad as each other

When asked for simple evidence of same occuring,regarding catholics celebrating murder of innocent protestants yous started ranting and have thus far been unable to do so,

labeling others position as shallow/conceited,because your simply unable to support your own repeated assertions,is something you should perhaps take time to reflect upon

I dont think the mcareevy song is particularly bad (obvious family distress aside),there is much much worse sung and conduct around the orange order,it merly confirms what many suspect of em.....it would be akin to being shocked of the kkk made up a song about george flyod

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

pretending that you care one bit about the the McAreaveys shows that you are not just a **** stirrer but a slimeball as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yeah but this stuff is routinely tolerated on boards. God knows why!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

We need to be well equipped to deal with this element of Unionism in a United Ireland. Internal security will need to be seriously beefed up and a policy of containment, in their own UVF-controlled ****-holes, should be robustly pursued. These people will seek to cause maximum chaos should they find themselves in a United Ireland and that will need to be countered with zero tolerance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

Lad you've lost the plot. I've never voted for SF in my life and never will but you must have to admit that sectarian harted is far more prevalent on the loyalist side. We're facing into the 'Glorious 12th' celebrations soon enough. Where Loyalists celebrate their British heritage by burning pallets with Irish flags on and effigies of various Irish people. In the same way that the Orange Order were celebrating their Britishness and Protestantism by singing songs about a woman who was murdered on her honeymoon whilst sitting sipping warm cans of larger at cheap sh*tty picnic tables in a hall decorated with cheap union jack bunting and tapestries of weird old Dutch dudes. Loyalism should be mocked and denigrated, it's a joke.

FYI, the IRA decommissioned over 20 years ago and SF are committed to the Good Friday agreement. The political representatives of Loyalism however.........DUP & TUV.

@John Bell and @Andrew McDade - what kind of d1cks are you?

John Cooper Clarke says it better than I ever could....and he's a Brit- what you think of that eh? One of your own. maybe this is language you'll understand.

Like a Night Club in the morning, you’re the bitter end

Like a recently disinfected ****-house, you’re clean round the bend 

You give me the horrors

Too bad to be true 

All of my tomorrow’s

Are lousy coz of you 

You put the Shat in Shatter

Put the Pain in Spain

Your germs are splattered about

Your face is just a stain

You’re certainly no raver, commonly known as a drag

Do us all a favour, here… wear this polythene bag

You’re like a dose of scabies

I’ve got you under my skin

You make life a fairy tale… Grimm!

People mention murder, the moment you arrive

I’d consider killing you if I thought you were alive

You’ve got this slippery quality

It makes me think of phlegm

And a dual personality

I hate both of them

Your bad breath, vamps disease, destruction, and decay

Please, please, please, please, take yourself away

Like a death a birthday party

You ruin all the fun

Like a sucked and spat our smartie

you’re no use to anyone

Like the shadow of the guillotine

On a dead consumptive’s face

Speaking as an outsider

What do you think of the human race

You went to a progressive psychiatrist

He recommended suicide…

Before scratching your bad name off his list

And pointing the way outside

You hear laughter breaking through, it makes you want to fart

You’re heading for a breakdown

Better pull yourself apart

Your dirty name gets passed about when something goes amiss

Your attitudes are platitudes

Just make me wanna piss

What kind of creature bore you

Was is some kind of bat

They can’t find a good word for you

But I can…

TWAT

Oh yeah and, your little Orange club doesn't want you either:

A Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland spokesperson said: “The behaviour of those involved and their actions have no place in our society..."

So essentially, fck off out of our society please.

Thanks!

They were only singing a song,a distasteful one,but a song nonetheless

Its education and mixing from a young age will finish this bigotry....well established anti-discrimination laws will protect innocents,but i dont think mass arrests/zero tolerence for someone holding distasteful beliefs is any better than special powers act 1923 in the north......

oppression never solves any of society ills,its reach out and education will....20 odd years ago it took 9/11 to dislodge holycross protests from world news,now that area of belfast has a sf mp (elected with cross community argreement).....change is possible,even worst bigot can change,ian paisley went onto form a close friendship with martin mcguinness

Don't worry, your posts tell us all about what you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Mixing? Maybe maybe not. Murdering scumbag Billy Wright used to play Hurley when he was a kid.

In a statement issued through the PA news agency, John Bell and Andrew McDade said their part in the video was a matter of “deep shame and regret”.They described the chant as “offensive, vile and wholly abhorrent” and said the video was not reflective of who they are or “the values of the loyal orders and the wider unionist and loyalist community”. They said friends and family had been subjected to online threats and abuse as a result of their “unacceptable actions”.

I wonder what their stance is on gay cake? I mean, are Unionists and Loyalists communities in favour of gay cake? This is important to me because i need to understand "the values of the loyal orders" in order to understand their statement. If they're not in favour of gay cake, then really, their apologies are meaningless for me.

So , John Bell and Andrew McDade- since you like singing....this one's for you.....

john Bell and Andrew Mcdade up a tree- K.I.S.S.I.N.G

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

nothing to do with sinn fein ergo sinn fein are not extremists as stated.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

They issued their statement through Jamie Bryson's PR agency.

Yeah tell me more about this agency Francie- it's late and I'm not in the mood to google- but, as I was refreshing the page, I was reading some of the "press statements" "on behalf of both" and I thought- that's awfully strange, that the two guys would collaborate with a press agency to issue a PR statement- and then I just saw your post- please educate me- is this an Orange Order press agency?

I've just googled Jamie Bryson- a former Linfield FC former player, a loyalist

Riiiiggghhttt- so there goes any credibility on the apology front- they're still scum bags and always will be-

john Bell and Andrew Mcdade up a tree- K.I.S.S.I.N.G

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

So you both want to use the disgusting behaviour and disrespect of a dead woman so you can have a pop for your own agendas. You're both nearly as bad.

This is the same crowd who were angry about a cartoon last week?

They're in a death spiral. No love for the land so now that their union is under threat, they're lashing out. Riots etc. and all the politics around the protocol. You'd almost feel sorry for them. The usual suspects on here defending the indefensible while humming along to the video.

You don't give one **** about the McAreaveys. All you care about is stirring up **** in the North in the hope of a return to violence which will apparently bring about a "glorious United Ireland".

Plenty like you out there as well, several of them posting in this thread.

Oh well Sinn Fein bot says Sinn Fein had nothing to do with the IRA, that's that settled then, lol.

• Advertisement

Loyalism should be mocked and denigrated and so should NI Irish Republicanism.

Both are forces of murder and nihilism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Bullshit. As well you know.

A poster claimed it was ‘one side’ that is up to no good. I showed otherwise.

If you don’t like that, jog on.

Your faux outrage is laughable. If I recall correctly you were making a joke about ‘no paedos and no blacks’ yesterday on another thread.

Out of respect this thread should be closed.

A victim not even involved in the conflict/war being used again to vent hate. Almost as bad as those in the original video’s use of her. Appalling really.

Strange post. You were in the thick of things yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭malk518

Boards has an anti SF agenda. For example you can say Sinnerbot and not be band but try that with the other party names and you will be band.

I corrected somebody on Yeats, and their interpretation of what has happened since the GFA was signed.

Hardly 'in the thick' of using a victim (not even associated with the conflict/war) to score points.

I feel dirty even participating in this. Have at it.

One example of your posts from yesterday:

”Wait until you see, these guys will have pics of her on bonfires in defiance of decency.”

Post edited by sam t smith on

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭MakersMark

Why anyone wants a united Ireland is beyond me.

• Advertisement

I often wonder if that's why some of these posters are on boards.ie Turn people off the idea every bit possible.

Advertisement