Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Took a punt on it - why not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what size is a 54cm cervelo? i suspect too big for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I entered, I can afford a new bike bit a £20 is no biggie.

I think 54 should fit me but even if it doesn't, it'll fund a new bike that does.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

couple of very tasty battaglins on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Not beauty really but my new bike with extra bling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

My Touring Bike, a Koga Miyata Roadrunner, Late 1980s. Just needs new saddle and matching bar tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭hesker

They made some fine bikes. I almost bought a 1980s Fullpro a few years ago. Kitted out with full dura ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭comete

My volare 931 got da9100 for this season and the carbon wheels are back out for summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭f1000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Good to see silver making a return although the 2X doesn't quite match the simplicity of the 1X. I see 105 is now available in silver as well as black but not Ultegra unfortunately.

I see 105 is now available in silver

*perks ears up*

the move to black groupsets set bike aesthetics back years.

My bike and my wallet are ready!!!!!!

a pity the rear derailleur still looks like the only part of the terminator which survived the crusher.

https://www.bike24.com/p2280868.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

that's funny. I was out yesterday on my older machine and only with your comment do I realise why the chainset caught my eye

Compromise - DA7900 or R9000 chainsets - black AND silver, and handsome to boot.

Getting rarer each year though sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭hesker

Got me thinking when did black group sets first appear. Might do some digging but pretty sure they were available in the 70s although quite rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I put DA9000 on the bike I built up last year, the silver is much classier looking than the new Dura Ace stuff. When the time comes for an upgrade I'd think of switching to SRAM rather than put a black chainring on it.

Amen. So much classier.

• Advertisement

those wheels don't go with that bike.

though i've just copped i posted a similar one about 20 posts ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

A couple of pics of my commuter hybrid, just back from major frame transplant surgery. It started life as a 2011 Boardman Hybrid Pro:

A couple of years ago, the frame developed a crack where the drive side chainstay meets the bottom bracket. I got it repaired but a few weeks ago the chainstay broke completely, a little further along from where the repair was done. The frame material was clearly fatigued and there was no point in attempting another repair. It was time to call it quits.

I looked around for a used frame, on the assumption that most would probably have considerably less mileage and would be worth taking a chance on. But luckily, while searching I stumbled across the eBay shop for Revelo Sports, who sell so called “new old stock”.  From there I picked up a new, still boxed, 2014 Boardman CX Team cyclocross frame for the amazing price of £57 (plus £44 courier charge for delivery, plus another €45 Gombeen tax at my front door; so about €165 in total to get my hands on it; still pretty good for a brand new frame).

Everything from the previous frame went straight onto the CX Team frame, with the exception of the BB30 crankset. The new frame has a PF30 bottom bracket shell (46mm vs. 42mm for BB30). A PF30 to BB30 adaptor sorted that out for an additional €21.

So here she is, back on the road, fully dorked up with rack, mudguards and the indispensable rear view mirror. As pictured, she tips the scales at a fairly portly 11.3 kg, so she’s a bit of an ould bus, admittedly. But I still love her, nevertheless! Very little of the original bike now remains, just the front and rear derailleurs, shifters, seat post clamp and headset spacer and cap. I’m all set for another 10 years of suburban motoring. Roll on!

that's quite a stem angle!

Yes, it looks a bit odd. But it places the bar ends, which I use most of the time, just below the saddle and at about the same height as the hoods on my roadbike. The forks are long and provide a lot of clearance over the front tyre. The headtube is also quite long (15mm longer than the previous frame), so the stem sits a lot higher than on a roadbike frame. The stem's 40 degree angle just helps to get the bars back down to where I prefer them to be.

Is that a 200mm front rotor??? Quite the stopping power!!!!!!!!

Yes, it is a 203mm rotor, with Shimano Saint 4 pot caliper. They were very sharp and abrupt when first fitted and I needed to be careful in the wet. But they have softened somewhat with use and are now more predictable and better modulated. There's still loads of power whenever needed and a moderate two fingered squeeze provides all the stopping power you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Alanbt

Ever so slightly in the wrong thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

The urge to charitably move that into the user's fleets thread.

Sorry keeping_her_lit, useful and ask though it is, it's not for in here!

Advertisement