Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

this is just conspiricy theory stuff really.

north korea is lead by a genocidal maniac, with south korea not being so.

not a chance in hell does harry being further down the church then his brother, the future king compare to the situation of the 2 koreas, that's a ridiculous over exaggeration.

the reason both harry and meghan left in the first place was because they wanted a more back ground roll and that is what they have got, there isn't a shred of evidence the money is running out dispite no doubt certain publications trying to gaslight their readers into thinking otherwise.

marriages break down all the time, this one may do so or it may not, the same with kats and wills.

meghan broke off the relationship with her father because of his behaviour, he brought that issue on by using the media to engage in imotional blackmail, he is the only responsible for his daughter refusing to talk to him right now.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

i doubt it, they were only ever likely going for the sake of his grandmother anyway rather then specifically wanting to attend.

put in their place? hardly, they knew once they left they wouldn't be in the same position as they would have been had they stayed, yet they left anyway, which shows that their life now is much preferable to what they left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The Pageant is fabulous. The British know how to do pomp and ceremony well.

To thine own self be true

Loved last nights sketch with Her Majesty and Paddington.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Did they think they’d be missed?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Why ? The queen said she enjoyed it and vowed to remain queen. That’s the main trust of the article. I mean that picture on the balcony does look like the danish and Swedish royal families in that they have a royal house which is a core group and then the royal family as a whole. Also those kids are growing up fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Re: The Koreas. It's called hyperbole.

I think it's clear this weekend that William is quite influential and The Duke of Windsors comment about never being sure if you're in but definitely knowing you're out is evident. The Sussexes are out. The monarchys future lies with William and he's shown his cards. The no invite to the garden reception was the coup de grace.

Whatever victim narratives they might cling to (e.g. Harry's memoir) have also been blown out of the water by virtue of being there i.e. if you're willing to engage with celebrating among those who have caused you such anguish and suffering then it couldn't have been that bad all things considered. Their relevance, particularly to paymasters watching proceedings, has taken an absolutely gigantic crash by attending the jubilee because it is now crystal clear to the world that they have no importance in the royal pecking order. They are at the bottom; they are also-rans and to the senior Royals they are a tabloid side-show that needs monitoring.

Post edited by valoren on

actually, it's debatible as to whether the monarky's future does lie with william as the likely hood of it surviving long enough for him to even become king is debatible not to mention that dispite the pretence he isn't actually that popular ultimately.

the reason it enjoys the place it does is down to the queen and the good will she enjoys, charles is a bit meh but a nice chap so might be able to just about carry things a little longer but that is debatible.

the reality is that their leaving of the RF was about taking a back seat, never about never having anything to do with any members of the RF or never having anything to do with anything in relation to the RF ever again so really you are massively over exaggerating again.

there won't be any victim or any narratives from them as they are to an extent victims due to their brave decision to leave.

however to be fair to them they don't see themselves as victims dispite speaking what is quite likely some bit of truth about the RF as an institution.

What does taking a back seat mean and what exactly does that involve?

I think you're minimising it. If Harry left and worked a job, an actual job, or pursued personal interests then I could see your point about back seats. Instead what he's been doing is an imitation of what he was already doing as a working Royal. Highlighting important issues, making stump speeches about those issues etc. And they've been paying for it out of their own pockets in a country which fought a war to not have Royalty.

Make it make sense.

There seems to be an extensive family there, with none of the drama and PR antics, who would be able to take up working duties in H&M's absence if they wanted to. If the UK wants to become a republic then I'd say Charles and William would be understanding of the will of the people.

• Advertisement

it means being in the back ground of the RF and not being a working royal, presumably, and in fairness what's not to like.

the 2 of them have quite a good life, he is still royalty and will always be so ultimately but he can do his own thing and is doing so.

there are plenty of other non-working members of the RF who could step in wherever sure, but realistically there is no point in them doing so and to be honest i doubt many of them are that interested otherwise they would already be working in some form.

i think charles would be very much understanding of the will of the people if they decided to abolish the monarky but i have a feeling william wouldn't be so happy about it but would have to put up with it as he comes across as really wanting to be king whereas charles is just going with the flow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That was so funny and so well done.

Tapping the cup and saucer to 'we will rock you' 😂!

He's still Royalty but with this existential crisis awaiting them after QE dies then he might be an ex-Royal like the rest of them but he'll be an ex-Royal who has fallen out with his family. By the time a British monarchy is rescinded and Charles likely gone by that time then a middle aged William, the ex-Prince of Wales, will be holding all those inherited purse strings. The upcoming docuseries really needs to be a hit to keep the cash flowing because as far as I can see he'll never forgive Harry.

he has only fell out with william really, and i think william may not be as innocent in that as one may think, but i guess the 2 brothers and those in close proximity will be the only ones to know the ultimate truth really.

if the monarky is abolished then william will only inherrit what he is left from charles's personal wealth as everything else will belong to the people and harry will inherrit also.

harry will be fine, he has his life free of the RF and the daily mail's sour grapes, he'l be grand.

Harry and Meghan said that they would only have 2 children to save the planet, or some such noble cause. Then fly by private jet for a 4 day visit to see Granny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I think what you saw on the balcony is very much what you'll be getting of the Monarchy once The Queen is gone. The current, the heirs and the necessary spares. The days of the hangers-on are over. I doubt very much that The Sussexes would have been on the balcony even if Megxit hadn't happened. They are well and truly superfluous. I can't see the Monarchy surviving in any other form. No more Duke This or Duchess That or Earl of Kiss-Me-Arse cos they're the monarch's Grandkid with not even an outside chance they'll ever become Monarch.

who cares, non-issue.

better they are on a private jet with their security then taking up space on a commercial air liner inconveniencing other passengers.

exactly, charles has been saying for a long time he plans to slim things down hugely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Why would they inconvenience other passengers if they flew commercial?

Fair play to your blind adoration of them. I’d imagine that if they were on a commercial flight, people might see what they’re really like.

• Advertisement

that would be a good thing, people could see them for real rather then the character creation that the daily mail are trying to create.

still though it's easier for everyone if they just fly on their own jet.

“still though it's easier for everyone if they just fly on their own jet.”

And to Hell with the environment that they claim to be so concerned about!

They’re desperately searching for something to be “relevant” about- with the RF, they had instant relevancy with all of the royal sponsored charities and of course the military titles- without those they’re pretty much irrelevant and I think they’re learning the hard way that it’s a tough world out there.

i think most celebs are shying away from the whole planet and sustainability thing simply because they won’t give up their jets and their 8mpg Bentleys and anyway, ordinary people are sick to the teeth of being lectured to by the privileged and rich so they better watch they don’t get cancelled by us 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Suddenly they're more willing to share photos of their kids ...

I'm thinking since it was released via People magazine then they were expecting the "Lili meets Lili" scoop but settled for the one Lili instead. At least they waited until the jubilee was over. See, I said something nice. It also has had a meh reaction as the PM confidence vote and the start of Love Island seemed to be the trending searches.

Post edited by valoren on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

I read that apparently the Queen refused to have her picture taken with them and possibly they are hoping to have some focus on them after C and W were with their kids publicly.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm sure they greatly missed Granny and it's absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she's 96, her health is dwindling and she's sitting on about £365,000,000.00 of her own dosh. Or, in dollars, that's just shy of half a billion.

Anyone who thinks Meghan will lose interest in Harry after this clear signal to the world that they are Out of the circle are mistaken. Meghan's not going anywhere until after London Bridge is down and The Favourite Grandson Harry's slice of those assets are safely in the joint bank account. Aren't California's alimony laws supposedly very generous?

They didn’t get married in California though - and he’s not a US citizen- so not sure where that would leave jurisdiction - however IF it ever came to divorce, I’d imagine he’ll be wanting access to the children so he might have to tow the line with whatever courts Megan chooses.

He ran into the marriage quite quickly - and broke free from the Royal Family even quicker- I’d say sorting out his taxes is a full time job for someone; will be interesting to see if he applies for US citizenship too; again that will have unforeseen implications.

Harry would want to retain a good financial advisor so that he doesn’t expose himself if things go belly up on the marriage

They don’t strike me as a couple who will last the pace I’m afraid - there’s too much baggage and heartache in both their camps - it’s like they’re untied against the world in some form of defensive pact- doesn’t make for happiness in my book. All of this bitching and moaning can’t be healthy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Anyone know why the Wessexs didn't attend the pageant?

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

They were at an outdoor street party kinda thing in Windsor, I think.

Advertisement