Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could someone have hacked into my smart phone?

Options
  • 05-06-2022 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭

My sister sent me on a link on WhatsApp. It was a completely random thing of her to do, so seeing as it was her phone, I'm wondering if there's a small chance that she has somehow hacked into my phone when I clicked on the link. The only thing I can think of is that she might want to confirm that there's still nothing of personal of hers still on the phone. I know it's unlikely but it got me thinking how easy it would be to do in general.

The link appeared as:

https://fb.watch/fb_tP_2Nme/

I regretted clicking on it, and remembered what happened to Jeff Bezos when he was sent some WhatsApp link by some Saudi guy. It was some stupid thing claiming that Greta Thundberg was a hypocrite on climate action.

Post edited by Brid Hegarty on

Comments

Advertisement