Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭techman1

Who do you think will last the longest Putin or lukashenko? On paper you would day Putin however lukashenko is a wily operator he did not accede to Russian pressure to join the war early on. He is more like Franco getting as much as he can from Putin with the least commitment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I can see it happening very soon.

Putin has been dictating the terms of this war. Using the safety of Russian soil to launch missile and air attacks on Ukraine.

If Ukraine launches counter attacks on these sites. It's game over for Russia they'll have lost their advantage.

It's why Putin is getting ancy now at the thought of targets getting hit in Russia proper now with these new long range artillery coming in to Ukraine. Threatening death to American and European sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

I believe Putins thinking is that the launching of attacks on Russia from Ukraine would be a declaration of war by Ukraine.

Because as we all been told - Putins "special operation" isn't a war

So by Putins bizarre up his own end thinking - he's doing nothing wrong bombing the shite out of Ukraine from Russia and murdering Ukrainian civilians, but if the Ukrainians bomb Russia even if it's military sites responsible for bombing Ukraine - that's justification for anything Putin can come up with.

The fact that some other countries are playing along with Putins mind games is just one of the crazy parts of the illegal invasion, ethnic cleansing and destruction of a neighbouring country by Russias armed forces under Putin

Thing is this won't end until Putin is taken out. And that has to be sooner than later in view of the barbaric war crimes Putin is perpetrating against the Ukrainian people.

The neighbours wouldn't sit around and scratch their heads as the local thug repeatedly beat up the family next door and refuse to do anything because everyone is afraid of the local thug's big stick. And yet Putin not only able to do this, he has asshats like Macron who state that the local thug should not only get what he wants, but he shouldn't be embarrassed by others once he's finished beating up his neighbours, thrashing their house, taking their kids and a portion or all of the garden because he's decided its now all his.

Its not like despots haven't been taken out previously. If not by his own then its going have to be someone else imho.

Post edited by Mecanudo on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Yeah tit got tat response, bomb Russian then Kyiv will be levelled to show the Russian people a response

• Registered Users Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Which is all rather pathetic - we can do what we want to you but if you attack Russian soil you are declaring war and gives them any excuse to do what they want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Ukraine have already fired into Russia. They went after fuel depots in Belgorod and Bryansk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

Doesn't seem very likely that Ukraine would just randomly bomb Russian cities. There are plenty of targets inside their own borders, munitions are limited and there would be very little to gain. Targeting artillery sites or fuel depots - maybe, if they happen to be in range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Bizarrely you thing I’m posting contrarian opinions which given the topic could only mean that I’m pro Putin. Find one post we’re I’ve backed Putin or this war. You won’t cause there are none.

Just because I don’t post up other peoples Twitter feeds of tanks been blown up or outrage at the latest event doesn’t mean anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

This is a discussion board. People post up links to others Twitter feed or videos as discussion points. That's what it's for.

You labeling people as mercenaries because they thanked someone else's post is contrarian and childish to be honest.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭20silkcut

The posting of twitter articles, you tube videos, telegram feeds etc and discussing them is very interesting and what most people want to see here in this thread imho. There is nothing worse than two posters going over and back endlessly page after page arguing for the sake of arguing trying to have the last word.

When the thread gets real busy I just skip to the posts with Articles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It's just an opinion and you have one too. I understand why he does it just as I understand that geopolitics at times rarely squares with personal mores nor illusory views of what the world should be but it really does not make him nor anyone else who suggests it the bad guy. Not sure why you are linking to rest of this stuff, it's just a bunch of links to people who agree with you.

Except that they have shown that they won't let hm take Ukraine, he's pretty incapable of it anyway. How did respect ever come into this? It's looking to the peace and putting out that notion, however currently pointless that might be. Someone has to do it while others are busy shouting kill and no mercy.

So, what are you worried about, if they (and they doesn’t include France very much) won’t let Russia take Ukraine.

If Russia is humiliated by complete defeat in Ukraine, are you okay with that?

Diplomacy still holds out hope that Kim, Assad and others will eventually behave like other statesman. In Africa, China and to a lesser extent Russia are helping out countries and regimes that suit their worldview. This is a strategy they learnt from the US and the former colonisers.

They are under threat from a deranged Putin, not Russia and he's the first Russian/Soviet leader to ever do so. That threat is only in the big pile of nukes as their standard forces could probably be wiped out very quickly. Long term it is in Russia's interest to come to an arrangement.

I can’t see any Western weapons supplier being put off by Ukrainian military returning fire against Russian units firing from within Russia.

There is a risk Russia will claim a false flag destruction of a Civilian area and escalate the barbarity by destroying Kyiv… and they can. But, that’s up to the Ukrainians to risk… and there’s little to stop Russia claiming such false flag operation already.

Sure, what will happen will happen but I see nothing wrong with suggesting that an end could come about without that humiliation if Putin is so inclined. Someone has to give the impression that a civilised arrangement may be possible, however unlikely that is. As a military force they are pretty much toast, which is a humiliation in its own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Tell that to those who keep it engaging me as a pro putin sympathiser. Articles from Twitter during war times are propaganda, they are from the right side but there still propaganda nonetheless. If people are happy to try and out do each other in a race to post reports of the latest explosion andeath counts that’s fine but don’t cry outrage when someone posts something that actually might matter to how long this war continues.

Not the time for it. Putin is more likely (like all leaders) to give the auld diplomacy a try if they can clearly see defeat is likely. Macron’s actions delay that point, imo.

No, an interest in discussion and negotiations requires compromise diplomacy is what keeps the lines of communication open, sometimes to no avail. Macron is just stating an opinion and in light of the unknown condition of Putin's mind probably a sensible one. Peace is made between enemies and any half gesture that might encourage them to cease is worth pursuing.

Fair enough. I think it should always be there but we can agree to disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Giving the impression but all sides know that no one is currently interested in that impression.

Russia is acting in a way that is verging on an existential threat to Western Europe.

Whether it is humiliated or not is irrelevant, the most important strategic outcome for Europe is that it no longer has a functional army after this and that it cannot blockade the black sea.

At present absolutely nothing but even a token hint from the hated West might figure in his planning, is the thinking behind that Macron comment. In all probability it won't but IMO it still needs to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,907 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Putin needs a bloody nose and a broken leg. Because that is the only language he understands. He sees power and threads entirely different than the weewaa's on this thread.

The only way you slow someone like this down in future plans or goals is to make them think that they will be absolutely fckd up pursuing whatever it is the wanted.

He doesn't give a shite about treaties or handshakes .

Ukraine have given him the bloody nose. We are waiting on the broken leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭shivaz

1 General down,1Aircraft down,1Helicopter down,lots of chechens down on the streets of Severodonetsk,Russian invaders retreating back to the woods.They will come again this week but with nothing new or better.The tide is turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭zv2

Ukraine does not need to declare war on Russia. It can engage in special, super duper, hyper diplomacy with guns. That's not war is it? lol

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Isn't that the 'Neville Chamberlain' approach though? There should always be time for the sort of diplomacy you describe and many people made efforts before Feb 24th, including Macron.

But once Putin threw that away and crossed the Rubicon, he set in motion a set of events that will lead to his downfall one way or another. He's yesterdays man, Ukraine may suffer terribly but so will the Russian economy and their status in the world. He could end it all tomorrow by withdrawing completely from Ukraine territory and paying massive reparations but he'd be finished too in that scenario.

Attempting to allow Putin to save face now is just compounding one mistake with another.

Isn't that the 'Neville Chamberlain' approach though? There should always be time for the sort of diplomacy you describe and many people made efforts before Feb 24th, including Macron.

Chamberlain convinced himself that he was going to stop war. There was just a hope pre-February that it could have happened here. Still need to keep the phone lines open regardless of what's taking place in the war. Except of course if he is stupid enough the button, then he and Russia really are burnt toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

another sad day for Commanders all over Russia

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

Except for one thing- I showed how and where your "understanding" was faulty with regard to what Ukraine thinks of Macrons 'diplomacy' which you suggested aligned, where I showed in reality it clearly didn't and the fact that Macrons appeasement has been already well criticised by "geopolitical" experts. And I did so by providing links to both those points. And that has fcuk all to do with mud slinging at others whose opinion you class as "personal mores" or "illusory views"

Yes posters do indeed have different opinions. But you coming out with low grade shite like that indicates you believe that only your own opinion is worthy of consideration

The point made in my previous comment was that anyone can engage in that type of nonsense. But definitely expect others to call you out on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement