Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭RINO87

Indeed. Was sad to hear of his passing, didn't know he was ill. I was really enjoying the "Teilifís" stuff lately, and with the new album not long out was hoping they would pop up at some festival over the summer. Not to be.

R.I.P.

I’d actually heard Joni sing Molly Malone a while ago, but good old John has got it out of the archive, dusted it off and played it this evening. Her voice, whilst young as John says, holds all the promise of her later works. They way she introduces vibrato on the longer notes presages the future

And then, from her mid twenties, Both Sides Now, the evolution is so profound. I really, really love her music. Much of her music would be the soundtrack of my life.

And no, I’m not melancholic - yet!

Beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I recall Fiachna actually played it when he was sitting in for John a few weeks back. Nice version alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Oh the Doors. The unmistakable voice of Jim Morrison. Feckin brilliant

Good man John

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The piece of music that killed Dermot Morgan 😪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,995 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Shaft music.

The day before he died, he had to do that scene with Tommy Tiernan over and over because Tiernan kept laughing, Ardal O'Hanlon jokingly told him that he killed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,622 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

‘This Is The Day’ by The The!

Good call. :)

What's the story with that headache inducing ad with someone shouting Dancing in the Moonlight 😡

I remember him playing that Making Sand song a few times a while ago and then he forgot about it.

He's played it three nights in a row now (It's a nice song so I'm not complaining)

• Advertisement

Great song to finish on (You've got a friend by Carole King)

Nice shout out there to the late great Donal Broughan, the king of early morning weekend radio. Still so sadly missed all these years on. Knew he'd been active in a rock band alright.

Mind blown!

I always though the lyrics to Bowie’s ‘Young Americans’ went, ‘Do you remember/The Mason Dixon’, as in the Mason-Dixon line.

In that cover version John just played, it is ‘Do you remember/President Nixon’.

Either one works…that’s my excuse anyway! :D

Love the song he just played now (Juniper by Lisa Lamb)

Also The Cuckoo by Hem(?) is an excellent song.

Sad to hear of the passing of Dennis Cahill of The Gloaming (RIP).

Hopefully John will do a decent tribute tonight.

Jesus, Bono's young fella has a singing voice exactly like his Dad. Catchy tune.

Love that Pauline Scanlon song.

Love that Labi Siffre song!

Great bit of trad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭RINO87

That Wilco tune there just at 9 was great! Have not listened to them in a long time, must jump back in. Perfect guitar tone 🙂

Never knew that a bluegrass version of Karma Chameleon existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Christine Neville

'Young Americans' seems to be pretty much the only Bowie song he plays anyway. He plays 'This is Not America' as well. Seems to be only those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Christine Neville

I've kind of given up on Creedon. He definitely has his favourites. Morrissey, Dylan, War on Drugs. I'd certainly never play a Roxy Music song for example.

If you makes a request for anything outside his own liking, he'll just "I might be able to fit it in, but there's always tomorrow night". As if he'll even remember by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭jimmymack

He started a show with Rebel Rebel and Jean Genie a week or two ago

Any Colm Mac Con Iomaire tracks I've heard on any show on Radio One tend to be very good.

The Stranglers version of ‘Walk On By’.

Ah, It's a Sunday Morning by The Fuze, one of the great "lost" Irish rock classics. Haven't heard it in years, great track.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

Did Creedon play an Elton song Friday, giving that Elton was performing over the road from him? No, of course not; he wouldn't even consider it!

• Advertisement

Loving the new First Aid Kit single. :)

Advertisement