Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭glitterIsland

Do people here have predictions for this summer's weather? What do you think - will we get s heatwave like we did last summer?

I had plans made for next weekend to go out to the Aran Islands but the weather doesn't look promising so I might give it a miss until another weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

The weather will remain unsettled for the next 10 to 14 days with showers or longer spells of rain. It may begin to settle down end of June but this is in no way guaranteed (this is Ireland after all).

My hunch is that we will get at least a week of very warm and settled conditions sometime in July.

August is August and is usually very unsettled with the Atlantic in control.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Very similar to what I was thinking. Overall June could be the coolest month of the summer this year. MT has been suggesting that July and perhaps August will be mixed but warmer than average.

Looking at the CFS long range for what it's worth, things certainly get warmer for July with high pressure in control for a week or so and then the Atlantic onslaught for August. The Unsettled August is about as predictable as a mild to warm December.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Lovely day today in north Kildare/Dublin/Meath. Stunning blue sky, but we were lucky compared to many other parts. Still, it's notable that some prominent pessimists in the Dublin area who have been very vocal about bad weather over the past few days have said nothing about today's conditions. Kind of confirms my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Unfortunately didnt get great weather in Laois the past few days and it's being pretty cold to boot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Overcast today in Mayo but not cold. I suppose those in the east were due a bit of good weather due to us down here having sun the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

I’d still go if I were you. Aran islands are often dry when elsewhere is wet. I think you just have to keep going in ireland - if you were always waiting for a good forecast you’d never go anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

micro climate on the Aran islands

You often watch the rain on the mainland while its a lovely day out there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭appledrop

What a stunning morning here in NCD🌞

Just back from school walk and it is roasting, I could wear the summer dress without the coat at 8.30am!

Long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

People use this thread to vent at awful summer weather every year, big deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Billcarson

After the often binine conditions last winter I'd be surprised if we get a decent summer this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

Indeed or perhaps they were out enjoying the weather instead of using the 'boards' to inflate their ego. Just a thought.

Best weather of the year in Leitrim. Stunning morning. Blue skies and sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭appledrop

Summer has arrived in North County Dublin.

Look at the colour of that sea, sparkling turquoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Spot on along with yer man in the "Sunny south east" . So much misery

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TheGlossy

Absolutely sick of this weather I have to say. It's been raining and gloomy since January. I don't recall any previous year being this dark. What a misery. Dublin weather has been an absolute nightmare - very depressing. This time last year, it was already very warm and sunny. The worst part of it all is knowing that the closer you get to August, the less likely you are to experience any proper summer at this rate. I guess we're now paying the price for all that good weather we got in 2020.

January was lovely in Dublin I thought. Summer 2020 was atrocious.

Raining now in D5, was nice earlier though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

Another poor day in Tralee. Chilly and overcast, but dry at least.

Fabulous weather in Donegal since early Friday afternoon. Very warm and blue skies. Today was absolutely roasting- something like 23 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

After yesterday afternoon's respite normal service has resumed: dull, grey and damp with a horrible persistent drizzle falling. East Cork.

Post edited by namloc1980 on

• Advertisement

Lashing rain in Arklow now after a lovely day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

I found today quite pleasant in Tralee, was working outdoors in the countryside up until early afternoon, sunshine and cloud which increased as the day went on, couple of quick moving showers and the wind picked up , overcast but brightened up again this evening through broken cloud. Got up to 18.2C and currently 16.3C.

Great to see the W, NW and N doing well today.

Pic: Countryside lush with growth late this morning .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,646 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Third consecutive cracking day in North donegal. Glorious sunshine all day. Was still 20c at 6pm.

Think that's the end of it though, meant to rain tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TheGlossy

January was a bit of blur for me. Summer 2020 wasn't super warm, but March-June was very good, blue sky no rain at all for weeks and weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

Delighted to see you guys up there getting a good weather break and being the country's exception, weather wise, for the right reasons, for once. Enjoy! 🤩

Suns out in Arklow

Breezy and 15.5c

Not a bad morning at all so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

very heavy rain across north leinster this morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

At the moment there appears to be no end in sight to the unsettled conditions on the models. We entered a major pattern shift midway through May and this unsettled and relatively cool Atlantic driven pattern looks like persisting into July. Met Eireann's monthly forecast has updated to keeping the unsettled conditons going right into the first week of July.

However I still think we're in with a shot of drawing in some warmer air and maybe a few dry days towards the end of this month.

Like being in a storm in Dublin today, every time I look outside the weather is different too. Horrible. Back in London for a couple of weeks next week, thank f*ck. Lashing now. Feels like we were spared from rain for weeks at a time in recent times, in Dublin anyway, but it is almost daily now there's some kind of rainfall.

• Advertisement

Well summer was yesterday morning for Leitrim. 4 hours of glorious blue skies and sun.

Started raining about 10.00am. Still raining.

Advertisement