Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ukraine (Mod Note & Threadbanned Users in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

What? Any other charming publications we should read and heed?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SomewhereInTheMiddle

The worst part of this forum thread is that there's nobody who would admit the other's point of view - even when the facts/proof links were provided.

And now I see why: if you'd admit anything, someone like this ^^^ Dohn Joe would call you an "idiot" who haven't made his mind yet.

Fk, maaan! Do you think nobody here looks for the truth or learns anything? Seems that most active here are just a "coach political expert", who know everything and came to the right conclusions right from the coach before you say something.

"21st century political experts: we're investigating wars right from the coach!"

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭bobowen

"We have seen Russian troops dont care about the lives of civilians in Ukraine of any ethnicity. They have targeted civilian refuges deliberately."

Do you have evidence for this because I'm sure the UN could do with some since they currently have none. If you are referring to the residential apartments of Mariupol that were attacked the Asoz Battalion have been reported for War crimes for using residential buildings as human shields and not allowing residents to avail of humanitarian corridors. But much like your statements it cannot be proven until the UN investigate.

"Where did Ukraine sign an agreement that they would not join NATO?"

When the state of Ukraine was formed in 1990 after the collapse of communism, the document that allowed them to move away from observing the laws of the USSR to making their own laws was called the "Declaration of State Sovereignty of Ukraine".

In it the following commitment and declaration was made:

"The Ukrainian SSR solemnly declares its intention of becoming a permanently neutral state that does not participate in military blocs and adheres to three nuclear free principles: to accept, to produce and to purchase no nuclear weapons."

Couldn't be any clearer that it precludes the state from joining any military bloc. Particularly one like NATO. Here is the transcript of the declaration from the Ukrainian government website.

"Russia violated Budapest. Ukraine did not. That is established."

Just because you say something is established doesn't mean it is established. Socrates would be raging with you over that statement. The fact that there was a civil war for 8 years and the largest conflict in Europe in almost a century is happening right now is because this particular issue is completely subjective. I and countless other observers of the conflict believe the orchestrated coup of 2014 violated the constitution and earlier agreements for the neutrality of Ukraine therefore nullifying all agreements including the Declaration of State Sovereignty referenced above. You and most western narrative addicts think Russia have no rights over Ukraine despite the fact that they invented, owned and with this declaration basically gave it away. Its very subjective.

I am no liar my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

There’s a difference between ‘admitting’ a contrarian point of view, and accepting it.

I freely admit to your entitlement to hold and voice your point of view.

I’m equally entitled to hold it utterly worthless, and to ignore it or rebut it alike. Likewise any other poster.

For the rest of it…Nobody’s keeping you here, you know.

If it feels too much like an adverse echo chamber for your liking, feel free to jog on 😘

For now, your first couple of post made you worthy of my ignore list. Zero engagement with objective facts and truths put to you, means you’re either a professional contrarian, or just in here for s* and giggles, so not worth the time of day either way.

Ignore list on which you go as of now, so same difference in practice.

A little on-topic while I’m here: I’m told by a very reliable source that Millie Merc, donated by yours truly to the Ukrainian cause a couple months ago, is currently carting supplies in and ferrying refugee families out of Dnipro. If you come across a RHD (was silver, might have been khaki’d) W203 Merc saloon in pics, that’ll likely be her 👍🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Those are quotes from Russian politicians and other Russian figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,469 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It cannot be proven until the UN investigate. And Russia won't let the UN in. So nothing will ever be proven. Standard operating procedure for Russian war criminals as we have seen before.

It can't be proven because we won't let anyone in until we have destroyed the evidence and disposed of the witnesses.

Remind us, who shot down a civilian airliner? Russian operatives. Nonsense like this is what Russian propagandists like you were saying back then too.

Spare us the weasel words of a Russian propaganda mouthpiece.

Here is the WHO on Russian attacks on medical facilities:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-60866669

That document is not an international agreement. Ukraine was a colony of the USSR at the time. It has no standing.

Let us come back to your lies about the Budapest agreement.

Where did Ukraine violate the Budapest agreement? Where in the Budapest agreement did Ukraine promise to be neutral? What clause was violated? It is a lie.

The Budapest agreement was signed years before the Ukranian constitition was signed. To suggest what happened in the Maidan revolution to legitimately remove a corrupt Russian stooge as President has any bearing on the Budapest is completely without foundation.

Russia invented Ukraine? I think that says it all about your concept of morality as it applies to international politics. Sure why even bother with this pretence if you think you still 'own' it and can do with it as you please. There is more honesty in that statement than in any of the lies to justify the invasion.

What else can we expect from a Russian propaganda mouthpiece and their standard practice is lies, as you engage in repeatedly. "It is very subjective", yep the weasel words of someone trying to discredit objective truth.

No it isn't. Russia violated the Budapest agreements Ukraine did not.

I think Socrates would have something to say alright about Russia's relentless assault on truth and facts under Putin. You and countless others will believe whatever lies you are told to believe. That is obvious.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Have the Ukrainians not been proven to be lying a few times by now?..

And you still had lads here going "Well, I want to believe it.."

That "complete and utter shithole" has produced some of the greatest culture and art man has ever produced..

But you're probably not into that sort of thing..

• Advertisement

What are you talking about? Be specific

Also, why are you conspiracy theorists so fixated with supporting Putin? He leads a dystopian society, political opposition are poisoned with nerve agent, school-children report their teachers if they voice an opinion against the war, protesting is criminalized, independent journalism is criminalized, they have troll factories which pump out disinfo, they push propaganda on a national scale, the regime is literally everything that conspiracy theorists supposedly rail against, so why do you indirectly support that?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SomewhereInTheMiddle

I am so honoured to be on any of your lists, sir - it does me a favour. Because despite of the name of the list - I'll still be there.

Also flattered by how perspicacious you are about pro-writers and your ventriloquism from "horribly reliable sources".

Such a nice company which tends to put you into a list of conspirators or professional bots. Oh, I'm flattered to the core!.. 🤧

That ^^^ was a giggle. But I'm here not for that. At least was not going to till the last 3 lines.

But you are right - if I'm not in your format or I'm embarrassing you, don't stay long. Otherwise, your head will still ache from unusual format of information.

Anyway, nice to meet you. Thanks.

Well, like, they have hypersonic missiles..they frequently put satellites into space..

Do you think about what you're saying before saying it at all?..

And "All the things she said " is a masterpiece..

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭myfreespirit

And this makes russia not a sh!thole???

North Korea has very powerful rockets and nuclear weapons, though not quite yet at the stage of being able to launch satellites...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,532 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Listening to the BBC's Francis Scarr on RTE Drivetime this evening (the guy who monitors Russian TV for them) and he says things were relatively normal up until 2014. However, he adds the rhetoric very quickly changed after the invasion of Crimea and state TV started describing Ukrainians as "Nazis" and "bandits" and it's been pretty much a non stop hate fest for the last eight years - the public have been indoctrinated into hating on Ukraine and and accepting the genocide stuff.

So the numerous useful idiots in the West are just following the Kremlin narrative and repeating parrot fashion the regime's talking points.

They built that fantastic bridge to the territory they annexed. Oh, and developed hypersonic missiles, yes they are using them to attack another country, but that's a technological achievement.

Scientifically they've done excellent things with Polonium and Novichok. Culturally and politically, they've completely revitalized their Soviet past, T-72's, filtration camps and a lack of foreign components. Replete with self-imposed isolation from the free world.

As one (ex) Russian presenter commented, the public over there has been "zombified" by the Kremlin's propaganda.

Worth repeating, the resignation letter from Russian diplomat Boris Bondarev:

"My name is Boris Bondarev, in the MFA of Russia since 2002, since 2019 until now – Counsellor of the Russian Mission to the UN Office at Geneva.

For twenty years of my diplomatic career I have seen different turns of our foreign policy, but never have I been so ashamed of my country as on February 24 of this year. The aggressive war unleashed by Putin against Ukraine, and in fact against the entire Western world, is not only a crime against the Ukrainian people, but also, perhaps, the most serious crime against the people of Russia, with a bold letter Z crossing out all hopes and prospects for a prosperous free society in our country.

Those who conceived this war want only one thing – to remain in power forever, live in pompous tasteless palaces, sail on yachts comparable in tonnage and cost to the entire Russian Navy, enjoying unlimited power and complete impunity. To achieve that they are willing to sacrifice as many lives as it takes. Thousands of Russians and Ukrainians have already died just for this.

I regret to admit that over all these twenty years the level of lies and unprofessionalism in the work of the Foreign Ministry has been increasing all the time. However, in most recent years, this has become simply catastrophic. Instead of unbiased information, impartial analysis and sober forecasting, there are propaganda cliches in the spirit of Soviet newspapers of the 1930s. A system has been built that deceives itself.

Minister Lavrov is a good illustration of the degradation of this system. In 18 years, he went from a professional and educated intellectual, whom many colleagues held in such high esteem, to a person who constantly broadcasts conflicting statements and threatens the world (that is, Russia too) with nuclear weapons!

Today, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not about diplomacy. It is all about warmongering, lies and hatred. It serves interests of few, the very few people thus contributing to further isolation and degradation of my country. Russia no longer has allies, and there is no one to blame but its reckless and ill-conceived policy.

I studied to be a diplomat and have been a diplomat for twenty years. The Ministry has become my home and family. But I simply cannot any longer share in this bloody, witness and absolutely needless ignominy."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,532 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

And no alternative viewpoint is allowed of course. Anyone publicly suggesting that Russia was wrong to invade Crimea or all of Ukraine, or that eight years of genocide 'hasn't' taken place in the Donbass would be in huge trouble.

Ah..Russia has allies all over Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and South America..

They're probably all sh!tholes as well though..

Probably in some sort of sh1thole alliance or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

So, have you reported me yet for denying your facts? I hope you present your case well rather than sounding like a drunken lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,469 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

SO many allies it lost this UN vote by a two thirds majority...

UN General Assembly votes to suspend Russia from the Human Rights Council... Under the 2006 resolution that established the Council, the General Assembly can suspend a country from membership if it commits gross and systematic violations of human rights.

Russia, China, Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Vietnam, were among those who voted against. 

https://news.un.org/en/story/2022/04/1115782

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

As Biden once said "Come on maaan".

You keep shifting the argument. You called me a liar and demanded I show you proof of when Ukraine ever signed something that said that they would NOT join NATO.

I basically show you the passage (in the founding document of the state no less) where it explicitly states this. The earliest proof possible that they would not have been permitted to even exist as a country were it not for their commitment in this document to not join any military blocks and to always remain neutral due to their unique history, geography and ethnic diversity.

But instead of acknowledging this you start filibustering and making strawmen left right and centre and resuming your unfounded accusations of lies. You are now banging on about the malaysian airlines incident that has no relevance to the particular neutrality argument we started engaging about.

Not cool man. Not cool.

Right, I'll keep this simple

Do you support Putin's invasion of Ukraine?

Do you support Putin?

Hardly any worse than being a nazi sympathiser..

• Advertisement

Who is a Nazi sympathiser?

The questions still stand.

Advertisement