Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGCEi Education in Ireland

Options
  • 07-06-2022 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello,

I have been trying to get into Secondary Teaching for the past two years. I have an unrelated undergraduate but I have acquired teaching modules since to meet the minimum standard for a PME according to the Teaching Council.

As I’m finding it hard to find a place on the subject I am interested in studying I’ve contemplated going abroad (I.e. UK) to study a PGCE. I know a PGCE requires one year experience to be recognised by the TC back in Ireland. I’ve now noticed that Portobello Institute are now running a PGCE here in Ireland does anybody know if this would be an acceptable course by the TC? Would I still need to go to the UK for teaching experience as it’s awarded by a UK University? Appreciate the feedback and help on the matter 😊

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement