Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB App Authentication

• 18-05-2021 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have an issue, when they try and log in to the AIB online banking, and they need to authenticate in the app.
    The notification pops up for only about 1 second and dissapears before I can click it.

The only work around is to be logged into the AIB app already when I try to log into the online banking in which case it pops up inside the app, and I can click confirm. Not ideal, since I need to be already in the app beforehand.

The texts I've gotten recently seem to imply that I will soon need to confirm via the app for all online shopping. So I need to get this sorted soon. Does anyone know any solution?

I'm using Android on a Xiaomi Note 10.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Blisterman wrote: »
    Anyone else have an issue, when they try and log in to the AIB online banking, and they need to authenticate in the app.
    The notification pops up for only about 1 second and dissapears before I can click it.

The only work around is to be logged into the AIB app already when I try to log into the online banking in which case it pops up inside the app, and I can click confirm. Not ideal, since I need to be already in the app beforehand.

The texts I've gotten recently seem to imply that I will soon need to confirm via the app for all online shopping. So I need to get this sorted soon. Does anyone know any solution?

I'm using Android on a Xiaomi Note 10.

I don't have the App but do have a Card Reader. Most of the time I log in online without that but do need to log in using the Reader every 90 days.

For the online shopping I have a Password set up and then they sent a code via text to my mobile.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I had this issue and I rang their helpline and they talked me through uninstalling the app and resetting everything and that seemed to fix the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭joficeduns1

Myself and my gf have had the same happen to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Ya..with the past month or so .the AIb app has gone crazy slow to log on..in about 4 occasions it has requested to add an extra layer of security..now my old Samsung s7 actually goes into sleep mode for about 10 seconds and you have to unlock it again to get in..
    And that's even to press on the quick balance function..
    If you then progress to see account details it's another long wait...
    I suppose that's what we'll have to endure when there's only 3 banks in craggy island..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,048 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The 2 layer authentication and 3D Secure is a colossal pain in the ass.
    It does more harm than good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

App won't work at all currently.

p.s. Reinstalled it and it now works again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,837 ✭✭✭✭cormie

This is painful, half the time I need the app to pop up the notification, it doesnt, I then have to go through the payment process on whatever website again and hope it works next time, and it often doesn't either.

Seriously, the amount of time wasted with 2 step authentication, I'd rather take my chances without it at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭salonfire

Have the app open before you start the payment process.

It's not the bank's fault the operating systems on mobiles are killing apps from running in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,837 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I have the banking apps set to never sleep, so I would have thought this would be enough. I'll try opening the app before going through a check out process and see if it helps :)

Advertisement