Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawkins Wood, Greystones

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DonnieFrank

@Addy04 did you manage to secure a house? I gave my name in cancellations but didn't hear yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joy_jdk

Does anyone know if the builder is providing future proof attic trusses designed to assist in attic conversion? I saw it was there for few homes in Archers wood

@joy_jdk It depends on the house style. Which one was yours 3 or 4 Semi-D I mean the house type? Afaik 3 Semi-D one of the types should be convertible.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

It doesn’t appear they have. They seem to have used standard prefabricated trusses through out.

Only the end and mid terrace 3 bedroom houses in Archers Wood used the future proof attic trusses.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I see that the 3 beds have gone up by €20k since the previous phase. As they are over the €500k threshold the help to buy grand is not applicable so effectively they cost €50k more now than just a few months ago! Very nice homes but this is just getting completely out of hand.

I see the 4 beds are only €670k

I wonder how much the next phase will cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Greeny666

anyone know if air to water heating system is available in Hawkins wood?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cdn16

We are planning on installing our own domestic EV charge point and it is kind of a deal-breaker to know whether or not we can have night-saver meter. So, wondering if anyone knows if we can have a say in what kind of energy meter is being installed for the house…

thanks

I would expect that a smart meter would be an option (possibly the only option as these are new builds). I believe that day / night meters are being phased out. Zappi EV charge points allow users to avail of cheaper off peak rates and can be controlled via a smart phone app.

@Greeny666 don't think there is another phase of house after this. Just the apartments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Greeny666

@DonnieFrank thanks Donnie, yeah, 2 buildings for apartments are under construction now,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Not enough parking spaces in the estate for all the houses!!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

Or looking at it another way - too many cars/house.

Yes this is very annoying. It is clearly a consequence of the value of each site.

The developers trick is to have as many people as possible taking up the smallest footprint achievable. Result: houses are crammed together, homes that would have been across 2 floors in the past are now split across 3 floors, tiny or no gardens and nowhere to park your car.

Amazing that developers can do this and still achieve such high prices. I wonder how long this can continue?

Well people who buy here wont be able to park in neighbouring estates like Seabourne or Charlesland.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cdn16

Are you talking about the upcoming apartment blocks in the estate? Because, afaik, almost all houses have at least one parking space and most of the houses have two spots on their driveways. Did you check the site plans or with any of the EAs?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ARJn

Prices don't seem to be falling at all , new phase on archer woods(last week) started at 540k for mid-end terrace north facing 3 beds , I am guessing hawkins wood will follow the same trend

HTB is pretty much useless in most of dublin commuter towns

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rockmyworld88

the social housing is also very cramped to one side of the development and correct me if I am wrong ? The two blocks of apartments are all build to rent? With the council trying to secure the tenancies? I am surprised because usually it’s a requirement to spread the part v houses out evenly in a development. Shame also there are no solar panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

Does anyone remember on the first release/phase/viewing would all the houses/apartments have been snapped up by those who came to view on the first day/weekend of viewing? And whether some people ended up on a cancellation list or not?

• Advertisement
Advertisement