Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I doubt very much you are a scientist.

You've been caught out in many lies and not once have you attempted to challenge or counter the obviously false claims made by your fellow anyivaxxers like buzzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,990 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Most conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers I've come across are dishonest to the bone. One regular last year claimed to be a doctor. They use "questioning" to cast doubt on facts. It's not skepticism or science, it's denial.

We've had two years of pandemic, the average person knows how vaccines work, and what the limitations of these vaccines are against Covid. It's clear from your posts you have "trouble" understanding this. Okay, but I've seen posters explain stuff to you, in plain English, but incredibly you "don't get it".

So it's obvious you either have an understanding issue (which no one can solve) or you don't want to understand (which no one can help)

Also no one who genuinely seeking info comes to a conspiracy theory forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Since Israel is leader in vaccination most of the results of ongoing testing phase of various vaccines will come from there first.

Like latest one where they found 25% increase of cardiac arrest and acute coronary syndrome in fully vaccinated young adults. And no, covid can not be blamed for it...

"The main finding of this study concerns with increases of over 25% in both the number of CA calls and ACS calls of people in the 16–39 age group during the COVID-19 vaccination rollout in Israel (January–May, 2021), compared with the same period of time in prior years (2019 and 2020), as shown in Table 1. Moreover, there is a robust and statistically significant association between the weekly CA and ACS call counts, and the rates of 1st and 2nd vaccine doses administered to this age group. At the same time there is no observed statistically significant association between COVID-19 infection rates and the CA and ACS call counts."

""

Virus mutates.

Vaccines were more effective against variants (depending) e.g. during their trials they are much more effective (in terms of prevention) against the variants of the time (2020) rather than later variants like Omicron, for obvious reasons.

When the very first flu vaccine came out, they said it was effective, and it was. As the virus mutated and evolved, that effectiveness changed.

• Advertisement

Lol that's not what the paper says man.

Misrepresenting yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

It's all well and good saying this now since billions of doses have been administered. Are we going to say that pfizer didn't know that viruses mutate or that they made misleading claims from the beginning ?

Same claims carried and made by governments or that they also didn't know the virus mutates!

We both know the answer

What claims are you referring to?

Can you point to where the government said that the virus wasn't going to mutate?

Any comment on any of the misleading and false things claimed throughout this thread by conspiracy theorists?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Not that they claimed the virus wouldn't mutate.

Claims that vaccinated apart from "rare breakthrough cases" wouldn't catch the virus, vaccinated wouldn't transmit the virus etc.

As for what people said on the thread - I'm not interested. I'm talking about governments and big pharma and the claims they made that turned out to be false.

Lol another person not interested in discussing the conspiracy theories.

And again, those claims you're making have been made and abandoned previously on the thread when it was explained how it was conspiracy theorists taking things out of context and misrepresenting them.

Please provide an official statement that states directly

"wouldn't catch the virus, vaccinated wouldn't transmit the virus etc."

Pointing to one sentence in the middle of an interview that's been already pointed to here isn't going to cut it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

OK, go in. Produce the testing rates, and results from all African nations.

An increase of 3 in ICU in a population of 5m is somehow a sky rocketing spike. How do you compute that logic in your head. How many of the 3 were vaccinated?

You are heading into Buzz’s territory of seeing someone post something online and regurgitating it without the slightest bit of critical thinking or even the slightest though.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,596 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

there is no spike in hospitalisations either

we're down from 1,624 hospitalisations just 10 weeks ago to 271 today

we are absolutely NOT up 40% "week on week" as the rate shave been dropping sharply since that high of 10 weeks ago.

1 week ago we had 191 hospitalisations

1 week previous to that we had 191 hospitalisations

1 week previous to that we had 256 hospitalisations

so snowcat is just one more in the long line of LIARS from the CT side of this.

We develop vaccines for the virus we have. Not for all possible future variants. Medical technology has limits. So far these vaccines have reduced deaths by approx 90% on most variants, as treatment goes that's pretty good.

Virtually every vaccine statement I've ever read, even from the early days, is covered in disclaimers.

I've noticed on this forum there's a persistent fringe of individuals who systematically believe that "we were told" masks would stop the virus completely, that lockdowns would stop the virus completely, that vaccines would stop that virus completely. They cherry-pick some outdated vaccine blurb on a website and screech about it. They express a persistent belief they are being "scammed" by authorities or medical professionals or whatever. It's always the same.

It's not some big hidden secret, we know how effective vaccines are against current variants. Personally I'm quite impressed they've remained this effective. And anything can happen in the future.

I'm also expecting another wave of cases as people's immunity from all the winter cases starts to subside. If/when that happens, I also expect all the infantile foot-stampers to re-enter the thread, "BuT wE wEre TolD it wAs OveR". Calling it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How can you claim to be impresssed with Vaccines effectivness against current variants, the impact of the latest strain in mainly unvaxxed South Africa V's Portugal is quite stark, it again hints at a negative effect on the immune system, as for all the rest, we were told 2 weeks to flatten the curve a complete crock of ****, we were told the vaccines would stop it remember it was only the unvaccinated stopping us getting back to normal, as for masks the current emerging evidence is starting to support they're worse for you than no mask, more studies required but the Foegen effect seems plausable in Humans, it makes no sense to be breathing in pure covid your breathing out.

Your right to call what's going to happen in winter now, I hope it doesn't happen and if it does it's only a blip, i've no expectation it's over when it comes to loopy measures, i'm curious to see who'll be blamed though. The goverment have lost the dressing room so they may just do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

can you point to this 'emerging evidence' .... as for breathing in the covid that you already have in a mask .. that's a whole new realm of ridiculous thinking

Without pointing to any evidence can you see how it might be better to breathe in fresh air rather than the covid you've just exhaled.

you obviously do not understand the requirement for masks.

if you have a huge covid viral load... should you be allowed cough and splutter them all over other people in a public place??

so in other words - you don't have any evidence despite saying it and it's just you think something.

Why would you say this when you just said it's your opinion not evidence ?

as for masks the current emerging evidence is starting to support they're worse for you than no mask

I mentioned the name of the effect if you'd care to read the post again.

Where is the evidence to support your assumption constantly breathing in COVID while wearing a mask is harmless and has no bearing on infection progression?

I'm not one making any claims - you explicitly stated that 'emerging evidence' .... yet you can't seem to point to this evidence. So in other words you are making it up

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Thought of the day.. We are often told that the covid vaccines are both safe and effective..They can not possibly be safe when death is a side effect and they cannot possibly be effective when you can both catch and transmit the said virus

and yet....

229 ands 6856 posts later you STILL cannot point to anything that says the vaccines are neither safe nor effective.

If its so easy... then thats a huge failure on your part really.

You claimed it was ridiculous that breathing in COVID your actively exhaling might be bad for you. You have nothing to support it's a healthy practice.

So in other words your making it up.

I don't know what any of these individuals are talking about, I never came across any universal message that masks would stop Covid, that the first lockdown would completely eradicate it, that vaccines would completely stop infection or any of that.

I did come across a range of speculation. For example, there were some who believed that the first lockdown could end the pandemic, at the same time there were many who speculated there would be a second wave.

It would be bizarre to dive into that and extrapolate only "one message", pretend it was universally projected everywhere, and work themselves up into frothy indignation that we were all "scammed" somehow. But that's 99% of this thread.

Read back over what I said? I've made no claims apart from saying what you've said is nonsense and isn't backed up by any 'emerging evidence' as you claimed

How does your personal assumption become gospel while someone else's early evidence is ridiculous even though you can't produce anything to support your assumption..

The Foegen effect: A mechanism by which facemasks contribute to the COVID-19 case fatality rate

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35363218/

So how do you think it's good practice to keep inhaling COVID behind a mask, I'm genuinely curious as to how you have reached the conclusion it's harmless and to think anything else is ridiculous?

Conspiracy theorists:

Wearing masks does nothing, it doesn't even block the virus, which is harmless anyway, so I'm not sure why I'm giving out about the masks doing nothing.

Also Conspiracy theorists:

Wearing masks blocks them harmful Covid droplets, forcing you to re-breathe your infected breath back in, which is dangerous!!!!! It's much safer to exhale your infected breath and subject others to the possibility of contracting the virus, which is both harmful and completely safe at the same time!

And you lot claim it is the Government which are sending out mixed messages?

Where does it say in this research that you are using to back up your claim of 'emerging evidence' say that there was harm from breathing back in 'pure covid' (your own words)

• Advertisement

Right where it says "The cause of this trend is explained herein using the "Foegen effect" theory; that is, deep re-inhalation of hypercondensed droplets or pure virions caught in facemasks as droplets can worsen prognosis and might be linked to long-term effects of COVID-19 infection."

Now where is your evidence to say that's a ridiculous theory? You don't have any just admit it.

Advertisement