Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm not sure it's about being Italian, but rather the transition from Serie A to the Premier League, regardless of nationality. Goals in particularly seem much harder to come by in the Prem for strikers. Salah did it, but not too many others have over the past few years. For the same reason, I wouldn't be looking at Berardi as a solution though. Always looks a lot less potent for the national team too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Jorginho probably the best given his trophies and individual awards while in the league.

Granted he only moved to Italy as a teenager but I'd say he's been the most successful since Zola

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

This transfer talk nonsense is driving me insane. I had a dream Robertson was going to Bayern. I found that more upsetting that the Mane rumours tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Ravanelli had brilliant season in England. Benito Carbone was a folk hero at Wednesday and even Bradford too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nunez reports are gaining traction.

Might be contingent on Mane leaving I wonder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

85m wow seems like it could be happening. You'd imagine the club having been looking at him a while not just over a breakthrough season.

He looked brilliant against us, so strong, quick and good eye for goal. Type of player is just becoming so rare hence the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

He looks like a good player alright. From the little I've seen of him, and his low season history, I'm not convinced he is a club record signing transfer yet. Especially coming from a 'lower' league, albeit he did impress in the Champions League too.

But we should trust the recruitment team as they have plenty of credit in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Rumours we are going to smash our transfer fee to get this lad due to interest of other teams like we did with Diaz, I trust Klopp and the recruitment team, they know more than we do.... 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Joyce, Pearce, Maddock, King reporting about Nunez in the last hour or so

It's when this lot start to sing off the same hymn sheet is when I start to get excited about transfer rumours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

with City getting Haaland we need a top striker like prime Lewondowski or Kane to stay with them. Nunes seems to fit this bill with added potential to get better and spend his prime years with us. Let’s get him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

I think Nunez will be the business. Scores different kinds of goals, strong, quick, good finisher.

He will improve his all round game working under Matos, Ljinders and Klopp. If we sign this guy it will be fascinating to see how he compares with Haaland.

Would be a significant addition to our attacking arsenal to have an out and out number 9 to call upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I haven't seen all those but what I am seeing is that benfica are asking 100 million, nothing about Liverpool even making an offer, getting a bit ahead of ourselves here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mane, N Williams, Phillips and Ox all being sold will cover the Nunez fee.

Liverpool sell to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Minamino could be sold too.

I would also imagine if Nunez is signed there will be a tweek to the playing system.

A lot of reports this morning that loads of teams are looking at him for £17m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Another bid rejected for Mane. Sounds like the club are digging their heels in with their €50m valuation of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

Real Madrid are restricted on signing non-EU players

• Advertisement

Given the level of crosses we hit into the box, a taller forward could be a great asset to the team. I watched a compilation of Nunez goals, he scores alot of headers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I like the Nunez link.

he seems to have all the attributes. there is no point in pretending I know a massive amount about him, but he seems to fit the profile of player we would be after, and bar his theatrics against us, he was very intelligent, and a cool finisher.

i'm not a fan of the price tag if it's as high as £75-85m. to be honest, I don't think we'll do it for more than £55m, with the potential for add-ons.

i also think the price is probably contingent on us getting a good fee for Mané. as in, if we get £40m guaranteed for Mané, we'll be able to go as high as £55m (or maybe slightly more) for Nunez.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

If Nunez cost a net 45M that would rep huge value. Looks like United might blow their load to get him though.

What are Bayern doing, he's an absolute bargain for £40m.

Liverpool have rejected an improved offer of £23.5 million potentially rising to £30 million from Bayern Munich for Sadio Mane.

The Athletic understands that the second bid was swiftly rebuffed as Liverpool hold out for a guaranteed fee in excess of £40 million.

The new offer for Mane would only have reached £30 million if Bayern won the Champions League and the Senegal international clinched the Ballon d’Or in the next three seasons which Anfield officials regarded as laughable.

I wouldn't say Mané is a bargain necessarily at €50m (if that is our asking price). He'll be looking for a big wage and he is in his 30's now. The risk is that we have already seen the best of him and that he won't have much of a resale value at the end of his contract.

If the club can get £10m more than they paid for Mane after having him for 6 seasons in the prime of his career and winning everthing that is not bad going.

Does jota become the odd man out now at pool if nunez is signed? daiz plays on the left nunez plays down the middle and on the left and salah plays on the right so as jota plays down the middle on and on the left he now the fourth choice again firmino will be fifth then

Munich add on's were if Mane wins multiple Champions League's and Ballon d'Or's then they would pay an extra €2.5m on top of the transfer fee of €30m

I wouldn't see it that way. We need 5 good forwards that we can rely on to cover the number of games and injuries. They'll all get plenty of game time.

The real back up guys are the likes of Minamino and Origi who also play an important role in the squad (domestic cups and emergency cover basically).

• Advertisement

That's what I call a good problem and scenario to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Nunez has the same agent as Fabinho, Diogo Jota and Fabio Carvalho. Looks like this could be very much happening!

Some United fans already having a meltdown at the thought of losing out on him to is! 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Other than seeing Nunez play against us I haven't seen a whole lot of him but if the club are going all out for him then there must be something to say he'll work for us.

I'd imagine the fee will be around €80m with some of that being add-ons. With sales and extra funds from reaching the CL final I'd say there's a few bob in the kitty.

I wonder are we looking at switching to a 4-2-3-1 next season. Would allow is to play two of Hendo, Millie, Fabhino, Thiago or Nabby in the 2 (with Bellingham the ideal get next summer for the midfield imo). That would leave Diaz/Carvahlo for LW, Bobby/Carvahlo for AM, Salah/Elliot for RW and Nunez/Jota for the CF spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It’d have to be more of a 4-2-4 or the rarely seen 4-2-1-3 if we’re going to get the most out of Trent. I remember us playing a 4-2-3-1 a couple of seasons ago with Salah up top as a number 9. It worked pretty well and we looked solid defensively but it definitely hampered Trent a bit.

Having said that, if we can tweak the system to one where we’re less reliant on TAA while still allowing him enough freedom to work his magic, that could be the perfect balance. As others have pointed out, he’d relish the chance to send crosses into Nunez, but Jota making late runs from the left when he plays and Nunez drawing so much attention away from him would ramp up the danger levels even further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Nunez and VVD look kinda the same just play opposite ends of the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

is Paul Joyce a trustable source ??

seen on a facebook post that we offered £85million for Nunez and Paul Joyce was the source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

He's the best source and the only one worth listening to really for Liverpool transfer news but he's only said Benfica want £85m and Liverpool are interested in his Times article/tweets. I'm guessing the facebook post twisted his words to say Liverpool have bid that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Bayern must think they're playing FM, add-ons include paying extra if Mane wins the Ballon D'Or for each of the next 3 years.

But if it's "only" 2, then you get nada!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Blatantly stolen from Reddit... (great site)

His stats seem better than Mane, but obviously different league's so don't tell us much more than we already know, to be honest, I've only seen him when they played us....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Definitely looks like we're interested though based on Joyce's earlier tweet and this guy posted this

who also posted this just before we signed Alisson 4 years ago.

So I am now getting excited

I'd say its as good as done, there is usually a number of sources say we are interested in X player and then before you know it, its done.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Love your optimism, until he is shaking Klopps hand and has scarf above head at the Kop I don’t believe it. Nabil Fekir taught me that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

It'll be amazing if we get Nunez, I was sure we'd be outbid by United/Newcastle (as I only posted earlier ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Hopefully looking a bit like Andy Carroll is where the similarities end between the two players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i reallllly hope dortmund offer 40 mill for mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

While I like the idea of Nunez, sadio going is a bummer.

Our best player for the last six months.

I see Sangare who we have also been linked with from PSV has a €35m buyout clause for this summer.

Might not be a bad option for midfield at that price.

He's like a pure 6, defensive midfielder right? Be good to have cover for Fab but can he play in other areas of midfield?

I was thinking that we should not sell N Williams this summer unless it is a crazy mad offer.

Send him back to Fulham on loan and let him have regular games before the World Cup and see how he performs for Wales, I have a feeling he could be there standout player at the World Cup and that could add a lot of value to his transfer fee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement