Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Is it likely that they will switch over to USB-C ports in the car for the 2023 model? The USB-A looks a bit antiquated at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

You'll pay full whack for that I'd say as seai grant is against a car registration and address.

Surely public chargers use are a much cheaper option if onl to used once a month (its also a good excuse to get out of the house for a break 😃).

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

Yeah same for me. Once my Premium Plus company car was cancelled our lease company re-ordered the new version for Jan 2023 delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭John arse

How long does it take get paid from seai?,wallbox form going off today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

If I remember correctly I think it took about 6 weeks.

That was 4 years ago the process might have speeded up since.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Summer2020

It's honestly not that big a deal. You can buy tiny plug in usb-A to C adaptors for peanuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

How are ye finding tire wear so far. Coming up on 15k km now I'd say I'll get another 15k out of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Has anyone had trouble charging from home using the eo mini Pro 2? I had it installed about 6 weeks ago through Energia had no trouble but this evening wouldn't connect to the car for aome reason, blue light on the charger flashing on off? Went to my local esb charger no problem connecting so obviously something up at home, strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Flashing blue light means its not connected (Green means it is). Check app to see if scheduled charging is set set on the EO app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭fafy

It hasn’t, i got mine last year, and took at least 6 weeks. SEAI, have two speeds - slow & stop. Same for other grants i got from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

Posted Paperwork at end of March, money in account end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has anyone had issues with scheduled charging not working?

We plugged in at 6pm last night and the charge was due to start at 12.10 last night but it never kicked in and I had to manually start it at 5 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭dodzy

Folks, realistically, what are you guys paying per 100kms on electricity. I know it varies; just looking for a ballpark number.

Not sure yet on the Ioniq 5 as we only have it two weeks but it costs about €4.50 to charge my ID3 from 20-80% and I'm getting around 200km from that 60% which I'm happy with considering its lots of 2km journeys spread over the day. So even if I get 180KM from my charge it'll be 2.5c per km.

Our Karoq was doing similar trips and it was doing between 8-10l/100KM (much better on a longer journey though). At 8L that was around 625-650km from a tank and would cost around €90 to fill it (€1.80/l last time we filled it before trading it for the Ioniq). So if at the 650KM and the €90 to fill it was costing about 13.5c per km.

Either way we didn't buy either EV to actually save money on running costs. I bought the ID3 as it was similarly priced to an automatic golf at the time and we got the Ioniq to have a bigger car than the Karoq (got an excellent deal on it as well in fairness). They are far easier and more comfortable than any of our previous cars and both are a step up tech wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

A ballpark figure would be ~20kWh/100km(inc charging losses)

At ~10c/kWh for night rate electricity you are looking at ~€2/100km

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kuro2k

I am paying ,07 cent incl vat per kWh on night rate with Energia

We use approx 13-14 kWh per 100km so approx 1 EUR

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭dodzy

Thanks lads, that’s pretty unreal alright. Kcross, If I was you, I’d be skipping into Kuro’s place for an overnight charge 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I was also on 7c but they have all increased their rates since Apr/May.

Are you sure you are still paying 7c?

~10c is what the majority are offering now for night rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Superboost night rate between 2am and 5am maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes the missus has had a few problems, but lately all seems good. She's away today but will ask her later, but I think she stopped using the app to set up timer, now just using car.

The charging lights on car charge port all flash for a while when the set up is correct and the car is plugged in, so it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I've had this same issue occur for a few months, and with last few weeks the problem has gone away. Couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong or if I did something to resolve it without realising. One thing I did do was to set up the scheduling in the car itself rather than app and did that on both driver profiles. I think that after this I haven't had the same thing happen again. Could be worth trying.

Also had it set to charge at 12.10.

Yes I think she also starts at 00:10. I know she also had some problems with the clock not remembering the correct time, but that seems fine now. She also did an manual software update a while ago, not sure if that helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

Hey folks - had a bit of paint damage this morning on the wheel arch and body on a Cyber Grey Ioniq 5. Any chance anyone can recommend somewhere in Dublin to get it fixed? The sensor never went off and separately, the boot only half opened, so I'm not sure if there was an issue with the electrics. Either way, I need to get the paint fixed 😥 Any recommendations greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I don't have an EV yet but even at a 24hr rate of 25c/kWh, at 20kWh/100km that's €5. My Golf was doing 6.5L/100km which at 2.19/L is €14.23. My last fill 4 weeks ago was 1.89/L which is €12.34 so even with a normal petrol cost it's still more than double a crappy 24hr rate. Pretty decent savings to be made with an EV.

I see Energia have a smart plan that's 23.61c day, 24.74c peak, 18c night rate. Some day rates are 28c. I'm currently paying 25.xx 24hr rate with Electric Ireland. Most smart plans are shocking. One of them had a standing charge that was €100 more?

Smart meter plans are shockingly bad value, i got rid of mine last month and got a day/night meter. 20c day/10c night ex vat, with EI. Thanks to all the advice in here.

Saw those cheaper night boost rates, they are cheaper, but only for 2 to 3 hours, and who wants a washing machine on a full spin at 3am ?!! Definitely not for me, the night rate of 10c, for 9 hours per day, is a whole lot more flexible, and can charge even a 63 kw battery, for €6.30 ex vat.

I suppose it all depends on your mix and needs.

EI were 26% off when i signed up recently, but discount has gone up to 30 % since then, making this very compeditive day/night rates:

That's plus 13.5% isn't it?,much the same as my bord gais(-40%) 22c/11c approx.still not too bad.

• Advertisement

Just asked herself, only saw her for a few minutes before I had to go to work..

She says she turned off GPS time and Winter saving time on the clock menu which made things a bit more stable (Her words).

Also she imputs the schedule charging times every time she uses it (In the car) and then presses ok. It doesn't seem to reliably hold the preset times like her last classic Ioniq.

The last month or so scheduled charging has worked fine for her.

Advertisement