Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, studio task was terrible. Otherwise a decent episode though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ardal is great. Was kinda worried how he might come off but I'm enjoying that he's really getting into it.

Some of these out-take videos are worth watching. Ardal is funny again at the end of this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

*Judy does side eye*

• Registered Users Posts: 33,039 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This series is on fire!

Even if the tasks weren't all amazing...the dramatic conversation with yourself zzz.

But it is still terrific....Chris and his sausage game and Bridget "walking" my personal highlights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭appledrop

I thought tonight's episode was the weakest so far.

The final task was stupid, and none of other tasks really did it for me.

A meh episode but this series overall has been brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Not a great episode. I actually enjoyed the live task but the pre-recorded ones weren't great

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

The dramatic conversation will go down as one of the worst tasks ever.

Decent other than that. Sausage game and live task best bits for me.

But even the live task was heavily edited last night.

Very poor altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

They couldn't show use all the questions, the show would be on all night

• Advertisement

I didn't mind the dramatic conversation task. Wasn't great, but wasn't the worst either (certainly better than the task with Richard Herring and everyone acting the different parts and stuff....).

Thought it was still a fun episode. Each task had at least one brilliant take on the task, and the studio arguments were great.

The whole show is very heavily edited to be fair. Chris's sausage task would have been rubbish without all the slow mo shots

But that's what I mean, it didn't work as a task so had to edit it so much.

I thought Chris's sausage task was rubbish but my husband thought it was hilarious.

Decent enough episode tonight, live task was probably the highlight . Team task was kinda ****. Actually finding the team tasks this season to be poor enough

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Strange tasks this week. Uneventful prize task, weird tongue task, boring dress up task, and the phone someone you know who speaks Swedish bit has been done before.

Dunno if it's the current group or the fact that it's 13 series in now, but there seems to be little room for spontaneity or variety in interpreting the tasks.

I have to agree it was a pretty crap episode.

I don't think it's current groups fault as have been brilliant other weeks.

The tasks were just stupid, the tongue one was disgusting, couldn't even watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Nice to see Fred again!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Worst episode so far. Studio task was ok.

Prize task wasn't great and the task with Fred was only saved by Ardal but enjoyed the other tasks. Its an enjoyable season but Its nowhere near the levels of the other seasons like 4,5 and 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Greg and Alex seem to be really enjoying the guests this year. Alex in particular appears to find Ardal hilarious.

Champion of Champions 2 announced for 23rd June, which I guess is the week after the end of the current series.

Liza Tarbuck, Kerry Godliman, Lou Sanders, Ed Gamble & Richard Herring

Really enjoying this season tbh, Ardal's great and seems to build confidence.

Also it somehow left my mind that feckin Richard Herring managed to win his series. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tarbuck was even more of a distant memory..

Her whole series was a distant memory. Though she was far and away the best of that series.

That series' only memorable moment was the hook getting stuck in Tim Vine's epaulette, and that was an accident!

That and Liza Tarbuck making Alex sit bare-arsed on a cake are the only bits that really made me laugh.

It wasn't completely the contestants fault as some of the tasks were awful. Too many of them seemed to be the sort that are used as tiebreakers (which I think do often make it into the main show if one contestant does something particularly good, like Rhod not blinking for about 7 minutes), and others there was little interesting anyone could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

poor ep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just watching latest episode now. Its okay, nothing special.

I wonder does the lack of traffic in this thread reflect on the quality of the series or the general crappiness of boards since the new platform launched...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just finished the episode. Was quite awkward at the end when Judy didn't win. And not in a comical way...

Advertisement