Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cult of Stephen Kenny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,921 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I must say both Ukraine and Ireland have played much better in the 2nd half. Ireland just have no luck. Really should have had a goal by now lol.

Where is the referee from. I missed the start of the match. Was out.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Stephen Kelly is the absolute worst commentator ever....

Now take out the 2 L's from his surname and replace them with 2 N's and you have the absolute worst international manager out there.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Typical Kenny interview coming….. “I’m happy with the performance, we were unlucky, if one or two things went our way it’s a different game”

85 minutes in and we’ve had 3 shots on goal…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭Allinall

I doubt if you’ll hear Kenny saying anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Steve Staunton was a better Irish Manager than Stephen Kenny

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Browne falls off the pitch, Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Keano - would he take it? Now that would be intriguing if he did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Can't wait for Kennys excuses 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Let's call a spade a spade....Ukraine was the better team on the pitch.....deserved the win/ we played to our usual standard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

• Advertisement

What is Kenny's competitive record?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Well, at least some on here will be happy. Can’t imagine wishing Ireland to lose in any game.

Happens with the rugby as well.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Another Kenny classic! All this talk of playing good football and we only look like we can score through a set piece and Shane Duffy.

Meanwhile, Scotland playing with a bunch of bums comfortably beating Armenia while we lost!

Kenny, the total football guy, brings on James McLean when looking for a goal.

He's not for this level. He is not for this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Get him out ta ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭US3

We're probably out of Euro 2024 before the world Cup has even started.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Will that fix the floaty deadball that was allowed bounce unmolested past a flapping false claimant?

”What a delivery!” ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

So Kenny gets the sack…and then what?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,435 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The next manager will pick all the quality players that Kenny doesn't use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭amacca

But that's part of the problem....mc clean who spent most of his career taking a ball into trouble and getting dispossessed and/or hitting brutal crosses isn't out of the picture

He's actually still a viable sub due to workrate (and in fairness he knocked a couple of decent balls into the box from set pieces tonight) .... should tell you what we've got to work with too

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Competitive games 17 after tonight.

Won 2 - Luxembourg & Azerbaijan

Drew 6

Lost 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭DJB030244

Which one Robbie I hope , he’s a lucky type of guy, probably come in show them how to score a goal , get a Gary McKay moment ala Bulgaria and nobody will fault Claudine cheering on

either way The kenny experience isn’t working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

LMAO I love how bad we are. I used to care about this team many years ago but now I just laugh at how poor we are. We played to the max our of ability tonight. Kenny is a mediocre manager at best manager who is fitting of this mediocre at best team of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,349 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Dreadful rubbish

Errr... bring Trappatoni back?

What's this 'player of the match' about? Has Man of the match been cancelled because it's sexist?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,349 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Got to be careful. Hard to know what these lads identify as.

Not footballers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

It’s a hangover from the Saipan “incident” when Keane called McCarthy a crap manager and a crap man.

FIFA took note that the player who plays the best on the pitch may not be the best man on the pitch. They decided it was a more accurate “description” of what was really going on out there.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭magic17

Trappatoni, O'Neill and then McCarthy were essentially hounded out because of the style of football they played. The reality is these are experienced managers who knew full well the standard of player we have is abysmal and set us up to be difficult to beat. We had some success and were at least competitive at our level and made it to a few major tournaments.

International football is a results business. There's not enough time for Kenny to implement whatever style of play he's trying to when he has the players a handful of times a year. The players are also not capable of playing this way. His record is an utter embarrassment. Either he makes changes fast or he should be let go because this can't continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Has Kenny said Slava Ukraini yet 🤔😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭1992ChainGang

I don't mind Kenny but watching his interview with Tony on RTE here, god he's just so bad at giving interviews.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement