Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Note Post #1 - The 2022 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

• Registered Users Posts: 18,839 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Seems like flaky excuses to me and you are trying to deflect.Pubtalk.

You are part of the problem. I have gone/go to league matches home and away. Attended CP in league matches in bucketing rain. Even O Byrne cup challenge games.

I have even gone as a neutral to games around the country. I go to hurling Dublin matches as well. Minor - u20- ladies - club.

So I am well placed to comment on this issue.

To me you are either a GAA supporter or your not. Or just a distant GAA whinget

By the way the price for stand ticket Leinster football final was 35 Euro. You don’t even know the price of the match / you said 30 twice!

Stop making excuses you are just not that arsed to follow your county. And prefer moaning online with barstool stuff.

If you cared you would go simple as that. but you don’t. But cared enough to respond to my post instead. Says it all hurler on the ditch a touch of the online Seanie Johnston’s

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Ah aren't you great and I was talking about the price for this game not the Leinster final you absolute imbecile maybe try getting a very basic thing like that right before you talk down to others.

You just stay their giving out online while leaving it to others to actually support your county and your team. Good man yourself! Great supporter.

I'm engaging in a discussion on a discussion board not trying to parade myself as some sort of uber fan online like you are. You keep patting yourself on the back for following Dublin all over Drumcondra.

• Advertisement

Nothing with parading I am GAA supporter I go to games. That was my point. I enjoy the sports live games.

You on the other hand merely mainly enjoy giving out online about the GAA. That is the difference.

You go off to the bar and have your 5/6 pints out of your 30 Euro instead. Fair enough. But if you are too lazy to go and support your county. Don’t instead go and give flaky excuses ‘ reasons’ why.

it does not say much. Your the type of ‘GAA fan’ that annoys me. All mouth no action. Just a whiner.

Oh give it a rest will you I've travelled all over the country following Kildare you've travelled all over Drumcondra following Dublin and you want everyone to applaud you for it I mean you even went to games when it was raining!!!.

I've merely participated in a discussion on a discussion board where people were commenting on the ridiculousness of this game being in Croker and reasons for not going and you and the other Mayo eejit are out to parade what super GAA fans ye and ye're 70 year old parents are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭flasher0030

The only reason you've given for yourself is that the atmosphere in Croke Park will not be sufficient for your needs. Plenty of reasons for Mayo, Roscommon and Clare people not to be able to go. But unless you have to walk to Croke Park, those reasons don't apply to Kildare.

Is the reason that you won't support your county next Saturday - that the atmosphere in Croke Park will not be as good as down in the local where you knock back your pints and can whinge to anyone who will listen to you?

First of all I don't have to justify myself to you or any other uber spoofer second of all its part of the reason the cost and shite atmosphere and thirdly I'll watch it at home with my family if that's alright with you?

If the game was on in Tullamore with the minors I'd make the money stretch but I'm not prepared to in this instance and I'll take no lectures from you or the other Dublin eejit for it.

Put a lot better than I put it. If someone said travelling costs. Pricey to bring a gang of kids for the day etc. Then I would understand. No time or just watching on telly even.

But Jayus for a fella who is supposed to be interested in the Gaelic - using lack of atmosphere as an excuse/gripe not to go does not make any sense.

A supposed Gaelic football fans team fighting to stay in championship do or die match/pure knockout etc.

And people asking for pure championship knockout excitement. Yet @Fattybojangles answer is - nope not going no atmosphere. Baffling stuff.

• Advertisement

He he. You say you don't have to justify yourself, and then you go ahead and justify yourself.

It's an online forum - I can lecture you all I want. You've proved yourself to be a spoofer. An flaky armchair supporter. Nothing more to be said I guess. Hopefully the majority of Kildare fans don't take the same lazy approach that you do.

Anyway, I will enjoy the match - even if there's only 100 people there. Any day out in Croke Park is a fine day.

I clearly mentioned cost several times but I'm done with this now I'll leave you and the mayo fella to.pat yourselves on the heads about what super fans ye are.

Post edited by Fattybojangles on

Not a super fan. But try to make it to the matches whenever possible. I certainly don't ever recall thinking to myself that I won't go on account of a potential "lack of atmosphere".

How is cost an issue for you? It's €30 to get in and surely max €20 petrol. And you get a double header for value. Bring some sandwiches and a flask of tea, and you're sorted. Would cost the same if the match was at any other neutral venue. And you'll be at home around 9 for your barstool pints.

Has the money bank dried up from all of your trips to "Páirc Seán, Dr Hyde Park, Thurles, Dr Cullen Park, Tullamore, Navan, Breffni Park, Castlebar, Pearse Park, Porlaoise, Nowlan Park, Navan and many more besides"

Well I want a reason why you didn't go to those games so I can determine if they are acceptable to me.

My private finances are none of your concern but the money I would have to spend to go to this game is for me unjustifiable for 2 reasons things are tight enough at the moment and given what I expect to be a poor atmosphere is another reason now if you think that makes you a better gaa fan than me then so be it I'll leave you to revel in your superiority. Like I said if it were a double header I'd have made it stretch but I don't think that's a good enough reason to be labelled a whinger and barstooler by you two.

Now this will be my last word on this as we've taken the thread off on a tangent.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I had an awful feeling that when you said "you were done with this" that you were not done with this 🤣

Fair enough point but I'm definitely done now 😄.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,280 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Jesus this place has gone to hell.

A few weeks ago it was day after day of bickering over whose fault Meath's demise was, now it's days of bickering over Kildare fandom or lack thereof.

The sooner all that is left from Leinster in the championship is Dublin the better.

But I think that' the root cause is how underwhelming the championship has been thus far.

It would want to light up with some good quarter finals games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭HBC08

This last few pages are hilarious,culminating in this poster losing the ability to type because the rage is so strong!

Not a Clare supporter who's looking at a 6 hr round trip,not a belmullet man who's looking at a 8 hr round trip,a hefty diesel bill and arriving home at 2am but a kildare man being asked to spin 30 mins up the road.

You couldn't make it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

To be fair not all parts of Kildare are a half hour spin to Dublin but I agree the d1ck measuring contest of the last few pages has been tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

the deck measuring contest of the last few pages

New one on me, sounds like fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Same thing happens on the hurling thread every week between Tuesday and Friday.

Sometimes it's worth unfollowing midweek and off season when the loons come out to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Mayo can't be ruled out , massive experience of getting to major finals and losing

I like what I seen of Armagh

Time for rule changes to stamp out the basketball play and return to kickpassing

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,280 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

They can be ruled out as potential champions if were to meet Kerry or possibly Dublin at any stage.

They don't have the fire power or backs to deal with them.

They cannot be ruled out however if by some bizarre twist out fate that they never have to meet the above mentioned two.

They are well capable of beating any of the other 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

I think the real cause of all the bickering is because Tyrone are out very early this year.

its like watching a pack of dogs chase after the ball, once they get it they don’t know what to do with it! 😁😁

usually my own county are the punchbag and all criticism revolves back round, but sure don’t we all love it, it’s the blaggarding.

ye need us in the championship. We’ll be back next year with our tail between our legs!

(above obviously all tongue in cheek! 😜)

im predicting a non Kerry Sam. I think the dubs have a point to prove after the league and it was a false decline. They’re coming along nicely with all the star men back. Take Clifford out of that Kerry team and they’re awful ordinary. But he is the real deal.

Mayo are always there abouts! Enjoy it . There’ll be plenty of drama to come, early days yet but the football always gets crackers and shocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭HBC08

Mayo with a bit of momentum behind them and a slowly resolving injury crisis would put it up to Dublin or kerry in a sf or final (a qf would come too soon imo)

Mayo forwards getting a lot of grief from all corners,it's a major flaw in this Mayo team that middling teams like Monaghan and Galway can employ a basic blanket on tight provincial grounds and Mayo often struggle.Its harder to do that in Croke Park where Mayo have played their best football in the last decade.

The last game Mayo didn't face an all out blanket or sweepers was v Kildare in the league,Mayo scored 2-20 that day,2-18 from play.

Mayo are going to cut loose and always have a big game or two in them.My hope is they can beat kildare and avoid Dublin or kerry in the qf,then things will get interesting.

• Advertisement

I agree with this entirely Mayo walked through Kildare time and time again in Carrick that day and I really don't see why it would be any different in Croker on Saturday. Glenn Ryan seems to be completely incapable of coming up with a defensive plan as evidenced against both Westmeath and Dublin this year already.

I'd fancy them in a QF if they avoid Kerry and Dublin but if they do draw either I think they could catch them as both would have no real game and Mayo would be battle hardened coming in.

Advertisement