Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Fair play to you, you are one of the most determined posters I've ever seen. How you can still defend their every action in light of everything is quite astonishing. You keep it going!!!! Keep the dream alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

It seems like a very odd birthday party. The only photographs of guests are of the photographer with his wife and kids. There are no photos of party food or gifts. A cake that might or might not have been the birthday cake which may or may not have been made by Meghan. I could be wrong but weren't all the cousins kids in various parts of Britain with their parents so unavailable to attend? Was Archie even in Britain? Neither of the kids were seen at any of the events. It's almost like there was no party.

I don't think they had any choice but to come, I doubt they wanted to. Netflix wants their pound of flesh, they've got nothing else to sell. They came for content and left with nothing. They don't get invited to anything in America and they aren't wanted in Britain. It was beautifully handled. They were invited, they were made welcome but they were kept firmly out of the limelight. Now they have nothing to sell in America and nothing to return to Britain for.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

dispite everything? the everything is a mix of mountains out of moalhills, twisting and misinterpretation of stuff, crap from the daily mail who are on a constant sour grapes rager with a few conspiricy theories thrown into the mix.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

You’re fond of a bit of misinterpretation yourself…

I’m still waiting for a response to my message to you…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

No wonder, you are such a fan of them, if you base your assessment on what you've just mentioned, while simple common sense would suffice...

not a fan, but certainly feel a lot of sympathy for them having to deal with the crap that harry being royal brings them both, and i think there is a lot more truth to what they have both said about the RF then some would like to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

They seem to be making litigation their new career direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

ah, she's so cute (honestly meant, no child can choose their parents:). I like they both inherited Harries' red hair, red heads are the cutest.

But putting out the photo at this time, exactly after the jubilee, speaks volumes again...H&M acting again as expected, predictable to the point like everybody (except a few..) here would: catching the most attention they could and even worse but also as predicted: with using their child/children. I think we will see alot more pictures of them both in the near future...

I wonder can they keep up with all the claims they have running...😂

• Advertisement

It seems to be their way of making money! I wonder what the article was.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

I think all these high profile lawsuits are just a way of making headlines. Nobody cares about them. After the hatchet job on his own family he lost any respect people had for him. They're own family won't be alone with them for fear of being accused of something. All they've got are lies and false accusations. An aging z list actress and her husband who most Americans wouldn't have a clue about. We keep seeing hints that's she's going to run for election in America, not sure how she thinks that would work for her. Apart from her being seriously unlikable there's also the little matter of the huge war that Americans fought to get rid of the British Monarchy in America. I think little by little they'll fade into obscurity until she divorces him and makes more money on talk shows saying he was mad or physically abusive to her and the kids. Maybe she'll put out a book after the divorce claiming all sorts of nonsense. Either way it won't end well for either of them. But she'll always have the perma **** eating smug smile.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

'The Duke of Sussex’s libel claim against a newspaper publisher over an article about his legal case against the Home Office is due to have its first hearing on Thursday. (today)

He is suing Associated Newspapers Limited (ANL), publisher of the Mail on Sunday after the paper ran a story following a hearing in the duke’s separate claim over his security arrangements when he is in the UK.

The piece was published in February under the headline: “Exclusive: How Prince Harry tried to keep his legal fight with the government over police bodyguards a secret … then – just minutes after the story broke – his PR machine tried to put a positive spin on the dispute.”

At a preliminary hearing in London, Mr Justice Nicklin will be asked to determine the “natural and ordinary” meaning of the parts of the article in the claim.

The judge will also consider whether they are a statement of fact or opinion and whether they are defamatory in his decision, which is likely to be given in writing at a later date.'

In his written claim filed with the court, Harry said the reporting allegedly caused him “substantial hurt, embarrassment and distress which is continuing”.

The duke’s legal team has argued that the “natural and ordinary” meaning of the Mail on Sunday’s reporting includes that he “lied” about always being willing to pay for police protection in the UK and had “improperly and cynically tried to manipulate and confuse public opinion by authorising his ‘spin doctors’ to put out false and misleading statements”.

I wonder how can he claim to be worried about security when his wife opened down her car window while in London?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

And they both stuck their faces out at the window during Trooping The Colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think the poster is so much anti Royal-Britain that he has to defend these two. I don’t think he thinks they are fine n dandy in all this….an enemy of my enemy type posting

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I wonder have they came around to the Cambridge way of thinking - in that the lack of privacy is a necessary evil to be managed as a trade off for the life they choose to lead.

The Cambridges understand that if they give the press a photo or managed photo op of the kid(s) periodically on their terms that it's far better and safer overall for a few reasons - the press then have no argument that they 'need' to stalk the children out in public with their nanny and any paparazzi photos become less valuable because there are plenty of better photos out there of the child. When they were kids the paparazzi would take a few quick photos of Charles, Di and the boys on the ski slopes but also crucially not take further photos once they got the ones for their article - like Charles taking a piss in the trees or whatever.

After all, Archie is at the age where maybe going to nursery /kindergarten is looming, and soon, school. He will be a target for everything from the social climber mom-crowd to terrorists to school shooters. Not in a million years would I put my kid in a school in the US.

It points once more to the fact that if they wanted, they could live a private life, and not show their kids (you see plenty of celebrity family photos where the kid is blurred out due to the wishes of their parents) but that they are opting to selectively publish the kids images as and when they want to, following the Royal method despite all the claims that they wanted to move away from royal life so that they didn't have to show off their kids to the public.

It's just erased any authenticity to their claim that they wanted privacy for their family and that's the reason they stepped away from Royal life.

very good post. think most of it will come true. and as you wrote it down there with her running for election in the future...that was in the back of my mind when she visited Texas, but thought it's too unreal to write it down: she's behaving like she's the president, inside her head she's already the future president so that's why she felt she's obliged to go there and lay down the flowers in front of all the cameras...my goodness, can it get anymore surreal with this woman..but then, if somebody told us Donald Trump will be president of the United States 20-30 years ago, we would have laughed our a** off and thought what a nonsense...so yes, as funny and absurd it might sound now, it's in the realm of possibility...urrgh

“I think we will see alot more pictures of them both in the near future...”.

But not the one they really, really wanted. One of Lilli with Her Majesty or one of the future Kings.

Can't see that Charles or William will be giving them the time of day anytime soon. Possibly M and H will put something out closer to William's 40th this month.

• Advertisement

there was no hatchet job done on harry's family.

there is a lot more truth to what was said then not ultimately, i understand it's hard for people to come to terms with but realistically it is what it is and all at the centre of it will have to work it out between themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

You can hate the royal family AND not defend MeGain and Harry to the hilt. You are correct about some things though, there is a lot of twisting and embellishing of information out there. And yes people are making mountains out of some molehills. But don't forget where a lot of this started. In the Oprah interview. Where M&H(mainly M) made some huge cockups and were caught lying and mispresenting information to suit her own goals. Just based on that interview alone, that M&H set up themselves, they showed themselves to be scum.

think I wrote it before: why do you keep on feeding this poster with responses to their posts? doesn't make sense anymore, waste of time! keep your energy for something else better placed😀

they weren't actually caught lieing, rather what they said was interpreted incorrectly and then made into a lie by the people interpreting incorrectly, nor did they really misrepresent anything but rather were a little unclear but still it was easy to interpret what they were on about.

they only showed themselves to be scum to the outrage brigade, for the rest of us they are no more scum now then a blade of grass, just a pair of slightly naive celebrities.

Naive?! Really? LOL. M and H can be called many things but they are definitely not naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Oh I remember they said there was "concern" aired about how dark the kid of Meghan and Harry would be.

*takes a cursory look at their two kids*

Sure Jan. Concern my hole.

yes that's correct, there was concern raised over how dark any child would be, not known for definite as to who raised that concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

At least they were nice enough to confirm it wasn't Liz or Phil though. Everyone just presumed it must have been "do you still chuck spears at each other?" Phil. I'm still convinced that they didn't get the freebies they wanted and so out came the race card to smear the rest of them. They're both proven liars mind so using some inference then perhaps they were lying about that too but you won't countenance the merest possibility that proven liars would have been lying. In any case that interview was their event horizon in terms of any hope of actual reconciliation with the BRF beyond curt statements about being "much loved members of the family". Their freezing out during the Jubilee was verification.

ok, got it, everybody is enjoying the conversation with 'end of the road'...nice, but don't complain about it anymore, you guys make yourself unauthentic.

• Advertisement

realistically there was no race card or smeering, the concern over the child's skin color being raised highly likely happened.

they aren't actually proven liers really as no actual lie has proven to have taken place but simply people interpreting things incorrectly with the 2 of them not going into more depth then perhapse they should have.

Advertisement