Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Currently 12 degrees wet and windy in north east freakishly cold weather for June

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭appledrop

Fair play, no walk for us this morning drove to school, hopefully it will pick up later on so we can get out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Absolute Thunderstorm in Sligo at present. Lashing. Hope this is the cra p before the good part of day. After 2 should be OK but roads flooded right now.

I'll just pop this here to spread a little cheer and yes those are 26 and 27's from the 06z gfs on day 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

A real tropical style downpour here now in Kildare with very strong winds.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very warm and wet here in Meath, definitely a tropical feel in the air. If only the rain would clear and the sun to pop out it would feel very warm indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Nice afternoon now. Some broken cloud and a bit of that damned wind but nice overall. East Cork

Yes. It's been raining in Leitrim since last October so that's allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

Incorrect. We had sun a few days ago. It was on a morning. Monday if I recall. The local populace remember it well. Songs and poems have been written. Forever known as 'the grand morning so'

Ha, very good!

I'd say I've been in Leitrim about five times and the weather has been OK each time. I went to see John McGahern's grave in Aughawillan one day and the sun was splitting the rocks. In my head, it was going to be raining.

Beautiful part of the world but I think I'd struggle with the winters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

First 20c of the year in South Laois just a short while ago. It's the second latest twenty Celsius since recordings started in mid-2008 with the honour of latest twenty Celsius falling to 2015 when it took us until June 16th to get there. The earliest twenty was in 2011 when April 10th took the prize.

First actual 20c here in Arklow also of this year today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

I remember watching the coffin pass. Buried next to the mother. Not that far from his birthplace.

Anyhow rain has stopped and the sun is threatening the clouds. It may shine yet

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just got an 'alert' from my Netatmo reporting 21.0c atm in Greystones.

Meanwhile, in Crete, most exciting weather phenomenon in the past couple of days was spotting a lonely cloud! 27c atm. 32c expected tomorrow but there are some showers forecast for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

4pm met reports

Phoenix park 21 degrees

Oak park 21 degrees

Beautiful setting for a graveyard at the top of the hill. I met a member of the Leitrim '94 team there while in the graveyard, may have been the caretaker. He seemed utterly taken aback that I was from Cork, interested in McGahern and knew all about the Connacht final success of '94. In that order. We spoke for over an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Very strange considering the lack of below average temperatures this year so far - reminds me of 2014 in a way which was at least followed by a very decent June and July though both years are quite different from one another. Of course there have been cooler periods like the one we just had or late March/early April. They have been the exception rather than the dominance. Conversely in 2015, below average temperatures were more frequent than above average though not exceptionally so. Took until June 16th in 2015 at Dublin Airport here too. We fell short by 0.1C on May 8th this year with 19.9C. Hourly ob was 19.6C at 1600.

20.1C at 1700.

Post edited by sryanbruen on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

21C here in Meath, the warmest day of the year so far in several counties.

• Advertisement

Yup. Broke the 20°c mark here in Kildare for the first time this year. 21.2° in fact the high of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭sporina

whats the outlook for the summer? anyone know?

gorgeous mild evening

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Real warmth this evening after an abysmal start..

Today was truly a day of two halves. Unsettled this morning but warm rain and then a very warm afternoon with bags of sunshine. Temperature reached 22C in Dublin and the warmest day of the year so far. Temperatures reached 20 to 21C in many parts of Leinster and the midlands making today the warmest day for many places.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Lights flickering here(Belmullet) and power went off for a while earlier - rough night for mid June!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭appledrop

A beautiful sunny summers morning, but Jaysus the wind is still around.

I didn't get to enjoy weather yesterday evening as only got nice here about 4pm but I'll make up for it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Very gusty in the south east. Sun is in and out plenty of cloud around too. But the most noticeable thing is the wind it’s howling at times. Unfortunately i couldn’t describe it as a beautiful summers morning which for me would be blue skies unbroken sun shine gentle breeze and warm temps. But that’s the thing about weather everyone’s perceptions are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Met Eireann forecasting gusts up to near 70kmph later today for the Rathdrum area which is not insignificant with everything in full leaf. Really sick of the wind now it's been a near constant all month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Not sure what we are getting in Sligo today. Supposed to be wind and rain but wind and sun so far. Hate wind for running but love it for Strandhill and Mullaghmore as it blows your brains out like a rock concert!!

Advertisement