Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Never knew there would be so many conservatives and UKIP minded people on this thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Bizzare comment, Conservative and UKIP minded people, what in heavens name makes you think that 😳

A Swedish MP calling out MM virtue signalling nonsense 🙄

What's actually more alarming is MM , Leo and Simon Coveney trying to out do each other on the world stage , oblivious to the state of affairs at home, Beggar's belief really.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

First we have someone suggesting that we wait until SF get in and see what they do, now somebody deciding to query how many people on this thread may follow conservative or UKIP policies...

It's as though you are completely blind to any faults that our government has, even when somebody who has zero political interest or bias in Ireland points them out. 😅🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Its the usual, insult people or tie them to an organisation or group if they are in any way critical of government.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Maybe try googling the Swedish MEP and some of his previous statements RE immigration. I wouldn't count him criticising Ireland's immigration policies as the big win some of the usual rabble on here want it to be.

Previous gems from Weimers include:

• Build a border wall with Turkey to prevent immigration
    • Exporting asylum seekers back to Africa for processing (Priti Patel's Rwanda plan, 12 months before the Tories came up with it)

• Advertisement

I care less about his back ground , more about his comments about MM silly speech, furthermore, if a person (me) disagrees with MM , Leo and Coveneys grand standing and virtue signalling, does that equate to me being a Supporter of the Vile UKIP or being Conservative 🙄, utter nonsense.

I'm proudly Liberal and sick to the teeth of MM making wild assumptions on the world stage on my behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

He could have let them come in, put them in horrendous conditions in DPP centres for years

Indeed and reports today of DP situation getting worse, not ending, there's now 11600 in DP and I've lost count of Ukrainian refugees, 35k I believe. Also a report on how refugees are being treated differently.

MM talking out of his bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Googling the MEP that made a suggestion or offered some advice doesn't change that it was MM who is talking out the back side of his arse.

• Advertisement

Bizzare comment, Conservative and UKIP minded people, what in heavens name makes you think that 😳

Eh, maybe because that is where his political ideology lies, which is fine by the way, but I don't think many here would be fans of UKIP et al..... unless of course, they are giving FF or FG a bloody nose.

:) :D

No, just pointing out the hypocrisy of some posters who will clap one sort of ideology one day, while decrying it the next day.

At least be consistent, like!

more about his comments about MM silly speech

Exactly.

If Hitler himself said a bad word about FF or FG, the seals here would be clapping like mad yokes....

I'm proudly Liberal 

Then why are you supporting and parroting an MEP who has fairly Trumpian extreme views on immigration?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Far-right anti-immigrant MEP criticises Ireland for not being tough enough on immigrants.

Taking the line of "he's criticising a politician I don't like, so he must be right" doesn't speak particularly well for the back-slapping rabble that this thread has descended to

I'm still waiting for them to post a tweet or a clip from Nigel Farrage that takes aim at Leo or MM.... yet they will probably call themselves proud Irish Republicans... ROFL!

My god, Hitler being dragged into the discussion now, words escape me but of course desperationcan lead to desperate tactics.

Folks (2) who obsess about whataboutry can just as easily "Google" past comments from MM, Leo & Co and draw their own conclusions. Nice attempt though to try and Turn a quite appropriate response to a farcical speech made by our esteemed Taoiseach, who really needs to stop embarrassing himself and I might add Ireland.

#deflection 😏

Like how the opposition are supposedly both racist and all for open borders?

Or associating people with the far right, tories and Hitler if they agree on a point critical of government. ROTFL indeed. So if MM agrees with Sweden or your man on anything, he's far right too? Give over.

It's actually disgusting carry on but as I've said, desperation, etc etc

#deflection

So, I guess that's a yes, you favour harsher migration policies, but call yourself a liberal?

• Advertisement

Like how the opposition are supposedly both racist and all for open borders?

You tell us?

Or associating people with the far right, tories and Hitler if they agree on a point critical of government. ROTFL indeed. So if MM agrees with Sweden or your man on anything, he's far right too? Give over.

Nah, its you and others who are in favour of a guy who wants to build a wall between Europe and Turkey.

I'm actually in favour of common sense actually and am on record of supporting refugees EQUALLY, not the outrageous two tier system and blatantly discrimatory carry on this government is falling over itself to implement. I've also been to over 70 countries, some work, some travel and I've seen poverty that would make your head spin.

I'm also not in favour for the free for all that's going on. There's an excellent thread dedicated to the issues I refer too but before I leave this Topic, not only have I volunteered in a homeless charity, helped at the capuchin centre Dublin, but have also visited DP centres which are appalling (11,600 residents) as of today.

You won't succeed in lecturing me on migration policies .This government have managed some how to make an intolerable and appalling situation worse , have invited 35k refugees in with no checks or more importantly accommodation and pretend on the world stage they are brilliant when in fact they are overseeing a slow moving train wreck.

Some interesting articles today on Housing, DP and Refugees, go "Google it" None of them showing this government in a good light 😏

Thats the alternating claims from the government lads. A response to your claim of no consistency.

I've not said anything for or against his comments. You are very quick with your misplaced completely over the top defence. Its tired. Everyone is either putin or Hitler. Awful nonsense.

I'm actually in favour of common sense actually and am on record of supporting refugees EQUALLY, not the outrageous two tier system and blatantly discrimatory carry on this government is falling over itself to implement.

I'm also not in favour for the free for all that's going on

Ok, so you are not in favour of the free for all that's given to the Ukrainians but you want all refugees treated equally?

Does that mean you want to keep DP?

Do you you actually understand what common sense is as opposed to free for all , mother of God, are you really that blind as to what is going on in Ireland at the moment.

11600 already in Direct provision

10,000 homeless

35, 000 Ukranian refugees

0 Housing

0 infrastructure

0 Common Sense = FFGG

I won't get started on Healthcare, take a look at what's going on in the Mater 🙄

I believe we should take people in on a case by case basis and only if we can treat them decently if approved.

How does this relate to your calling everyone putin or Hitler if they share an opinion you don't like? One or two people agreed with a point a Swedish MEP made and you start calling people UKIP and Hitler ffs.

Refugees are not the problem,its the utter refusal of liberials in ffg to tax the rich and face down corporations properly........they are willing to throw 10s of billions at an army to join nato as their idology is failing(check out inflation rates),and now desperately need militaristation to underpin it for an over egged enemy,for anyone with interest in international pol/idology history,the parralels with communism of late 70s/early to mid 80s is near identical

Never forget,theres more than enough money to feed everyone,only the rich cant be satisfied

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Not very pretty spat between FG and Greens on RTE over FG trying to relax climate targets at the EU. 'You scuppered the legislation' Grace O Sullivan (Greens) accuses Sean Kelly FG

• Advertisement

Indeed, as I've said I support helping refugees but my god this governments polices on the entire refugee situation is just extraordinaryly bad, actually shameful

Advertisement