Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to SFF build in NR200P

Options
  • 09-06-2022 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hey all, looking for some advice here. Currently running a 3600 and 5600XT in an old Nanoxia Deep Silence Two. Was only planning on upgrading the graphics card and case but taken a fancy to the NR200P so looking at replacing a good bit more now.

Main use is gaming on 1440p @165hz. I primarily play Destiny 2, EFT, CSGO. Also play things like Elden Ring, Forza, playing through Sniper Elite atm etc...

Planning on using RAM (2x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz), m2 drive and SSD from current build

Just thrown the parts in there for now, not tied to AMD. Happy to take advise on where to better re-direct budget:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/phkxfv

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor (€303.37 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard (€183.68 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB GAMING OC Video Card (€999.01 @ Galaxus) 

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR200P Mini ITX Desktop Case (€79.90 @ Alza) 

Power Supply: Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply (€144.10 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Total: €1710.06

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-09 17:27 CEST+0200

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/jP8fpH

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor (€294.08 @ Amazon Deutschland)

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black CPU Cooler (€39.94 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard (€218.78 @ Computeruniverse)

Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 10GB LHR 10 GB VENTUS 3X PLUS Video Card (€884.99 @ Caseking)

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR200P Mini ITX Desktop Case (€82.39 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Power Supply: Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply (€144.10 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 Slim PWM PST 41.1 CFM 120 mm Fan (€8.24 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 Slim PWM PST 41.1 CFM 120 mm Fan (€8.24 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Total: €1680.76

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-09 18:15 CEST+0200

I would go with an RTX 3080 or 6800 XT.

The 6900 XT has been known to spike above 600W which would be hard on a 750W Platinum. Also it's only a little faster than either of those 2.

Also change CPU to Ryzen 7 5700X or Ryzen 5 5600, as they run cooler than the 5800X/5600X for no noticeable loss.

Motherboard, change to Asus STRIX B550-I - I've been running one happily for months while my mate (with an NR200 too) has been frustrated to hell by his Gigabyte board.

Also adding 2x 15mm fans for the GPU intake. Noctua A12x15 would be the pricier option. Maybe consider an additional 92mm exhaust.

Noticed you didn't have a CPU cooler so added a be quiet 120mm model.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Thanks for this. I must of pasted over the CPU cooler, I was going to pick up a Scythe FUMA 2 from elsewhere but I'll do a bit of research on the CPU coolers.

For the case fans is it just to add the 2 intakes directly under the GPU?

Scythe Fuma 2 rev. B would be the best option, though Pure Rock 2 is probably enough - and slightly less cumbersome in an ITX enclosure.

Yes, 2x intakes under the GPU - the Arctic fans have PWM-sharing header (PST) though a small PWM-splitter/hub for top + bottom fans wouldn't go amiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

how do you find the active VRM fan on the strix? have read it can be annoying with fan noise

I've never noticed it, don't even know if they've ever kicked in. I also have an active VRM fan from my Arctic Liquid Freezer that is likewise inaudible.

• Advertisement

Didn't know that about the STRIX, guess that just leaves MSI & ASRock (and I don't like recommending ASRock). Though a shorter tower, or top-blow would probably be sufficient in that case.

With regards to the Tecware Fusion/Sama IM-01 it is being sold in Europe as Krux Naos; the only shop I've seen that will deliver to Ireland is Wasserman.eu <here>. Quick TrustPilot search seems they're legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

I think it's just the Gigabyte board that has that issue from research. STRIX seems to be okay with it's CPU socket placement. I ordered earlier today so I stuck with the NR200 since I had my heart set on a white case. Got the FUMA 2 Rev 2 as well so I'll see if it squeezes in.

For airflow I'll configure the CPU cooler as intake from the back, the two Artics as intake below the GPU and exhaust everything at the top. I'll play around with it anyway to see what works/doesn't work for thermals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

There are a few more re-branded IM-01s floating around

NOX HUMMER VAULT - https://www.amazon.co.uk/NOX-HUMMER-BLASTER-NXHUMMERBLASTER-Semi-Tower/dp/B0924733ZZ

Inter-tech IM-1 (pricy) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micro-Tower-Inter-Tech-Pocket-schwarz-Netzteil/dp/B097C6X4QD/

Itek EVOKE - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07L8Y48RM/

I got an Itek one back in May but is out of stock atm. Managed to fit an matx board and a fullsize non-modular atx psu in it.

Advertisement