Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cromelex

We've finally picked up hours on Thursday and we're absolutely loving it. It's ridiculous how good it is. The amount of driving and safety assists it has makes it really so much easier to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

What service interval are people being told, I believe the manual states 25K Km or 24 months but my garage put the next service at 15k Km or in 12 months.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Colleague in work called into local dealer in Naas and was told if ordering now it would be July 2023 & they were only accepting orders from people in local area.

Earth model only too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

They said the same to me but didn't quote a price. Main issue is the tyres give the weight of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone here driving the Blue EV6 into Ferns this morning? Lovely car and great presence on the road from behind.

I drove up the road behind you in our new Ioniq 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Congrats!

Earth model?

Colour?

When did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cromelex

Earth Model in Gravity Blue. This was ordered around Christmas and it actually arrived over a month ago, but the dealer was holding it for us as we were closing on a house at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Looks like the GT Line is not available anymore to order ... What are people with cars on order now that the 2k increase on the earth model will likely push the GT line over the 60k threshold for the 5k grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

I hope for those with GT Line orders that the dealers honour the €60k price (before grant), it would be a shame for those to miss out on essentially an €7k increase in cost. Different story of you're a business buyer as the price paid only jumps €2k. GT Lines set to be pretty rare in Ireland, maybe only a few hundred In total.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 malfunction99

I had a problem with my Ev6 in that the Kia Connect app could not connect to the car. As it lasted for over a week, I contacted Kia Support who replied with the following information which may be useful to others. FYI my issue corrected itself the day before the reply so I have not tried it.

"Many thanks for contacting the Connected Car Team.

If the signal to the Telematics unit drops and cannot be re-established after a few attempts, the unit will stop looking to reconnect. If you press the pinhole switch located beside the volume/control knob on the audio/AC control keyboard for 2 seconds, it will reboot the telematics unit and re-establish network connection.

Many thanks

The Connected Car Team"

• Advertisement

Did the mat update yesterday, first since getting the car. Solved the pre heat issue. I notice that for heating it's completely different vents.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Looks like Viking Amber is due to arrive into Cork on the 19th of July. Christmas come early for a few I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

I'd be really pissed.. copied from EV6 Facebook group.

“ Feeling very annoyed with Kia Ireland today.

We ordered EV6 GT line last November from Kia dealer, negotiated a deal, and paid deposit etc, knowing delivery would be Mar - Jun 22. 

We’ve chased dealer on a regular basis, who couldn’t give us a delivery date, until a phone call today.

The dealer now says he cant supply EV6 GT line in Ireland, as Kia Ireland have decided not to import this model any longer. The reason offered is the cost of production now puts the retail price of €60k, which is over the threshold for irish government subsidy on electric cars. 

My gripe is the dealer, and in turn Kia, made a deal last November, which they are now reneging on! 

Extremely poor form and bad customer service/experience. 👎“

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

It's not just Kia - all manufacturers have prepared their dealer networks to let customers know up front that NOTHING is guaranteed until you get the damn vehicle in your mitts.

Bad form I agree, and suspect there will be sneaky price rises and trim changes across all the brands in the 6 months ahead.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Function of global energy crisis (costs) and supply chain constraints, I feel your pain but nothing exclusive to Kia unfortunately

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DieterDicht

All muck and very unprofessional.

Ordered GT Line in December 21 and now nothing. I have no problem with the increase. I have a problem that I waited 6 month for a car and now I am back to 0 and have to wait again. I could have used the time to order another car. As I am German, this is the issue with being an extremely small market. You just do not count.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pphil

@malfunction99 .

Thanks for sharing. I've had an ongoing issue where the Connect app basically won't open when I am not connected to WiFi. I tried the unit reboot option, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but nothing doing. Has anyone else seen this, or is there some 'RTFM' mobile network option I need to enable? Thanks, appreciate the help.

Post edited by pphil on

Erm, I follow other forums, in the states dealerships are simple doubling the cost of in stock cars. This has little to do with Market size, in DE you should have had more cars, but more competition for those cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

I think he may have a point around how kia have treated customers in Ireland as they have not pulled the GT line from the UK (still on kia.co.uk site but removed from kia.ie) - that said, lead times are going to be the same for the UK customers - i.e. 2023

The GT Line UK was always outside their grant range. The issue here is that it's a 7k jump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Need some help from tech geeks! I have recently upgraded mobile phone to Samsung Ultra 21 and my KIA Konnect app stopped working on mobile network. Works perfectly fine on wifi. All other aps including internet etc work fine on mobile network, just KIA App stopped responding, error message Im getting is "Network error. Please try again later. Please contact your service partner if problem persists."

I have been on to KIA with this issue, all they could advise was to reset infotainment console with pin hole reset button. That did not resolve the issue. I have been onto mobile network provider, they suggested to apply for new sim card. Sim card replaced, still no luck. Access point settings on mobile are correct as all other network applications working fine. Could it be related to some firewall issues? Any one knows?

Did you uninstall and reinstall the Kia app on your phone?

I'm sure you have, you just didn't mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

I wonder if KIA Europe will align the trim levels between UK and Ireland, make them the both 3 trims as in the UK at present. Get the first 2 trim lines under the 60K grant SEAI level, want all the toys for the top trim then pay for it. Would make the process for KIA in Korea simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pphil

I'm having exactly the same issue, haven't been able to resolve it. I tried all the same steps, and don't see anything in the links posted that worked unfortunately. Will keep you posted if I find a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Spoke to the KIA guy at their stand at Bloom last friday and told him that i was looking to order the GT but no longer taking order and what was going on - he said they are looking to re-introduce next year but tweak the trim levels options so that it comes back under the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

• Registered Users Posts: 10 malfunction99

The reality is that the 60K cap for the SEIA grant is too low with inflation hitting 12.7% in the motor industry. (See yesterday's article on RTE titled "Price shock: Why car prices are being driven higher")

Therefore the government needs to adjust it accordingly and make it closer to 70K, which will still achieve its goal of not providing the grant to the luxury end of the market. We can but hope.

• Advertisement

Not sure it's morally right to sub 70K cars. At that price point the grant makes no difference to you going electric just which trim line you're going with. The GT Line most definitely is a luxury car. A few minor safety features improvement compared to the base, but everything else is pure discretionary. If anything grants should be lowered as base model EVs are coming in these days well below grant.

Advertisement