Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭launish116

Indeed! Hopefully some decent rotation now! Moore could hit a new gear if he isn’t flogged!

definitely not what I was expecting! Now for loosehead and we have a squad! Bar blindside!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I think Moore should be in the international squad! It's a good signing. Nice depth to have. You'd think that EOS and Warwick will continue as the main looseheads. Finding another quality lad will be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Ulster confirming on Instagram that that's that for the senior squad.

No new LH coming in seemingly. Curtis still on the books, as is Declan Moore apparently - new senior players are Sean Reffell, Shea O'Brien, Frank Bradshaw Ryan, Jake Flannery, Jeffery Toomaga-Allen and Jude Postlethwaite.

Wouldn't it be something if FBR plays great and gets himself into the Ireland squad!

Gilroy & Jones got extended by looks of it!

• Advertisement

Absolutely delighted with the score. Very good effort. I don't know if Ulster were that good or if Munster are shyte?

The class differences between the back kines is insane. Munster are as usual, crap and Ulster looked fluid and capable of scoring from anywhere.

Imagine that asshat VanGrann drew a salary for 5 seasons. MacFarland has added to Ulster, they are playing well and can beat anyone on their day!

Ulster players, while not grabbing the headlines, are very, very good. Sure, they have off days, like everyone but, I think they have a real chance to win this tournament.

Thought Henderson was exceptional last night, by far the most stand out performance on the pitch. Baloucoune best back 3 on the pitch - needs more time in green.

Hume / McCloskey well outshone their counterparts in red - no comparison at all. I though Herring went very well as did Burns.

Am I right in saying ye will play the winners of Stormers v Edinburgh?

Yeah. Stormers in SA unless there's an upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Ulster were very good. They played with a lot of accuracy and physicality.

It was clear early on though that Munster were off it a bit. But some of that will be down to Ulster. Ulster capitalised well.

I'm a bit disappointed that at 36-12 we didn't kick on and put 50 on them as that would have been a statement. But to be fair Munster are too proud a team to let that happen.

Henderson, Timoney, Burns, McCloskey, Hume and the entire back three were excellent.

• Advertisement

Is Warwick going to make the sf? With Moore out, it is already a tough ask.

Warwick has been great recently! I reckon he's worth a look for Ireland!

Apparently we've no new injury issues, so Warwick is available I presume.

I hope so! But. Moore is out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

It's why they signed Toomaga-Allen. He's been stood down with concussion issues.

Lowry has had surgery so guess that's his season over?

Is Murphy injured? would prefer him to Rea Snr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

No sign of Stormers vs Ulster match being live on Premier Sports. Nations League seems to be taking precedence.

No, he's been signed because Kane is off - don't think he's arriving til next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

Well, hopefully for Moore's sake you're right, but signing a capped All Black to be third choice and not feature much doesn't sound very likely to me.

It's only a year's contract.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

According to the (in all fairness - absolutely brilliant) rugbykickoff.com it's on premier and RTE

https://www.rugbykickoff.com/game/stormers_ulster_2022-06-11/

Bloody hell.

You'd never think from this thread that we were in a winnable semi-final on Saturday.

Calm before the storm! Other than Loosehead & Bench expect the same team!

In other news really don't understand why the IRFU couldn't allow us to sign a loosehead prop from England for the year as well, especially with the mass cut their league is having.

I think Warwick is back.

What is very evident is the miscalculation shown in giving Carter an extension. Here we are at the sharp end of the season, and one of our precious NIE slots is taken by a player who can't get in the bench.

Actually surprised his contract hasn't been terminated.

Really think Ulster need to take a new approach next season to rotation and not flogging positions, cause we're far to over reliant in certain positions and need our 3rd choice players to up their game. Our bench continues to be a let down.

Roughly what are our third choices in every position?

Reid / Moore or Stewart / Toomaga-Allen

two of Carter / Izzy / Bradshaw-Ryan / Sheridan

Rea sr / Jones? McCann? Murphy?

Shanahan

Madigan (assuming Flannery becomes second)

The outside backs is harder to tell - is Moore ahead of Marshall? But you're looking at Curtis, Postlethwaite, Sexton, Gilroy, O'Brien anyway. maybe Lyttle spending on how Stockdale comes back.

Ulster should have kept Kearney, imo. Carter is fairly useless, imo. He won't get much playing time next season. He's way behind Teadwell and AOC! Izzy will hopefully be healthy and make a push. FBR could be a good signing!

Agreed. And I hope to see Sheridan Mae his competitive debut as well.

Issue is Ulster only parachute 3rd choice players in when they have no real option and that is not sustainable! Warwick/Moore/O'Connor/Timoney have been flogged!

• Advertisement

Not wrong. However, there's new players coming in in all their positions except Warwick's. Hopefully we see some returns from that.

I think Flannery could be a very important signing.

Advertisement