Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Had a blissful day of a late lie in, met some friends for lunch in the sun, a few beers and just had a delicious eggplant Parmesan and more beer and am playing monopoly deal with my favourite barman and chef in the best bar.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Enjoying a non-alcoholic cocktail in the beautiful retro chic Devlin Hotel in Ranelagh with my OH, after finally getting around to watching the new Downton Abbey film in the Stella cinema in the hotel.

Listening to modern jazz being played live by a band. Life is good! 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

Just finished an Indian meal in Tarragona..it was lovely..

But I have this naggi g thought that I have to get to the train station early for the train to Alicante....bad planning by me.

There again 1st world complaint !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Gremlinertia How are you feeling ?

Breakfast time for me, I’m moving again, southbound :):)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@thomil another one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭thomil

Okay, THAT one is a bit more challenging. I’ve definitely seen this airport before, it’s in Africa for sure. The infrastructure looks pretty well designed and developed, which rules out some of the more “interesting” countries on the continent. No trace of a large foreign military presence either, which means that we’re looking at a country with a relatively stable political & social system. I’d say we’re looking at Gaborone, Botswana? It’s either that or Lusaka, Zambia.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Wow, guess 2 is right. Was supposed to be in Gaborone today but plans changed. Lazy weekend further south, more fun to follow starting Monday.

Lusaka has a beautiful new terminal built by the Chinese. We are seeing this all over Africa as they quietly build new infrastructure.

Trundling to work.. Will be looking up those airports

• Advertisement

I’m off for the weekend. Starting right to left :)

I await beer reviews 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 14,105 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching a programme about cannibas, and missing some badly. I bought cannibanoid oil and thought it was a heap of shyte. Good weed is far far better than any script of baclofen for nerve pain , plus I could really do with the munchies 😋 😀

It's crazy that its off limits for those who need it. ( me )

It's worse that i can't smoke it or otherwise ingest without almost certainly getting a whitey 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

What a complete **** show rural Ireland is. Local Taxi driver was booked last week to pick up the girls from Dublin Airport tonight. Claims we didn't confirm it. He got the fooking Flight number! Another local is going up and we can all only hope. Messages sent to say jump into an Airport Taxi if the back up goes tits up. This is meant to be easy stuff. We really are an amateur country. No offense intended but you go local with your business and they cant cope with it. Fook em all! Absolute amateurs! Even the shops to me locally haven't a bloody clue anymore. Eejits. Getting sick of it.

Taxi situation not much better in airport either, feckin joke

Watching 'Putins Road to War' on PBS America. Now I know its an American show, but Putin sounds like the worst Bond villain EVER. Helped by the imbecile Donald T.

I'll stick to fiction for a while i think! Real life is way weirder lately

• Registered Users Posts: 13,178 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

A sort of adverse reaction to some drugs, for example grass.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Any of you wonderful people got any cheap but good recommendations for accommodation in Zagreb? Got myself a press pass for a festival and now need to find somewhere for my broke ass to stay.

I'm an untravelled heathen so i'll leave it to people with actual experience, but my suggestion is get a hot guy to invite you along 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 13,178 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The CAPE PALE ALE was really good, the also had an amazing whiskey bar with some lovely 18 year old Irish choices. Unfortunately hard liquor is off limits to me ;0;0

How are you feeling?

Ooh a whiskey bar would do me nicely now. Surprised there was no stout. I'm feeling alright, on cancellation list for some different injections, see if they help.. Any word on how Mutt is doing?

Glad that you are hanging in there. Keep it going.

Missus is back with him so he should be OK. Will check when she wakes up.

Problem with a Whiskey bar is that there is no such thing as ONE Drink :):) I don’t need a sore head during this trip as there are changes every day.

You reminded me there's some whiskey at home of varying qualities from last year, pretty handy painkiller assistance tonight. Looking forward to more airport pics too. Thanks for the kind words ☺️

Now you are making me jealous :) I set myself a beer limit even on days off during trips like this.

Anyway the mountain should reveal where I am :)

• Advertisement

I have time on my hands to play with videos.

Can anyone suggest a good IPAD video editing software where I can get rid of the audio and add music? The GoPro app is now crap.

Advertisement