Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole 'summer bonus' .. are they for real?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

More than a tiny percentage abusing the system, get your facts in order ^

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I've seen your nonsense before, the facts are clear and available for you to check before spouting further mis information but of course its not about abuses you tarnish everyone on a SW support, wether they be ill, disabled, unemployed, working part time, actually working with the same vile ugly brush.

Cop on and have a little respect.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Can we not just get the teachers to fill the jobs in hospitality, at least for the summer months?

The hospitality recruitment issue is an entirely unrelated matter to SW, that sector has itself to blame for its own mess, there's a thread dedicated to this issue, but that aside and despite an impression it's easy to fill or do hospitality jobs, it is not (I speak from many years of experience in the sector) people have left it, never, ever to return to it.

• Advertisement

Is the covid/war forums having a slow day to say you are adding another string to your bow?

That's something you might refer to the department for an explanation , it's them that refers to extra payments as bonuses, not recepients.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think it's a great idea. Will be welcomed. Costs have gone up in recent times. It will probably never happen but if it does that would be great thank you.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tooka

It’s not the individuals fault for being long term welfare recipients

if you have a system that rewards certain behaviours with social housing, hap, dole, disability benefit, carers allowance and also turns a blind eye to the black market then you are doomed to more people living on the welfare state and the more money you spend on welfare the more people who will end up on welfare

it’s the system that is the problem

• Advertisement

I have no idea what that syntax-turd of a post means.

State benefits Forum too quite for you it would seem 🙄

Sure you do. That’s enough entertaining you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Rarely a week goes by and another Social welfare bashing thread.

It's the Jobseekers Allowance that comes under scrutiny and rightly so.

This time around because some TD makes a suggestion, let's kick all on SW. Perhaps OP is not aware, Unemployment levels are a record lows and SW encompasses 10"s of thousands on Disability payments and I might add other supports because people's incomes are so low, Heck there's even a working family payment.

Nobody is begrudging genuine recipients of Disability Allowances and supports, ditto for Working Family Payments. Unemployment levels being low is great, and shows that there are plenty of jobs to be had for those on JSA - especially those on JSA for two years, two decades, etc... Heck we're even importing people to fill roles that long-term JSA recipients won't apply for.

Then there's this bizzare assumption SW Throw money at people and everyone gets free money and Fuel Allowance, it's utter nonsense. Those on illness benefit, entitled to nothing but an illness benefit payment, if they qualify for it, a Jobseekeer has to be on JSA for 15 months before being eligible for fuel allowance.

Over 370,000 households are on Fuel Allowance payments gov.ie - Extra Fuel Allowance payment of €100 will be made this week - Minister Humphreys (www.gov.ie)

How many of these are going to long-term JSA recipients? We know there are north of 65K long term (over one-year) claimants: Live Register May 2022 - CSO - Central Statistics Office

Did any low-income working household get this extra money? Zero.

People need to check some facts before arbitrarily throwing out assumptions and down right misinformation. Yes there are abuses but a tiny, tiny percentage of SW claimants abuse the system.

You cannot claim that abuses are a tiny percentage of the amount of claimants - the Dept of Social Protection don't actively investigate all claims. Have they investigated all 65K above?

Like it or not, both SW recipients and working people are struggling, that's a simple fact and we've seen nothing yet, baton down the hatches those who obsess about people on SW and low incomes, you might find yourself needing support sometime and maybe sooner than you think.

I want to focus on your last line "you might find yourself needing support sometime and maybe sooner than you think." - Do you think it is right that if someone who has worked decades and is made unemployed through no fault of their own is only going to get a maximum of €208 per week - the EXACT same rate that someone who has never worked gets...? Don't forget the person who has never worked will have their medical cards, fuel allowances and low rent payments to make.

It's an insult to those who work - dare I say you speak just like a Dept of Social Protection head honcho or a politician.

More nonsense, you are perhaps not aware of the enormous amount of WORKING people, not only in receipt of HAP but also welfare supports.

Wether you realise it or not, there's actually record low levels of long term unemployment and further more the department is ruthless went it comes to not only job activation programs but checking eligibility and reviewing recepients entitlement to payments.

Still nothing.

If you found more than half a dozen posts of mine in the covid forum I'd be surprised, and I wasn't aware there was a 'war forum'.

And to think, you've gone to all that bother getting your blood up because you're gun-shy about putting up a percentage when challenged.

Wow is right, clearly some have little better to do with their lives.

Tiresome incorrect and offensive nonsense, yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Those in the Turas Nua programme are typically long-term JSA recipients - but if I remember correctly, they are not counted anymore as JSA recipients because they are "in a programme".

Similar to the way the folks on the Community Employments Schemes are not counted either.

Fudging the numbers really at the end of the day though.

Incorrect on Turas Nua. Still counted on the live register.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Ah yes “WORKING”

Don’t you mean working the minimum 20 hours a week part time so they get topped up to 40 hours while not crossing the threshold for all the added goodies.

Seriously, wake up. This country is awash with fraud, wink wink nudge nudge, ah sure it’s only a minority etc etc nonsense.

Highest disability allowance recipients (claimees) in the EU.

The welfare state that is Ireland is a big con job pushed by the likes of Peter Mcverry and the other 300 NGOs groups all on the gravy train.

Any government minister dare question it and they face the anger of opposition parties, media and any other citizen who thinks they know better.

• Advertisement

No need for the bold font , albeit impressive

A. We're does it mention JSA in the Thread Header 🤔

B. Have you actually read some of the absurd comments and unless I've missed something this is another SW bashing Thread

C. 370k household are on FA, again, you may not be aware, that includes pensioners, People on Disability, Some on JSA (After 15 months) ,NONE on illness benefit and none on JSB

D. I can absolutely claim welfare fraud is tiny in the context of the over all budget and incidently the most high-profile cases actually involved pension fraud, PUP fraud, not jobseekers Allowance fraud.

E. It is an insult to working people who literally depend on social welfare and HAP supports, both of which are heavily means tested.

Back to you , but I'm off to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Care to address the points without personal insults?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tooka

Oh I am well aware of the system

I could also name easily 200 families where no one has ever worked or “worked”, and no welfare inspector who likes breathing will do anything about it

Time to exit this train wreck. I’m almost worried about the mental state of some posters here. I’ll probably get challenged on percentage 🙄

Wake up, are you being serious, haven't you heard of Zero hour contracts, supposed to have been banned, how about the DAA actually admitting they are only offering 20 hours a week for new recruits and €14 pw.

Have you even the slightest notion of how difficult it is to get approval for disability in Ireland and how long an application can take 🙄

Wake up is right, see you back at the FFFG government thread 🙄

And this is Genuine claimants fault, seriously, is that an argument 😳

No they are not, you can be referred within a month of being on either JSB/A

I bet you couldn't. I mean that.

Unless you live at the centre of the worst unemployment blackspot on the continent where everyone you've ever met has never worked, you're talking pony.

This thread is full of sh*t spilling over with people with space cadet ideas about the labour market and concocting problems that don't exist.

Someone posted it earlier, we have approx, 65k long-term (over 12 months) unemployed in this country. Out of a labour force of approximately 2.5 million people. Perspective. That's what the posters with veins popping out of their foreheads are getting bent out of shape about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Precisely who I blame. Language is important and referring to any welfare payment or other sorts of payments not earned by excelling in something as a bonus is not the right message to give imo

What is it a bonus for? Another year of someone's life down the tube? Congratulations?

Advertisement