Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Some Tesla model S came as 7 seaters. It was an optional extra. Boot is obviously compromised as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ours are 12,10 and 6 (nearly 7) and they fit no problem. We came from a Touran and they are far more comfortable

you have 3 kids , why do you need 2 more?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

ive got two they can borrow. 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Duwek

I suppose I've just gotten used to the extra space. We often use the extra seats for cousins and friends and the boot space is great when got g on holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

‘Electric drive not working correctly’ is coming up when car comes on. Anyone get this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Jokes aside that does fix most issues

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Does it drive? Is it a yellow or red light?

Either way, i'd be contacting the dealer and get them to connect the diagnostics to it.

It’s a yellow light. Seems to have gone since car was locked and unlocked

Noticed today that the rear taillight bar seems to be popping out. Your actually able to push it in and out ffs 😥😥😥

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Think there was a recall on that. There are a few clips holding it in place and in the sunlight/hot weather something expands and causes it to "pop out". I think they just change the clips and it sorts it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

got a message from my dealer today - says car should be handed over for transportation next week - i guess that means its built? He is still very optimistic for July delivery. id4 gtx. im thinking late july/august probably more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Can anybody recommend a good, reasonably priced panel beater in Dublin please?

Just did this to my boot. Absolutely gutted 😞

Feck 🥺

• Registered Users Posts: 9,492 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I was told by my dealer today as well that the car is built and awaiting transportation and a slot on one of the ships. He reckons mid to late July

Sent you a PM with a few places I've dealt with before

hi folks -

This is more a charging question than id4 but i didn't see a sticky on getting started with charging on the road etc. Our ID4 should be with us mid July. I'm going to be all set charging at home - install happening next week, have a charger at my parents in the north west so covered when down there the odd weekend. We also have free charging at work which they will show us how to work - there's an app chargepoint we have to download and away we go.

My question is more about using public chargers. What do I need to use the various chargers at petrol stations and shops etc? I've also seen mention of ionity fast chargers and also that depending on how you pay for them they can be more expensive than petrol?

I've see the wecharge plans VW have and don't know if they are worth getting or the app.. I downloaded the Bonnet app last night and have a free charge on that - not sure if its uk/ireland/eu based.

Ok so bit of a ramble -

1) What do i need to use the chargers in Ireland? Do i need my phone (android pixel 6 pro) and active data for initiating a charge and an app? whats the process for dummies when they rock up to a charger for the first time ever? is there one app for all or do i need an esb app for esb chargers etc?

2) In the UK - specifically scotland - we are doing a road trip in august - what do i need to initiate a charge on chargers there? Do i need my phone with data? Roaming connection's can be spotty - can i do tap to start/pay with contactless debit/credit card?

Most of our home driving will be around Dublin with the odd long trip here and there. Sligo, Galway, Cork, Belfast etc.. not sure its worth going on some kinda of monthly tariff for lower rates on the public network?

Apologies for going off topic!

Cheers,

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Contacted my dealer and my wagon is at the docks waiting to get on a ship. There is a ship leaving today (10th June) and another one leaving next Friday 17th, hopefully if not on todays it will be next week 🤞

But I do note one or two lads on here their cars were at the docks for a number of weeks and a number of boats passed.

Funny coincidence I sold my house two ago to build my new house and I was in the area of my old house so decided to pass by and see how there are looking after my garden.... and low and behold the new owners have 212 ID4 as well!! nice dark blue one

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

So you're about to wander into the minefield of charging providers and apps 😑

For question 1, I would recommend downloading the ESB Ecars app and EasyGo apps. They provide the majority of chargers in Ireland so should cover you for most charging. I would also recommend getting an RFID card from ESB as it's more reliable than the app in my experience

For 2, I would recommend using A Better Route Planner (https://abetterrouteplanner.com/) to plan out your main journey and see where your charging stops will be. I'd also recommend downloading Zap-map and Plugshare, these contain chargers from most providers and allow you to see what is available. Zap Map is UK focused, Plugshare is more useful for Ireland and other countries

The We Charge card will often start chargers from other networks, but at an additional cost. If they give you a card with the car then it's probably worth registering under the Free plan so you can use Ionity easily, otherwise I wouldn't bother (I've used mine once in the past year)

Some UK networks allow you to use a debit card at the charger, other do not and require you to use their app or RFID card. The Bonnet app might allow you to start these chargers as well, they usually give a map or list of compatible networks

I wouldn't recommend signing up to any paid plans, I don't think your current usage makes sense. If you were doing a long trip and could sign up for a month then it might make sense

Lower power (195kW) AWD version of the ID.4 coming to Germany, I wonder if it will make it over here...

It uses the same front motor and battery as the GTX so it seems like a good option. It'll be particularly interesting if VW can do an after market upgrade to unlock the full 220kW output. It could allow an AWD ID.4 to sneak in under the grant threshold and save some VRT tax, then be upgraded later

Thanks for the detailed reply - i got a rfid card with my VW home charger - will that work with the public charging network?

• Advertisement

The best way to find out is to open the We Connect ID app and you'll be able to see available chargers in the route planner and the prices

I believe We Charge works with ESB Ecars, but it might only be through the app, not the card

I would still recommend getting an ESB prepay card, it's more reliable and cheaper than We Charge and since ESB are the most prolific network across Ireland, they're probably the network you're most likely to use

EDIT: I think the EasyGo app can also start ESB chargers and they're expanding fast across Ireland as well, so might be worth having that app ready to go

i keep an ESB , Ionity and charge point card in the car as the misses hates having to mess with apps. She finds that the handiest.

don’t bother with EasyGO as we live in Dublin and mostly charge at home. Any charge point we use is generally a motorway one, or ecars slow one.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I've been using my MINI Charging contract in the same way, much easier to have the one card that covers eCars & Ionity. You can achieve similar with a WeCharge account.

But don’t WeCharge, charge extra for Ecars. 30c extra and 73c a unit unless you go fir a monthly package which would be wasted on us as we mainly home charge

Yeah but if it's only a couple of times a year then the price premium doesn't really matter

Kinda the same reason a lot of people use Ionity despite the cost

73c is the Ionity price.

eCars used to be the same price as using the eCars card but had a 30c connection fee. Not sure what the price is now as I haven't used public charging since early February.

Just checked the app, ESB 50kW using We Charge is 52c/kWh and 30c connection fee

Ionity is starting to look like a bargain 😂

That’s if you pay 3 euro a month

anyway Bonnett is our new overlord let’s hope they bring out a card

I think you misunderstood me, I'm on the We Charge Free plan and if I use or for an ESB charger I'll pay 52c/kWh

And yes, Vive la Bonnet

• Advertisement

It clearly says there that Ionity is 73c.

If you open the We Charge App and go to the map screen you can zoom into a charger and see the prices. You can also start a charge from this screen.

Advertisement