Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Annes Park capacity?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭COH

Short set. Didnt really bother talking to the crowd much. Took ages to get going then when it did it was just abruptly over. No encore etc

• Subscribers Posts: 41,614 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Were the bars a **** show last night as well??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea that's fair, he could have played longer especially with his backlog of oasis/hfb stuff. Would have loved to hear masterplan again.

Overal it was a decent day and the weather didn't bother me after awhile although it's a decent walk from the dart to get into the venue. Confidence man were decent, not the right gig though but entertaining.

First time to see two door cinema club and they were really good. I enjoyed noel but as mentioned maybe a small bit longer would have been nice but 90mins is pretty normal.

With regards to the bar I didn't have any major issues, maybe 5-7 mins between joining and getting pints.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

fort knox is a terrible intro song if you could call it a song and the rest of the stuff from that album at the start didnt help

some of the worst food iv ever eaten , the rain and cold really didnt help

people getting sent different directions that were not advised , wandering through estates

one thing that did annoy me were people in front of me mostly women talking constantly 10 and 20 minute stints and not even watching the main part of the concert - i moved then to a worse viewing area

Noels concerts dont get the crowd going enough - two door cinema club got a better all round reaction

and he cant sing stop crying your heart out , he murdered it. he just cant compare to Liam singing a lot of them songs

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Sammy96

Just don't see 90mins being the normal for an outdoor summer gig. Not sure what gigs you normally go to but that is short from my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Was at the gig last night, apart from the weather and the cold I thought top class. At €50 a ticket very good value. I thought that the support group Confidence Man were unexpectedly good, not so much so the 2nd support Two Door Cinema Club, they reminded me a bit of Bell X1 but not a patch on them. Noel Gallagher was very good also but by the time the concert ended I was frozen and glad.

BTW Childline were selling ponchos and accepting donations at the entrance at €8 each, I thought the pricing was a bit of a gouge particularly when you thought that the poncho was included in the donation, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Must agree. Really good night all round bar the drizzle. Serious value for €50ish. Noel's set while shortish but packed in a lot of songs. The lack of an encore was a surprise.

The atmosphere where we were was amazing, couldn't hear a word of his banter with the crowd. He looked pissed at the end, couldn't hear what he was saying. Might explain lack of encore.

The booing every time he mentioned Man City was funny, even a poor young fella with a City top was booed when on big screen. The constant chanting of 'We want Liam' was a entertaining too.

Both Confidence Man and Two Door Cinema Club were really strong supports. The latter got a serious reception from the crowd where we were standing.

While warned not to we drove to Ranelagh and got parking handy enough. Good location for a gig, would definitely go there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

I really enjoyed it also. Thought the venue was great no big queues for bars or toilets. The sound was great. Once the rain eased off around start of gig that helped also. A bit of a pain getting out of the venue but nothing compared to places like slane. Thought noels set list was really good and the mighty Quinn was a good cover to finish it off. He seemed to be enjoying himself and the band were excellent

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

the encore was from if i had a gun to the mighty quinn as down on the setlist

Noels concerts Just dont get the Buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Was at both Paul Heaton and Jaqui Abbot / Noel Gallagher gigs.

Loved Paul Heaton gig. Played all the classics and they engaged with the crowd.

The exact opposite to Noel Gallagher, thought the gig was terrible. Was expecting him to try put on a show considering what Liam was doing the same weekend in Knebworth. Wouldn't be arsed going to a NG gig again. He was just going through the motions. I was just to the left of the stage and looked like the crowd at the front was getting smaller as the gig went on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭micks_address

Excellent, so energetic and connective with the crowd. Ricky is some front man.

I wouldn't have been there specifically for them , but it was a great surprise when they were added to the listing as ive never seen them before. So many sing-a-long tunes that id forgotten. And i didnt realise him n her were married either.

If they were on a festival listing again id certainly make it my business to see them

ah deadly.. i loved their music back in the day and would have loved to go at the weekend but couldnt make it.. they do have some really great songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I'd agree with the comments above in relation to Saturday. The double bill of Paul Heaton + Jacqui Abbott and Deacon Blue was inspired, and both were excellent. Ricky and Lorraine still sound great, and their setlist was a shrewd mix of songs from their most recent album and old favourites. I suspect that for non-fans, Deacon Blue are the kind of band you might not think you're familiar with, but then realise you know half the set.

Paul and Jacqui were terrific. A really good setlist (personally, I'd have preferred She Got the Garden over I Gotta Praise, but that's just me). Five Housemartins songs, engaging and funny onstage chat from Paul. No noodling either; just a constant delivery of material. If you didn't know a song, there'd be another one along in three and a half minutes that you probably would know. Excellent.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dublin7d7

I could n' t disagree more about Noel Gallagher, I thought it was an outstanding gig. I travelled with medium expectations but was blown away by it.

6 or 7 Oasis tunes. Best of the High Flying Birds stuff which was up tempo stuff and kept the momentum going

I was 40m from the stage, brought my 12 year old, vibes were good, no sh*t from anyone, good cross section of ages. Crowd went mad for the Oasis stuff obviously.

The rain stopped and I thought the sound mix was excellent, base coming up from the ground.

He had a brass section, 2 or 3 female vocalists, keyboards, a few guitarists. His voice was pitch perfect and the whole performance was very tight. He had a bit of banter going with a few at the front row.

Top marks for me

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Glad you enjoyed it. And I do believe location in an outdoor gig can really make a difference, crowd, sound etc.

I've been to a lot of gigs in my time but this won't be seen as a memorable one for me at all. Might have had too much of a high expectation going into the gig and expecting something that was never going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dublin7d7

Fair enough , it is quite a subjective experience , is n't it. I was actually given the tickets by someone who was double-booked.

With all the rain on Sunday, I did deliberate about staying at home , glad I did n't.

Decent set list, all the Oasis tunes grouped together

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Thanks. Only seeing your message now. Running out the door now to get my flight home to Ireland.

Family been there awhile without me, as I had work. So rushed off my feet last minute :) But still plan to figure out where the ticket entrance is and try and get in first with my daugther. Her first gig after all, so making the effort.

Anyone else have any input from this weeks gigs on the getting in and getting out? Sounds like me not really needing the bar will be a relief anyway?!?!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The sound system must be good (and the wind direction) - I could hear a lot of Noel's set very clearly and I'm a little over 2km from the stage.

If you happen to be in the area rather early, I'd recommend the Saturday market that takes place by the Red Stables. Lots of different food trucks. It'll probably wind up around 3/4 but you'd see it very close to the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mactheknife19

What the closest train station to the Entrance, Raheny or Harmonstown. And anyone any experience on getting the train after. Going Northbound, will I have enough time to get back at the end for last trains.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think either station is the same distance away. I got off at harmonstown and was about 15 min walk to St anne's but about another 10mins to get to the gig entrance.

On the way back i got the 10.40?? train but they kept it there for awhile to fill the train up with people

Harmonstown is nearer to both entrances. I'd have thought the All Saints Road/Tennis Courts entrance was a fraction closer, but Google Maps says that's 16 minutes from the station, whereas the Sybill Hill entrance is 12 minutes.

The walk out can take a while because of the volume of people. I was at the front for Paul Heaton + Jacqui Abbott, so when it was finished, I effectively had the whole crowd ahead of me. I probably got to Sybil Hill at around five past eleven.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

There's big disruption to the northbound lines from Connolly this weekend..check irishrail for details

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

The ticket itself looks like barely more than a QR code. I trust there is no particular difference between the "green" and "Blue" entrances and you can just rock on up to either one of them? It does not say a particular entrance on the ticket itself.

no difference on entry whether you take the green or blue entrance, they join up before entering the concert area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

any recommendations for a decent pub within walking distance before the gig?

The Manhattan in Raheny village is one option. If you get the DART to Raheny, it's literally just down the road from the station, and it's about ten or fifteen minutes away from the All Saints Road/Tennis Court entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Will there be many free tickets floating around for Dermot Kennedy this eve? I live near by we didn't get given any tickets from the promoters.

Advertisement