Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Just wondering how far defending of the governments goes? What will it take for people on here to stop defending the government?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Nothing it would seem , based on some of today's outrageous nonsense. 🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

That's what I was thinking. It kind of makes the Golfers who are taking part in the Saudi golf tour look like saints.

Indeed 😁, But rest assured I won't be deterred as I hope others won't in calling out this Dreadful government 😁

Night night

Night night and hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Can you give an example? Follow up, - or 'be consistent' and don't.. 🙄

Either you are being obtuse or you really don't get it.

Hitler... 🤣 -- SF weren't good enough..

That's hilarious, but to get back to it.. If 'Hitler' was given enough slack to ridicule the current FFG (and he probably would have been), then surely somebody in government would look around and have to notice that they are looking like fools.. I genuinely wonder would the realisation smack them in the face, or do they know all along how ridiculous their defence gets tying themselves up in knots, and.... e.g. feeling that they had to bring HITLER up..

LMFAO....

It's not so much that if "Hitler said a bad word about them" - and the fact that it has to be explained to you is poor enough.

But it's also funny that, that post came less than a week after this little gem.. 😂

Poor FFG.. Everyone against them?

P.S.

All the Hitler and Trump references are starting to sound like somebody wants to break out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Common sense, the silver bullet to all the world's problems for populists and cranks.

You give out about the Direct Provision, want it to end, yet give out about Ukrainians in houses and hotels.....

Gas man!! :D

What do you actually propose to fix this? Do you think the government should have had thousands of homes on standby in case a war broke out in Europe?

Case by case... which is what DP actually is.... :D

Gas man yourself!

Ah ok, so you don't want the Defence Forces to have the ability to you know, defend the state. (The hint is in the name, Defence Forces ;) )

Personally, id people want the status quo, id get rid of the defence forces. At least we should be honest about it.

Ireland has the most progressive taxation regime in the entire OECD, we have a wealth tax that all the opposition parties want to get rid of, which is hilarious tbh....

Rest of your post is fairly gibberish tbh. Talking about reds under the beds, when an actual war is going on in the East with war crimes, and ethnic cleansing going on... not a good look tbh.

Top of the Morning and what a delightful one it is, unless your a Government TD of course.

My views on DP are not hidden or indeed my contempt for the Two Tier policies of this government, treating people differently is I'm afraid disgraceful, despite your attempts to Twist what I've said and or my beliefs not only do I support helping refugees but on the basis of Equality, what's going on now is blatant discrimination in the persuit of Virtue Signalling.

Common Sense is really not a difficult concept to understand.

Look at what you can offer, check you can fulfill promises, maybe check you can actually accommodate people and indeed see to their medical needs, Heck why not check you can look after your own citizens whilst your at it.

What have government done? Checked nothing, opened the flood gates, made an intolerable situation worse and still have no answers.

In essence a train wreck and Cluster*** of epic proportions.

• Advertisement

Can you give an example? Follow up, - or 'be consistent' and don't.. 🙄

So-called progressives and liberals quoting a conservative Swedish MEP with ties to UKIP, who wants to build a wall between Europe and Turkey..... not a good look at all at all. See its easy to take a soundbite here or there, but to govern you have to be consistent. Soundbites is what you get from BoJo and the like.

That's hilarious, but to get back to it.. If 'Hitler' was given enough slack to ridicule the current FFG (and he probably would have been), then surely somebody in government would look around and have to notice that they are looking like fools.. I genuinely wonder would the realisation smack them in the face, or do they know all along how ridiculous their defence gets tying themselves up in knots, and.... e.g. feeling that they had to bring HITLER up..

I see the point went waaaaaayyy over your head. The point was, that once someone, anyone, regardless of how odious that person is, made a remark on the FF,FG or Green government, the seals here would be clapping that comments on with hearty approval, not knowing of course that they are supporting that odious person by proxy.

Its like say Hitler was a vegetarian and liked dogs, so he must have been a nice guy. LOLZZ

Its the kindergarten type of debating.

Poor FFG.. Everyone against them?

LOL, you didn't read my comment did you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A government of chaos from day one.

Publicly fighting with one another because it's a cobbled together coalition to cling to power.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

So what? You are getting caught up in your concept of what you want to believe others think.

Case by case... but sure ill give out about my own proposal.

LOLZ

Three packs of feral chancers trying to get their grubby hands on as much as they can.

Maybe we should get some taxi drivers to run the country for us? They have all the answers.

You asked me my opinion and I gave it. Now you are upset because its like something the government does? As I say, you have your own concept of reality and try to make us all fit. Still ducking you calling people putin and Hitler because they are critical of government.

Dragging poor Taxi Drivers into the discussion, why, I've no idea, the incoherence is breathtaking, but I suppose its better than dragging a former, vile , disgusting monster of a dictator into a discussion to get a rather inexplicable point across 🙄

You never heard of the joke that Taxi drivers, full of their own opinions and self-importance know how to run a country? (Same is going on here.)

Must have had a sheltered life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

So-called progressives and liberals quoting a conservative Swedish MEP with ties to UKIP, who wants to build a wall between Europe and Turkey..... not a good look at all at all. See its easy to take a soundbite here or there, but to govern you have to be consistent. Soundbites is what you get from BoJo and the like.

So no example. By the way, Soundbites 'are' what you get from Leo and the like..

I see the point went waaaaaayyy over your head. The point was, that once someone, anyone, regardless of how odious that person is, made a remark on the FF,FG or Green government, the seals here would be clapping that comments on with hearty approval, not knowing of course that they are supporting that odious person by proxy.

Its like say Hitler was a vegetarian and liked dogs, so he must have been a nice guy. LOLZZ

Its the kindergarten type of debating.

It is yourself who's head the point has gone 'waaaaaayyy' over. The point was and is, that is somebody makes a fool of themselves, and follows it up with foolish statements, then they are ripe for the picking by somebody, anybody that sees it. A half decent leader would not put themselves in such a position to be ridiculed. When it feels like everyone is against you, maybe time to call it a day. The kindergarten debating is bringing up Hitler in the first place FFS. The vegetarian crap is just extra nonsense you wanted to get out because you thought of it, and thought it sounded good.

LOL, you didn't read my comment did you.

Unfortunately I did. Every nonsense bit of it.

Everyone here, or there or somewhere is against you if they don't agree. I get it. It's selective, and nonsense, but you've been spouting it for a while, usually to make your point in the other direction, but each to their own.

I actually don't know any Taxi Drivers personally and actually live a very fulfilled life, I think it's you or at least your opinions that suggest you actually live a very sheltered life perhaps in a parallel universe 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Recession looming and thanks to magical money tree politics and epic waste over 20 years we are one of the highest indebted nations per capita in OECD. Well done FFG. You reap what you sow and now we have little wriggle room.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I giggled at comments yesterday about how wonderful it was government have clawed back profits from the infamous bail out, exciting news re Nama profits, Bank share sell offs etc.

At the back of an env calculation, about €7 billion has been recouped out of a €42 billion bail out we are still paying for. Beggar's belief really and this does not factor in other lesser known winks, nods and Shenanigans.

Yet, you wanted the government to spend more money on public services...... ironic eh?

I would vote for some rando taxi driver before FF/FG.

😂😂😂, you could be onto to something 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Oh sorry let me guess...you think hundreds on trolleys and healthcare staff working in deplorable conditions is a public service? Money well spent. Let's add another billion to the long delayed children's hospital while we are at it. Wake up. Shocking legacy.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Because public services are the first place we should look? The main point of government is running public services. Its not a bonus or a favour they are doing for us it's their **** job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

Money to Developer's to build houses that won't be affordable to most, no issues

Advertisement