Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Annes Park capacity?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

None, it’s a sold out show. Sure you can walk through the park and watch it for free as people were doing so last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

you could see the stage from areas of the park or people were running through barriers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Yeah you can see parts of the stage/screen from the path

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Any indication from those at some of these gigs how quickly they could be back in the city for??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Really enjoyed two weekends of concerts at St Anne's Park ..Noel Gallagher and High Flying Birds, and 2 door cinema club excellent , although Noel could have played a bit longer . 90 mins is not long enough to play for any concert Summer or Winter . I like his humour which is dry , and prefer his singing to his brother's , but we were expecting them to come out again and give a bit more to a loyal group of fans who had waited in the rain .

And Duran Duran tonight did a brilliant concert, all the songs except for one or two , finished their encore with Rio and the place was alive and loving it . Total blast .

Other members of family were at Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott , Deacon Blue on the Saturday and had a lovely time . And others at Dermot Kennedy and similar experience . The rain was a pvsser for Noel and Dermots gigs but the joy of getting out to hear and dance to live music makes up for it.

Lovely venue, easy to get in and out of , very civilised crowds and toilets and bars busy but what d'you expect ?

I don't go to concerts for anything except the music so everything else is a bonus I guess .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Sammy96

Well how were Duran Duran? Heard it was a very short gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Started at 8:45, ended at 10:25. No complaints about that. Nineteen songs. They never do all the hits - their policy is usually to leave out one or two and rotate them - so we didn't get The Reflex or Save A Prayer, which, on paper might seem outrageous, but when you consider the catalogue of material they did play, it'd be churlish to feel short-changed.

They did What Happens Tomorrow instead of (Reach Up for the) Sunrise, which they often do; the approach seems to be to opt for one or the other from Astronaut.

Intro: Velvet Newton

The Wild Boys

Anyone Out There

Invisible

All of You

A View to a Kill

Notorious

Union of the Snake

Come Undone

Give It All Up

What Happens Tomorrow

Ordinary World

Tonight United

Planet Earth

Hold Back the Rain

White Lines (Don't Do It)

Girls on Film/Acceptable in the 80s

Encore:

The Chauffeur

Hungry Like the Wolf

Rio

Post edited by delbertgrady on

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Sammy96

Great set list. Sounds like a decent length. Heard they started at 8:45 though.

Sorry. Typo. Fixed now.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Wezz

No complaints here, shame they started late though as we saw a few people leave before the end, probably to catch buses etc.

It was my first time in the park and have to say it was very easy to access and navigate. A much nicer venue than Marley and Phoenix Parks. Shame the merch stand was positioned in such an awkward place though, we didn't find it until the end of the gig. Plenty of food options, lots of toilets. Didn't bother with alcohol but the queues seemed to be moving well.

• Advertisement

They had the merchandise behind the tower at Paul Heaton + Jacqui Abbott (possibly at other shows too), so you couldn't miss it as you approached the stage. I don't know why they moved it, but I agree it was a bit understated where it was.

I was at two St. Anne's Park concerts this year and thought it worked really well. The only downside is the slight bottleneck and delay at the end of the night, since - unlike, say, Malahide Castle - they don't have any alternate exit routes to allow people to filter out. However, once you're back out on the avenue, it's fine.

I'd definitely go to shows there again. It's a very convenient location for me anyway, so I'd go to anyone I was remotely interested in.

I'm really curious to see how Fairview Park is done now. I'm going to Phoebe Bridgers and St. Vincent over the next fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Well this did not go well at all.

Got the bus journey out as indicated on info and got to venue within twenty minutes, ideal I thought.

I headed towards exit as Rio played out, when I turned around stewards had lined it and were directing everyone towards the now only exit so there was my first blunder.

I looked I had an hour to meet my deadline by this point. As I exited coming to turnoffs I asked a Dub guy the story with buses and taxis and he told me it was the other way...he was bluffing it turned out whoever you are; tip for future just tell someone you don't know, further inquiry to a steward confirmed I'd been sent the wrong way.

Anyway outside no taxis to be seen, Reached bus stop to see bus pull away of course, saving 30 seconds would have made this...crucial it turned out...next bus didn't come 'til as scheduled on timetable 20 mins or so later. More buses were to be put said the info well that was obvs BS. I got on bus with a handful however at next the next stop the hordes piled on. I knew the mare was well on and inevitably when the Dub bus reached the city my bus home was gone without me.

So yeah...spent over 7 hours or so biding my time on the streets of Dublin until morning to get the next bus, at least it wasn't very cold heh and I made it on time for work.

....At least the gig was very enjoyable before all that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭newirishman

It would have surprised me if any additional public transport would have been put in place. I don't think that ever happened at any concert in Dublin.

If public transport in this country wasn't so incompetent, or unwilling, or whatever, they'd have put a dozen buses down Sybil Hill Rd to start with, going directly into city centre and keep that going for a while.

Advertisement