Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

yes, you are so enlightening, why can't anybody just see what truth you are speaking. I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Don't you remember Harry wanting to covertly get Meghan’s side of the story regarding her father across to the public via the authors of Finding Freedom? When he wanted to actually meet with them himself along with Meghan’s rather lengthy notes to hand for reference but then sent his communications director in his stead? When he welcomed the suggestion to conceal his involvement with the book and who then subsequently put out a statement denying any involvement at all with that hagiography? i.e. Harry was lying. That all came out in court lest you forget and it all came out in a case his wife brought about. It was the infamous "unfortunate lapse of memory". Like you'd forget writing a very detailed takedown of you paternal family which was all done in the slyest manner.

So would they lie to advance themselves in a racially sensitive US after they found freedom? I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

it was a memory lapse rather then a lie and the court accepted it as such, granted it was irrelevant anyway to the case.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

A british prince reduced to reality TV. I don't think that was ever the plan considering Harry, a 36 year old man, said he had to make media deals because he was cut off financially. It's an incredible fall and saw on Twitter a suggested title for the series - Dumbarton Abbey.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

If they're stuck for cash, Megs could do Real Housewives of Beverly Hills 🤣

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

He’s revealed himself to be the most incredibly spoiled brat. The man is a qualified helicopter pilot, surely he can find himself an honest job with that - he’d be well paid too, but of course not enough for the lifestyle he’s accustomed to. He supposedly wanted to be a ordinary person, so why doesn’t he try living like one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

There is a relatively new YouTube channel called the Royal grift. New cartoon skit on them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Tara you are right. I had been active on this thread way early on and saw the supporters of MeGain drop and drop as more information came out. I came back after I saw them booed at the jubilee. I was amazed to see end_of_the_road still posting nothing but fervent support. Its astonishing that they still are ignoring the facts. I could reply to them re-iterating the actual lies and twisting of things by MeGain but you are right, there is no point. It would be more fruitful to piss into the wind.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

They lied. There was no memory lapse, there was no misinterpreting of what was said, there was no misunderstandings on how weddings actually work. There is no confusion here. They were caught lying. Many many times and so often, that people who do want to give them the benefit of the doubt now can't trust a single word they say. And even worse, they lied so badly that anyone who has the ability to google could fact-check what they said and see it was so far away from truth that there's no way it could be a misinterpretation.

In the Oprah interview, Meghan says there were several conversations between Harry and a family member about the colour of the baby's skin. Harry, literally moments later, said that it was one single conversation regarding skin colour of their children and that it happened before the wedding. Those are two very different versions and both cannot be true. So one of them is clearly lying in that single example alone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

And all of that while his grandfather was on his deathbed.

There's not much lower anyone can go, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I still drop in from time to time, I still hold the same views as I did this time last year. Most of what I see posted here now is speculation and heresy at best so not worth replying to. All credit to EOTR for having the energy to keep repeating themselves.

As you say no point reiterating things time and time again it just goes in circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

For me the fact that you can't find Oprah's interview online from reputable sources (and it stopped been available on CBS site after only a few days) speaks volume...

So what's your opinion on them being "deeply honored and excited" about attending the Jubilee ? How saying that seemingly contradicts everything they said about experiencing racism, lack of support for their mental health, about how they were trapped, silenced, unprotected, cut off financially etc.? Doesn't it strike you as odd that they'd actually embrace such a collective shower a baxtards?

I can understand how, for example, anti-monarchists might be sympathetic to the Sussexes and how this can lead to them being supportive of the pair of them but their mere presence at a party weekend celebrating all they've criticised seemed like a right royal middle finger to such people. You don't have to reply but fwiw I go by what they put into the public domain and not the PR driven churnilism about sweet nods and zoom calls with Will and Her Maj. Given how clearly persona non grata they are with the BRF then where to from here? It's pretty clear to everyone now that the senior Royals want sweet FA to do with them and their brand stateside is irrevocably dented to that end.

Harry has never expressed anything but affection for the Queen and last week was about celebrating her so why would he not be excited and honoured to be involved in that.

It must be very difficult when your family and (ex) job are so intertwined to express a dislike for one without stepping on the toes of family members who are still very much a part of that job.

I suppose there is a difference between words and actions. He might say he adores the Queen, and there's no doubt in my mind that he genuinely does, but would she have felt affection and adoration when he participated in the Oprah interview which effectively shat on everything she has spent decades propping up and in service to? Affection when this was done while her husband was gravely ill in hospital? Which gave them all a PR nightmare while they were collectively bracing for a likely bereavement? Would she feel affection while she is clearly succumbing to her old age while her grandson is poised to release a memoir, backed by a handsome advance, which will only shift units if it contains juicy gossip and tea later this year? While their PR manifesting keeps them fanning the tabloid flames? You know he could have chosen to not do such an interview, he could have chosen to not write a memoir, he could have lived a private life and just live his life in happiness with his young family. Nobody forced him to do any of those things. The guy could have, after trashing out a proper exit plan with his family, issued one of their statements about them stepping down and said that, for the sake of his and his wife's mental health, that they were stepping down, that he would support his family who work in service of the scrutinised and suffocating system which personally lead them to make such a decision. He could have detailed a list of causes he wished to support and promote and could have asked for some privacy going forward. Anyone with a shred of empathy would have understood that and there'd be none of the drama ever since. I don’t think his dad would have been averse to giving them a stipend, a living wage, even an RPO like his mother was offered. Any personal grievances they had could then be kept private and dealt with privately with no airing of dirty laundry which risked persona non grata status. It would have been the PR savvy and smart thing to do. It would have been the classy thing to do and it would have been the affectionate thing to do.

His affection for his grandmother didn’t stop him leaving the country before the grand finale of her jubilee celebrations took place. A very petulant act. Would another day have been so awful? Could they not have held the baby’s birthday party after the weekend, when most of the Royal Family weren’t busy representing his Grandmother?

But you are getting outraged (for want of a better word) on someone else's behalf.

If the Queen felt so hard done by by everything Harry did or said surely he wouldn't have gotten an invite?

So either she doesn't consider what he did to be such a misdemeanor or perhaps there is some truth to the things he said.

They had 2 very young kids in a country foreign to them maybe they had to get home for them, who are we to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

It's pretty obvious that they never had any intention of staying in Britain and playing minor royals. The plan was always to go to America, they honestly thought they'd get to keep the titles and trade on that in America but there bluff was called and they ended up laying low in Canada during a pandemic, until the Canadians found out that their taxes where being spent on keeping them, that was the end of that, so off they went to some random celebrities vacant mansion. The plan seems to have been for him to use his royal credentials to pimp her, as seen on the red carpet with the head of Disney.

Basically fate intervened and their plans turned to crap. They got caught in lie after lie and there was only so long people were interested in hearing a rich aristocrat whining about his dead mother, so that was when the crapping on his family for money started. Everything they've done has failed because they are deeply flawed narcissists who really do believe that they're special. They jumped on the BLM bandwagon, she's always picking female staff who almost all quit very quickly. The thing is, that if they'd just been honest and said they wanted to do their own thing nobody would have cared, it's that they wanted to sell his connections that was the problem. Dressing it up as them being victims and having to leave was nuts.

This latest docuseries will probably be huge for all the wrong reasons, people will watch for the cringe factor. There's no real interest in them now. When granny dies he'll release his tell all 'memoir', why not, he needs the money and there's going to be no reconciliation with the RF when the Queen dies. When she's gone he's on his own, she'll be long gone when his usefulness is exhausted and that's not far off. She'll hang on for whatever money is coming his way, after that it's just going to be a tawdry high profile he said she said divorce battle and she' got a lot of dirt.

• Advertisement

Another few hours wouldn’t have mattered to the children. Would have shown the affection he claims to have for his grandmother. Leaving at the time they did was totally disrespectful.

He flew his family half way round the world for his grandmother but him leaving early is what's thrown at him?!

We don't know the exact reason (though I fear whatever it was wouldn't be good enough anyway) so how can anyone judge it to be disrespectful?

Outraged? I’m positively apoplectic here! Lol

They got invited as expected, there was the will they/won't they dramatics over security arrangements in advance of it, there was the (understandable) cold shouldering of them while they were there and there was no photo with their daughter with her namesake. Like I mentioned previously there are words and there are actions. They are officially “much loved members of the family” but anyone watching what went down at the Jubilee would understandably question the veracity of that official stance.

there isn't a shred of evidence to show any of this, just conspiricy theories whipped up on the basis of fake outrage on behalf of a foreign institution who does not care about anyone outraged on it's behalf.

they got to keep titles, they are duke and duchess and he is a prince, not shabby titles now in fairness and certainly no bluff being called either.

the narcissist allegation has been debunked, not a shred of evidence for it, simply very bad attempts at ammitor psycology wich, when examined fall into pieces quickly and hard.

not sure everything they have done has failed, this seems to be just wishful thinking and wanting that to be true, sure some of her staff have quit over the years but there are many possible reasons for that.

people would have absolutely cared no matter what they said and done, the fact is the outrage is because they left and have exposed the RF for the flaud family they are and the problematic institution that it is and that was always going to get people's goat up because people were to invested in the fairy tale.

sure, like any celebrity there will be a few who genuinely don't like them because celebrity does, but realistically the majority of outrage over them is because of what i have stated above, with certain tabloids fanning the flames.

Assuming the kids were even with them then another day or two would have allowed them get over the 8 hour time difference jet lag they all would have been just about getting over and prepare them for even more lag after landing back at home stateside.

how do you know another few hours wouldn't have mattered? do you have access to their heads to mind read or something?

how in gods name was them leaving when they did disrespectful? they were going to have to leave at some stage, and chances are that would have been disrespectful as well, the same as anything they would do no matter the reason.

you are just outraged on behalf of a foreign institution who you feel have been slighted, it hasn't been slighted.

it could be cold shouldering, or it could simply be respecting their wishes not to be at the forefront of things which is more likely to be the case.

ultimately what they said about the RF is likely to be true, so cold shouldering them for exposing what was always going to be exposed at some stage doesn't seem likely, at least not for long.

they and the children apparently did meet the queen.

So I wonder would they be complicit in this exposing of them if they actually got half in, half out i.e. still working for the toxic institution part time? If they got IPP security status in California with no financial worries over paying for it? If they got to pick and choose and turn up for the intermittent glam Royal events and leave the boring handshaking in Milton Keynes gigs to the rank and file working Royals? If they were free to brand themselves as Royal Highnesses in the US and enjoy that unique selling point to make lots of money selling tat on QVC and doing product promotions? And do it all with absolutely no oversight or interference from Buck Palace?

They would in their holes be complicit. What we've been seeing is the Royal equivalent of a toddler in a supermarket throwing a tantrum because despite getting one toy they can't have ALL the toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

regarding H&M leaving a day earlier from the jubilee: yes disrespectful and I think it was completely on purpose. I think Harry was fuming inside. If you watch a few of the short videos when he's (and M) entering the church, his facial expression is so telling. It's completely tense and angry. And who wouldn't after being publicly booed and probably most of the people inside the church he shook hands with would have liked to boo as well. But he should have known it will be like that. Goes back to the initial question why he did show up at all, they should have stayed home. But he's a twat, one can only repeat that.

• Advertisement

ultimately only they would be able to answer that question for sure, maybe they would have exposed the truth eventually or maybe not, ultimately we are where we are.

what i do know is that quite rightly they have exposed issues with the RF and hopefully the RF will address those issues for it's own sake.

Advertisement