Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MikeRyan87

The Last Of Us Part 1 (Remake) popped up on PlayStation Direct

https://t.co/CZ5mtOCjqV

Out on September 2nd for PS5; coming to PC later https://t.co/HxyfCix3Rz

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

In an ideal world, they'd have just released a PS5 patch for the already perfectly serviceable remastered version.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Seems kinda redundant for PS5 alright. Hope it does well on PC though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was going to say that surely even modern Sony wouldn’t be arrogant enough to charge full retail price for it.

But apparently they are arrogant enough to charge full retail price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,056 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement

Should follow @insider_wtf on Twitter if looking for interesting leaks.

He leaked entire SoP(glad I didn't see this) and Overdose/LoUR date before anyone else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The PS4 version already ran at 60fps so there wasn't anything to patch. This is a lot more than a texture bump and seems more akin to the asset and engine swapped PS5 version of Demon Souls which also sold for full price. I assume it's mainly targeted at future fans of the HBO show and PC gamers but it will surely sell well with existing fans too.

Looks good to me though I'd like to see some gameplay.

A patch with full 4K / 60 fps support to take advantage the PS5 would be a nice bonus and upgrade over PS4 Pro.

Demon’s Souls remake was still overpriced, but at least it was for a game whose original version was technically wonky and no longer playable on modern hardware. This… we already have an excellent modern version that runs on PS5 and still looks pretty damn great for a ten year old game. €80 for a glorified polish job is peak Sony hubris, although at least getting a PC version is a positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Maybe it was to prevent the PC dipsticks from claiming the best version of a Sony owned game came out on PC (rather than the same version but modded/upgraded by the PC community). But did anyone really expect it to be discounted? I'm a bit of a Sony fanboy, but I still expect all their first party games, remakes or not, to be full price. It's why I don't buy them...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

PC has dipsticks, Sony has fanboys. Got it. 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't really think the Demon's Souls comparison really works. I only played a wee bit of the PS3 version and none of the PS5 version, but just looking at them you can tell the PS5 version is a remake, even from a screenshot. From what that trailer shows, it looks identical to the PS3/PS4 version and I think should've been at PS4 prices at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭recyclops

This will be a silent hill remake debacle. Sony are hilarious. The may add extra yellow paint so we know where to climb 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks way better and damn right i want to play it but is it seriously costing 80 euro? It won't even have Factions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Definitely looks way better but I personally wouldn't pay full price, a lot of games are nearly half price within 12 months so no harm waiting.

Wasn't expecting a new Alien game, shame it's some sort of top down style.

I have my eye on Callisto Project, Fort Solis and Routine (PC). Good year for gaming. New Modern Warfare looks decent enough, didn't enjoy the 2019 though.

Callisto looked pretty good but think there were some animations missing when changing from shooting to melee. Surely be addressed in the final game.

GoW Ragnarok launching Nov 2022 according to Jason Schreier.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Would be surprised in GoW makes November. Final Fantasy 7 25th anniversary broadcast next week. Surely a Remake Part 2 announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I wouldn't be surprised at all if GOW is released in November. They made the smart move to not give a release window other than 2022, have only released one trailer so far (which was well received and no complaints about graphics meaning they'd have to delay to fix them).

At the end of GOW3, Kratos release hope into the world. I have hope!

Anyone getting The Quarry? I really liked Until Dawn. I was going to wait for it to go on sale as I'm not in a rush to buy anything at the moment but I see it's €60 and not €75 so I'm thinking about picking it up in a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

GoW is the only Sony exclusive I've got my eye on for the rest of the year.

Seem to remember someone from the developer stating recently the game is still on course for 2022.

I reluctantly paid €80 for GT7 so I could play with a mate at launch. I've enjoyed the racing but the game has monetisation problems,which leaves a bit of bad taste after paying €80. Perfect example of a good game being diminished by MTs

Kinda makes me wanna wait for GoW sale but that could be ages after launch.

Maybe PC game prices have spoiled me but €80 just feels like too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Never played until dawn but on the lookout for a new game and this has looked decent in reviews! Where is it listed at 60e? I see smyths have it for 55e alright

Interesting, Smyth's did have it for 60 but now it's sold out. It had 3 listed for Fonthill when I checked before they opened that morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I don't mind paying €80 for a game or 2 a year that I'm almost certain I'm going to enjoy and get plenty of hours out of without paying a cent extra - GoW and Elden Ring being the 2 this year for me. €80 for a game with a heap of microtransations is taking the piss though.

PS5 updates to Resident Evil 2, 3 and 7 available today.

...of course I get called to do overtime tomorrow morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Pictures of the controller keep the classic PlayStation 5 style, but show a few key differences. One of the biggest changes is buttons under the analog sticks, which allow you to completely remove the analog sticks; which Sony refers to as "removable stick units".

Another feature includes the trigger stops at the back of the controller, in addition to flappy paddles/buttons that have become increasingly popular over the years with players turning to companies such as SCUF Gaming and NACON for such controllers.

The prototype also features grips to help hold the controller, which also seems to be removable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Flappy paddles! Yay!!

Tales of arise is down to 34euro,worth a punt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

There's a demo available on the PS Store - so you can try it to see if it's for you..

• Advertisement

Perfect never saw that, cheers

Advertisement