Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

adox wrote: »
    Got a bottle of Amouage Reflection Man last week.
    Firstly the box and bottle are a thing of beauty.

It’s a smokey incense type fragrance with loads of notes and changes over time. An unusual top note of Oregano and some leather in the base, it smells a bit like the inside of a church.

I’ve smelled nothing like it before. I really like it. Huge projection on it. I’d say it’s a love it or hate it fragrance as it’s unusual and it doesn’t hold back!

Five months later and I’ve noticed my error. My description doesn’t describe Reflection Man at all. That’s because it’s Interlude Man I have!

By Kilian Black Phantom. Man I can’t get enough of the stuff. Very gourmand which is right up my street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

By Kilian Black Phantom. Man I can’t get enough of the stuff. Very gourmand which is right up my street.

Must give that a try. I have Intoxicated, which also has the coffee note. It smells incredible, but performance is poor - around 4 hours I'd say. How does Black Phantom last for you?

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Must give that a try. I have Intoxicated, which also has the coffee note. It smells incredible, but performance is poor - around 4 hours I'd say. How does Black Phantom last for you?

The complete opposite. I got a 7.5ml of Intoxicated “free” with Black Phantom.
    Black Phantom has great performance compared to it and is a much nicer fragrance for my tastes at least. Rum, dark chocolate, sharp coffee and spices.

I quite like Intoxicated but I can’t really smell it on myself for long so wouldn’t buy a full bottle.

Kilian do a sample set of 5 fragrances for €25 delivered. Black Phantom is one of them. Think they are 1.5ml each. They also give you a €25 voucher along with it so if you are planning to defo get a bottle the sample set is free.

Or if you order any full bottle from Kilian they send a sample of it as well(along with another rather sample bottle and a 7.5ml random bottle too), the idea being you can try the scent before you open the full bottle box and if you don’t like it you can send it back for a full refund.

You may know all this already so apologies if you do.

Hope you get to sample Black Phantom. I was unsure of it first with its opening but once it settles down it is absolutely gorgeous with stellar performance and projection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

The complete opposite. I got a 7.5ml of Intoxicated “free” with Black Phantom.
    Black Phantom has great performance compared to it and is a much nicer fragrance for my tastes at least. Rum, dark chocolate, sharp coffee and spices.

I quite like Intoxicated but I can’t really smell it on myself for long so wouldn’t buy a full bottle.

Kilian do a sample set of 5 fragrances for €25 delivered. Black Phantom is one of them. Think they are 1.5ml each. They also give you a €25 voucher along with it so if you are planning to defo get a bottle the sample set is free.

Or if you order any full bottle from Kilian they send a sample of it as well(along with another rather sample bottle and a 7.5ml random bottle too), the idea being you can try the scent before you open the full bottle box and if you don’t like it you can send it back for a full refund.

You may know all this already so apologies if you do.

Hope you get to sample Black Phantom. I was unsure of it first with its opening but once it settles down it is absolutely gorgeous with stellar performance and projection.

If you like Black Phantom I'd suggest Insomnia by Faviol Seferi which is essentially a clone and much cheaper (albeit still not 'cheap cheap').

• Advertisement

If you like Black Phantom I'd suggest Insomnia by Faviol Seferi which is essentially a clone and much cheaper (albeit still not 'cheap cheap').

Thanks I may check it out so. Kilian is mad expensive and is hit and miss for me for the ones Ive tried. When they get it right(like Black Phantom) it is spectacular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

The purple David Beckham signature is a nice one even if you are a Liverpool fan!!

I'm almost out of aftershave and I'm tempted to change my usual purchase. I've used Molton Brown's Oudh Accord and Gold for years, as my only aftershave, but I'm now having trouble getting it shipped to Ireland from the site I used to order it from. It's pricier on the main website, so I'm not keen on that.

What's a good replacement? I like oudh and would like to stick with that. Bergamot and cardamom are good too. Am open minded, except to anything that smells fruity-sweet.

Any ideas?

I had a sample of some Tom Ford oudh cologne that was lying around here somewhere, but my memory is that it is very dear. I wouldn't want to spend much more than €100 for, say, 100ml

I'm almost out of aftershave and I'm tempted to change my usual purchase. I've used Molton Brown's Oudh Accord and Gold for years, as my only aftershave, but I'm now having trouble getting it shipped to Ireland from the site I used to order it from. It's pricier on the main website, so I'm not keen on that.

What's a good replacement? I like oudh and would like to stick with that. Bergamot and cardamom are good too. Am open minded, except to anything that smells fruity-sweet.

Any ideas?

I had a sample of some Tom Ford oudh cologne that was lying around here somewhere, but my memory is that it is very dear. I wouldn't want to spend much more than €100 for, say, 100ml

Have you tried Brute?

Any ideas?

Im loving my Joe Malone (BT) Oud and Bergamot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

For anyone interested in their mens frangances look up " duas frangances."
    They do amazing clones of some of the best known men's frangances.
    It costs about €60 for a 30 ml delivered from the USA .
    They also do a great sale with discounts of up to 30% every 2 weeks .
    I've purchased some great ones .
    They do brilliant versions of aventus , and Xerjoffs and others .
    Highly recommend. It takes about 10 days delivery to Ireland .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

One of my top favourite scents has been discontinued, Armani Code Colonia.

Not good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I bought some Diesel Bad a few years ago and it's lasted, missus seems to like it and the bottle is actually portable not some weird shape so it fits in a bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭French Toast

Ordered Armani eau de Cedre today. €91 for 100ml. Fell in love with it at the duty free in Cork about 4 years ago, haven't had a bottle in a year or two. Lovely scent.

I tend to wear a different scent every day, today it's Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud , warm, woody and very pleasant on a warn evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I purchased last week an aftershave I haven’t had for about 15 years... Paco Rabanne XS original. Got an early birthday gift of Bvalgari Back too... both in my top 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

jo Malone myrrh and tonka…. Nothing else comes close

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Parfum De Marly - Herod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Mont Blanc Legend is my current daily go to and would recommend

Got bottle of Invictus also, not as nice as I remember!

Still trying to wear Green Irish Tweed, smells of nothing on my skin (unsure whether it was the batch or just unlucky with that type of fragrance)

Looking for something fresh is anyone has any recommendations??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,025 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

you can get 50ml of the real thing from Pat for less than 100 why would you pay 60 for 30ml of a knock off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,025 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Creed viking is nice,

Hermes Terre D'Hermes nice aswell

Creed millesime imperial very fresh

Hermes on my list with a while- Cheers

Would love to try Creed millesime-need to get a sample first!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,684 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Get Armaf milestone if you want to get a feel for Millesime imperial, some of the UK discount sites carry it.

Glazers Out!

I actually have a bottle of that at home. I dunno if the packaging had put me off as it felt a little stylised towards a female audience but tried it again there this morning and not too bad. Great bang for buck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Recent purchases:

Memo African Leather - Very distinctive and always gets a reaction. Special!!

Aqua di Parma Camelia - Not sure about this yet. It's unisex but a bit too feminine

Tom Ford Noir Anthracite EDP - Was a bit uncertain at first but now love it!

Faconnable Homme EDT - Amazing. I blind bought it for €16 at Perfume-Click and it's just sooo fresh and addictive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

One that gets the most compliments: Aventis by Creed (least favoirite Irish tweed by creed)

daily use favourites : Jean Paul Gaultier “Le male” and Gucci Original.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ofcork

I see the aventus is gone up to 237 for the 50 ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Jo Malone - Lime, Basil and Mandarin - Daughter bought it but doesn't like it. Unisex and I love it. Unique

Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'eau - Another unisex and is close to being my favorite. Addictive and I've had quite a few compliments when wearing this

California Wave Lange - Subtle but unique. A grown up Coolwater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Big fan of the Noir Anthracite too, if you like that then I’d say you’d like Atelier Poivre Electriqie too, similar spicyness, I do believe they would be considered unisex though so probably not the manliest, but they would be 2 of my favs

Advertisement