Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drag Shows for Kids

Options

Comments

Go to any major New York gay club, or even certain gay clubs in London, and that is the norm.

I've personally attended these events and you'd be surprised just how much nudity and money being stuffed into underwear goes on. Not every club of course, but it does happen.

Just as it happens in some straight adult venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

There's already been examples given. You seem to be hell bent on repeating yourself again and again, and ignoring all responses that answer your question. You remind me of the lad who used to set up threads every few months asking people to prove that political correctness was a thing. The threads were full of hundreds of sound examples, and every-time the OP ignored everyone of them and concluded that he was right at the end of every thread. You're essentially doing the online equivalent of talking to yourself.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The creatures in the OP look demonic why would any sane parent allow their children to witness such a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Are you attacking any possibility of age appropriate drag shows for children?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Cody montana

And there were children in the audience?

Ex Londoner here, know the scene very well.

Where are you referring to?

• Advertisement

No, these are adult venues.

And that's the issue with the images from the OP, that children should not be stuffing cash into any adults panties - whether it's a straight person or a drag artist.

Let adults do it in clubs, no problem.

But children should not be doing it, full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

To my point as you've included me, I said no such thing but as far as I'm concerned sports coaches have a duty of care to insure Kids are safe, help children learn and enjoy their preferred choice of sport , not get caught up in nonsense that is none of their business actually . Is it now the case weekend sporting activity for children are now entirely based on wokism, I'll quote one comment from the coach "We have to be concerned with their Sexual Needs" , WTF is a soccer coach even thinking he's to be concerned about such things, let alone later on talking about kids maybe not being ready to come out 😳

Has the world gone mad.

Katie Taylor played football with Boys , actually got player of the year at a club that had no girls team , Jesus wept people seemed to have lost the plot all together.

I've many gay friends embarrassed by the nonsense going on generally and an increasingly militancy on both sides of the argument about Grnder Identity.

Live and let live in harmony without all this claptrap.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I'm not "attacking" anything. I'm discussing.

Why do you need to use such loaded language?

As it happens, we already have age appropriate drag for kids, it's called pantomime and it's nothing like what's being called out in the OP.

I don't know how you can defend what's in that link, it's extremely damaging for LGBTQ people to be as a group associated with that type of thing. If you're really an advocate for LGBTQ people this isn't the rock to die on to prove your advocacy.

Glazers Out!

So, you've spent time among the underground gay scene in and around Soho? You do realise that many of these places are private and have a members list, with the need for an introduction to be allowed in? (keeping the carefulness that came from the days when expressions of homosexuality brought about violence)

They're adult venues, and nudity/overt displays of sexuality by performers is quite common. Unless you're Gay/Bi, I seriously doubt you have any experience of such places.

What adult venues that had drag artists strip???

• Advertisement

We're going back into definitions again; a conscious distraction.

Do you think it's appropriate for children to place money into the panties of an adult?

I'm clear, it's not. What do you think?

Have you ever been to a Burlesque show? There's a variety of types, including stripping being involved (with both men and women).

You're showing a remarkable ignorance of what kind of entertainment is out there for adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭sekiro

How far would you go to protect vulnerable communities?

If you saw someone from a vulnerable community doing something bad or wrong or illegal would you ignore it if you knew that exposing it would invite an attack on that community?

Would you cover-up or ignore something awful if you knew that exposing this thing would lead to other awful events?

I sympathize with your situation, you don't want to give the far-right an inch because you know they will try to take a mile. It also logically follows that if the right and left hate each other so much then if the right sees someone on the left doing something wrong they are going to jump on that with maximum intensity.

Imagine if Tommy Fournames was caught stripping off for kids and getting pound coins stuffed down his jocks. You'd be ALL OVER that stuff, right? Here is that guy doing something you know is absolutely shockingly wrong. Of course, you'd go wild. No need to misrepresent anything just roll the footage. Anyone dismissing or defending that? Disgusting!

So this is the mistake you are making. Someone on your side is doing something terrible and they've been caught out. Well, that really sucks because now you know your enemies are going to use this as ammo. Does that mean you just have to start issuing free passes to anybody on your side?

Trust me, people who have been aligned with family members or institutions that were under attack because they had done questionable things have always had to wrestle with this. You go into full denial mode and you defend them as though your life depends on it and you ignore attempts to show you the truth because that kind of betrayal would be the worst of all. Sadly though sometimes the truth is just that once in a while a Trump or a Tommy Fournames or a "libs of tiktok" is right and it's up to you do decide just how much you are willing to ignore to protect your team.

It's not an enviable position, I will give you that, and I don't think you are coping well with it.

The thing is that this issue isn't an issue between Left and Right but right and wrong.

And what happened at that event is quite clearly wrong, no matter what political stratum a person occupies.

I remember having to watch a documentary on the rise of house music in America years ago, and it was largely associated with gay communities, and gay sex was supposedly openly practiced in night clubs.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Drag shows are not required for children because they are children - what part of that don't you grasp?

What are you on about?

There are drag show all over London that you can just walk in.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭freemickey

When you put your child into an environment where blokes have their dicks hanging out, you need to be immediately reported to authorities, put on a watchlist, and the children removed to social care.

It's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,440 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That;s the problem: none of you seem to know what "drag" actually is. How many of you have seen RuPaul's Drag race? And how many times has it featured nudity or kids?

And when you point this out you get liars trying to tell you that you're in favour of naked men in front of children (because this, apparetnly is drag!!) by people who think that a moral highground is better than honest research and wind up with neither.

Why the **** is "drag" even in the thread title? There hasn't been one image or link to anything "drag" in the entire thread.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I’m not sure that any show is “required” for kids. What part of age appropriate drag show do you not grasp?

Do you have a problem with the Panti show at IMMA shown earlier in the thread?

Panti was sketching a giraffe as far as I saw.

A drag show is a very different thing to a drag artist painting a giraffe in a park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Country's being DRAGGED further into the gutter with this carry on, WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

It’s a drag race regardless. Across the board, race to the bottom come one come all Wacky Races; just roll up and enter. D!ck dastardly at the helm

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

It's like the Weimar Republic allover again. This type of depraved behaviour was one of the reasons Hitler came to power.

°°°°°

Could you clarify one thing?

Is the behavior outlined in the OP appropriate for children?

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

I'm not arguing that the behavior outlined in the OP is representative of all drag. I'm simply stating that such behavior is not suitable for children. I'm not conflating the two things.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

There is no such thing as age appropriate drag for kids - they don't need to be exposed to it, it provides absolutely no benefit or educational value to them. It's exposure of children to sexualised characterisations - and I would have serious suspicions about anyone who thinks that is a good idea.

• Advertisement

This post really sums up posters like yourself; you care more about an irrelevant detail like location, than what's actually on display. And what's on display is running counter to the narrative that you're pushing about LGBT events not being sexualised.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement