Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

50 seats more but a much more expensive aircraft to purchase and operate for the seat numbers unless they have a freight angle to full the hold

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

It's heavy on the premium products (J/PE/MCE) which I think they'd struggle to upsell to the crowd that'd use the route, Philly people are very much fans of NK/F9 flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

It’s mostly connections from PHL it’s a big AA hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

To be fair whilst SNN is extremely seasonal in demand I’ve always heard the premium cabins do well (rich golfers). Yanks only tend to get 2 weeks off per year also so anecdotally they tend to push the boat out.

The point would still stand, Philly connections aren't coming from wealthy MSAs for the most part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gary walsh 32

The amount of delays today is unreal what's the cause is it to do with large amount of ques or short ground staff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

No doubt a result of the chaos at Dublin.

A number of first wave flights early this morning were held for passengers stuck in queues, the delays simply mounted as the day progressed and situation outside the airport deteriorated. Hardly any flights, with any airline, appear to have departed on time today from Dublin.

Normal schedule from Aer Lingus at the other Irish airports, excluding any flights operated by Dublin based aircraft of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

As above, unfortunately CTOTs left right and centre as a result of rolling delays. Don't know how EI/FR don't throw the book at the DAA. Of course the entire industry is under pressure as the current situation is too many passengers and too few resources generally, OCS also causing delays due lack of staff and wheelchair pax missing connections etc. Messy Summer ahead at DUB unfortunately, generally EI don't have a lot of additional resources to recrew either.

There was speculation of additional west coast frequency from Aug to Oct, It would be prudent to hold off on that and allow for gaps in the schedule to allow recovery as it will be needed. LAX took off after 5pm and the way its scheduled can mean days before return to scheduled service if no slack is in the schedule. It's not the summer to sweat resources as shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Hi. Looking at DUB -> LHR flights and I've noticed that they're running A330 at certain times. Is it possible to book the front cabin with the lie flat seats on these short journeys?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

F-WWBD (A32N) due for Aer Lingus was flown from Toulouse to Chateauroux this morning. It’s commonly used as a short term storage facility, the other former Smartavia aircraft due for Aer Lingus also spent some time there before returning to Toulouse ahead of delivery.

It has an all white fuselage but the tail and engines are in Smartavia colours, this is because those elements are traditionally painted much earlier in the assembly process at Airbus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

-DUO & -DAA are returning to action in January, -GEY is leaving the fleet.

Hope they get those brand new business class seats back from -GEY before it leaves! ;)

It’s a shame they aren’t back sooner but it would be great to have them back. Will they be used for new routes or increase frequencies

EWR & YYZ (more than likely -300 operated, -200s deployed elsewhere on the network)

I would expect them to be used on current 321Neo routes that are full to capacity and deploy the 321s elsewhere.

Which NEO routes have the highest load factors?

That would make most sense I guess. The likes of EWR, YYZ and IAD were preciously A330 routes. I wonder will one of the freed up NEOS start up Hartford again.

I would imagine Washington as it’s going twice a day on the NEO this month

• Advertisement

Pity EI DEC didn’t get to another airline

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10600832

• Registered Users Posts: 34,862 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

18 years isn't very old for an A320. It got the repaint so they were obviously expecting to get a few more years out of it, was some sort of expensive problem discovered?

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

It was returned off lease, AerCap decided it was for the scrap heap.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gary walsh 32

I travelled to lanzarote on her the morning before she went to Shannon for repaint then covid hit

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

The A220 was mentioned as a type that would suit Aer Lingus and I agree.

I was on a Jet Blue one yesterday and here are my impressions;

Plus

• Nice big windows :)
    • Lovely comfortable seats with good legroom (I was on the "2" side") - airline choice I know
    • Info screen - amazing. I know this is the airline but they had lovely touches such as the connection information. Not hard to do but very useful - Aer Lingus could learn a thing or two here.
    • Map was great too, not waiting 60 seconds to refresh or scroll around to the info you need, all the info in one place and refreshing live.
    • Huge choice of movies, shows and live TV
    • Responsive touch screen (as good as a tablet)
    • Great bag storage and device charging options

Minus

• Loud whining sound when taxiing. Thought there was something wrong as it was so loud and continuous (normally you only hear this when flaps or wheels are moving/deploying) but it was there from after pushback to just before runway acceleration to after touchdown all the way to the gate.

I've flown the A220 a few times, definitely a fine aircraft and one I also think would suit Aer Lingus but they seem stuck in a 'one size fits all' policy for short haul which is why they've conceded so much marketshare in recent years. It would take a seismic shift in thinking at Shamrock House for the A220 to find its way into the fleet and I don't see that happening any time soon unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aircraftenthusiast2000

My first post on this forum,

With A332s EI-DAA and EI-DUO rejoining the Aer Lingus fleet in January 2023, would it not be better to recall the 2 Manchester based A333s and replace them with the 2 A332s? Aer Lingus can then maintain all A333 operation. Toronto and Washington which have previously seen A330 operation could then be upgauge from A321LR to A330.

Personally I think MAN is better suited to 1 A333 + 2 A321LR going forward. The arrival of the A332s should be able to accommodate this while also adding vital capacity to Dublin in the shape of a returned A333 from MAN.

I'm pretty sure both A332s are kitted out for west coast ops anyway, maybe someone can confirm but I thought they had crew rests installed? That would be wasted at the MAN base. The actual operating costs are pretty close anyway so keeping them in Dublin wouldn't be an issue and you'd avoid the costs of re-registering four aircraft for a negligible gain.

Both -DAA and -DUO are fitted with rest area for west coast operations and will give added flexibility to the west coast operation. Currently only -GAJ, -GCF, -EIM and -EIN are fitted with rest area. So the returning -200's will give extra flexibility and the opportunity to add frequencies if needed to the west coast.

• Advertisement

Is that the 'shed' or an actually crew rest area?

Advertisement