Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drag Shows for Kids

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

What hassle? It’s no hassle for me to repeatedly patiently explain why I won’t give any credibility to sh1t stirring nonsense like that posted by the OP.

Does this independent thinking cause hassle for others?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭freemickey

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

One has to wonder about people who send their time trawling the internet for this kind of stuff and then feel the need to start trolling it.... This is not normal behaviour!

Normal, is to get up set about it when it is identified, to demand something should be done.. put to spent ones days and nights trawling the net for it shows and unhealthy fascination for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

How dare they highlight this skeevy behaviour, eh? Its not this libs twitter account that one has to wonder about.

Its fasinating,the ability of this subject in particular,to take over peoples lives to near obsessive levels

Grame linihan being most famous example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Nobody needs to exaggerate when it comes to your posts. There for all to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I wouldn’t be familiar with what?

I know where the drag bars are in London.

I know Soho very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

How do you know the OP spent "days and nights" of searching before he happened upon a Twitter link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

The person who liked your post was one of the most active posters in this thread, the Cuties thread, and the sexual education threads. We've really created a new breed of human who've literally have no self-awareness.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Username checks out.

Where exactly did anyone say that 'anything remotely like this is actually okay'? More heavy duty exaggeration on display there.

And it's not normal behaviour to drag up odd incidents from all around the world and try to find a way to use them to attack vulnerable groups in Ireland.

It really, really is that Twitter account that you should be wondering about. You should be wondering about who funds it, for a start. You should be wondering about how accounts like this use misinformation (as proven on this thread) to stir up hate, just as the UK tabloids did for years with their anti-immigrant campaigns that brought you the sh1tshow that is Brexit.

• Advertisement

So what specifically in my posts led you to believe that I'm a "pederast who wants the normalize the sexualisation of children and gain access to victims"? What actual words in what actual posts are you referring to please?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,440 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Let me give you some advice, Andrew: don't ask, just call them out on their lying. Worked for me.

Every thing is sex and everything is in front of the children, no grey areas and you're the pedophile if you don't 100% follow them. It's like reverse-woke - all that's missing is "go educate yourselves!" at this point.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Being honest,im on mobile and cant see likes

There may be obsessive oddballs on either side,internet will do that to people,being honest its a subject matter that seems superfluous and wouldnt be for me personally and many of the issues raised would seem red flag enough (have yet to see anyone support red flag issue,seen plenty accuse/attempt impliment others of supporting it though)...

but yous will always find extremes on any subject,amplified by internet signal.

It really, really is that Twitter account that you should be wondering about

Once again, the source is dubious, and not the substance. Literally everyone one of you plays the game the same way. Most people here have been giving people like you words of caution in earnest, but you're ignoring them and continuing on a dangerous path. You do all this too in the name of defending the "community", yet ironically people like you are only helping cement the view that there's nothing that you won't defend, and that will eventually result in the wider community being tarnished as a whole, and your very mindset will be the cause.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Agreed, but some subjects are worth obsessing about, especially given the fact that if wider tolerance for stuff like this spreads, then it will do untold damage to children.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

I read books about straight people as a kid but it failed it indoctrinate me into liking women :(

I do think some oversight is of merit,and direction from government would be of good use,obsessive about it,only harms oneself.....

fundamentally im not sold on the preceived dangers of a drag queen(?) reading stories to kids,nor particularly see harm in kids wearing whatever they choose,most will grow outta it,

now theres plenty red flags in the OP,and its reasonable to qs why any uninvolved adult would want spend time want around kids,you couldnt get a gaa underage coach without garda vetting,it would seem reasonable to require it for these events

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Is it really surprising?

A few years ago when the footballer Adam Johnson was sent to prison for sexually assaulting a 15 year old girl there was a thread on this site about it, a huge number of posters were arguing that what had done wasn't that bad and demanded that he stop being referred to as a paedophile as his crimes made him a Ephebophile and that exact description should be used and anyone saying he deserved prison needed to cop on and accept that 15 year old girls are attractive.

The mind boggles.

The idea that people on this thread are seeing an opportunity to have a go at the gay community as a whole is absurd and not based in any sort of fact, yet it's thrown out there as if it were.

Whatever the flavour of insane behavior there's always someone to defend it.

What's described in the OP happened. It isn't a reflection on LGBTQ culture, it's a bizarre situation that benefits nobody, but it happened and for some, reason the real problem now seems to be that the topic is being raised at all.

It's much easier to not have to bend yourself into the shape of a pretzel in trying to defend the type of behaviour outlined in the OP than to come on to this thread and try to rationalise said behavior. The easiest answer? Blame the person who started the thread, cast aspersions at them for even knowing about the topic.

Always the same tactics, play the man and not the ball.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

I'm guessing the school field trip to the strip club didn't have any effect either. All those fivers you stuffed into Crystal's thong didn't do a thing to raise an interest either.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

I never said that. I was saying that that picture is on topic of drag shows for kids.

"Huck Magazine sparked outrage after it featured a 10-year-old Canadian boy named Nemis Quinn Mélançon-Golden posing next to a naked man in a recent photo shoot. 

The Huck piece highlighted Nemis' life as a "baby drag queen" named "Queen Lactacia." Nemis is considered to be the most prominent child drag star in Canada. 

The photo shoot included an unpublished photo of the child posing next to "RuPaul's Drag Race" winner Violet Chachki. Chacki is pictured embracing the 10-year-old while wearing nothing but a wig, high heels and a piece of cloth to cover his genitals"

Now...

Are you saying that the photo had NOTHING to do with drag? Despite it showing a ten year old boy who is considered THE most (which in itself suggests there are lesser known) prominent CHILD drag star alongside an adult male RuPaul DRAG-race winner who happens to be naked bar a tiny bit of cloth.

And you think that PROVES your point?

Lol. You and Andrew keep digging.

What does the photo have to do with the thread topic, which is, drag shows for kids?

Nobody said that. Stop making up things Andrew.

Stick to what you did say.

You said trans people were weak and refuse to condemn pictures of naked adult men with 10 year old boys.

I think a picture of a child who is well known as Canada's most prolific "baby drag" star, is on topic with a thread about drag shows for kids.

Unless of course you feel that a performance by a "baby drag" performer is adult only.

I'm starting to think you might.

It's hilarious really. 'Stick to what you did say' and then you come out with one thing that I didn't actually say, and one complaint about what I didn't didn't say.

And that is what @NewMember1 said; " I'd imagine the motivation from the pink community is to develop more gender fluid/tolerant individuals". They idea of 'developing more gender fluid individuals' is about 'catching the gay' - such utter nonsense. I wonder who developed @newmember1's sexuality, whether straight or gay or other?

Let's do both! I've already called them out on their gross exaggeration, so if they want to double-down, I've no difficulty in holding them accountable for their accusations.

I don't know anything about any of the people in those photos. From what I've seen on the thread, the photos weren't taken at drag shows for kids.

So again, I ask, what has this photo got to do with drag shows for kids?

Your explicitly said that trans people were the weakest of the herd when you falsely claimed that this thread was bashing the T in the LGBT.

You also claimed that you weren't conflating pantomime with the original link. That is also a lie.

You said you won't be dragged into condemnation, despite a posting history to the contrary.

You also claimed you would stand by everything you posted.

At this stage you are not even making sense.

And I'll say it again Andrew.

A 10 year old boy, dressed in drag, renowned as Canada's most famous baby drag queen is pictured with an adult naked man in drag who has won the world's most famous televised drag based programme.

If you can't see how fucked up that is, or see how it doesn't relate to drag shows for/involving kids, then there is no hope for you.

Personally, I would hope that people who find this in any way ok were on a register.

°°°°°

As a quick refresher the first reply in this thread was from Andrew with this this;

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

He's just trying to get the thread closed. He's admitted to knowing nothing about the photo in question (despite it featuring in the op) and is predictably, patronisingly and dishonestly trying to frame any opposition to the op as transphobic.

It will work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement