Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Drove yesterday from Sneem to Dublin using the Cork route, 384 km in Model 3 LR. The car estimated arrival SoC of 13%. After passing Cork I planned a stop at Ballacolla but gave up that on a count that the whole family was asleep. They woke up at J14 just in time to request a pit-stop at Kildare Temple. In fairness I need it as well. 320km 3h30min arrival SoC 23%. As points of reference started from Sneem with 100% we got on N40 Cork with 79% passed Cashel Ionity with 41%, Ballacola 35% and Kildare 23%. The unused pre conditioning ate some range but. We did a wee bit of shopping, according to herself (90 mins according to ecars timer) so we got home with 32%. The motorway driving is good on auto pilot even when using just ACC. Two times the lane changing decided not to overtake. Once behind a very wide trailer and once behind a matt grey car. The grey kind that some people say can't see the car on the road. Had no phantom braking and ACC was enabled from Cork to Kildare.

Overall this weekend I drove 820 km and never stopped for charging. I charged while stopped for other reasons but mainly used destination chargers. We stopped at Birdhill for 12 mins for the kids and the car charged from 42% to 75%, peaking at 127kW. The efficiency of the car is brilliant in this weather. Used up 125kWh or 15.2 kWh/100 km. I reckon 60+% of the trip is motorway. At supercharging prices of 40c/kWh the whole trip would have costed me €50. In reality it costed me less than €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Impressive....I had my first stop at SUC over weekend at Ballacolla. Model 3 RWD With preconditioning and relatively low battery I was achieving speeds of 143 kw speed (864 km per hour). Was very pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Thanks for that, the Model 3 is great for long distances.

I am also a fan of destination charging, particularly when 11kW. Often getting over 70km/hour, makes most long trips possible when starting with a full battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

similar story, i completed a 275km round trip on Saturday with 4 people in the 2021 MIC M3P, at speeds of 100-110km/hr with aircon on , used 60% of the battery (100-40%) didn't precondition before i left, which gives a total predicted range of 460 Km, really happy with that and no need to charge on the trip

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

27 months in and I still haven't paid for any Supercharging... and still have 5,359km to use up before October!! (in my SR+, that 5,359 will work out about 8,000km due to its efficiency). Damn I miss the referral program!!

At least I'll get through a decent chunk of them next month!! but maybe only 2,500 at best! such a shame!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

For those who are interested, I rang up my insurance company. They told me that Tesla must have registered the car incorrectly as the database they pull the information off is the same one the Garda use. After changing my car manually to an SR+ my insurance went down by over €18.

I've asked Tesla to look into it, I was told it's not an uncommon issue and is the insurance company's fault. They said they'd get back to me but they didn't really instil confidence that they would.

I wonder when our tax system changes to another metric (possibly HP) when most of the cars are electric will more people care that their car is registered incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

what is on the logbook? Have you tried cartell?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

Cartell comes up with BQB1S5N 4DR AUTO, the same as the logbook. Some googling finds a few cars registered in other counties with that code, when you decode the VIN for all of them, the VINs come back as the dual motor variant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nice cloudy weather for a maintenance wash yesterday, 3k Kms in

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

great pic, the shadowing on the rear looks like a large spoiler..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Some well dressed wheels, looking great :D

The chrome delete is way better, I was going to get it done but the quotes were not worth it, glad my next Tesla will have a delete.

Hate the aero's tho, if they added 50% more range id still fling them in the bin,

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

With the new Model 3 RWD, in Ireland, of the 3 basic options (colour, wheels and interior colour), choosing base wheels (Aero), white interior and any other colour other than white, puts the car over the government grant threshold which is a shame. This means that a white interior + navy paint car costs €5k more than white interior + white paint car... Very hard to justify any other colour than white with the white interior...

Any workaround here if the white interior is the main priority? Other than a car wrap afterwards (which is ~€3,000 including sills)

Also, what do people here think of the white-on-white option....

Mike

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What kind of quotes were you getting?

It typically costs about €300.

I have the white on white in my M3P.

It would not have been my first choice but it’s really nice in the flesh. The white is really nice interior.

Once your not eating kebabs with your bare face it’s quite easy to keep clean :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Anyone transport bikes with their M3?

We have three adult size bikes, no tow hitch or roof rack. We had a boot / rear mounted bike rack on our previous car (a Toyota Auris hybrid)

I'm nervous about putting it on the boot of the M3 (I have the 2021 model with the motorised boot). Do you think the existing bike rack might work or have any alternatives?

Post edited by Fingleberries on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

In my 2020 Model 3, the boot appears to be made from tin foil, and I wouldnt be hanging 1, let alone 3 bikes off of it!!

I'd suggest the roof bar bike attachment though it will kill your efficiency - Not a problem if plenty of SuC's around...

You can still get Black, Midnight Silver or Blue without White interior and qualify for the grant. If you are set on the (Black/White interior you are correct in that it is only white colour car that will still qualify for the Government grant. You would need to value the Black/White interior highly to justify a 5k difference. Personal choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

It was 2 years ago, I just remember saying -> I can live with this at the time.

I've a new M3 on order, so Chrome begone at some point over the next 6-12 months!?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Chrome delete along with centre console matt finish were great moves, show they listen to the customer

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

I see in the next update that the windows will close (if they are cracked open) if it rains. Apparently also listening to customers' requests. I think they already close when the sun goes down.

IIRC my 2015 Skoda Superb Elegance did the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I hope I'm not imagining this but, did the maps not used to show red lines where there was traffic jams when using navigation?

Nothing on the maps now to show where there is traffic jams.

This is a function available only with Premium Connectivity.....it is working for me

That's strange because I'm paying for premium connectivity!!

Yes working fine for me as well. You also have to have the bit clicked on the map screen to allow it.

Fixed it!! You have to press the traffic light symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

After considering the alternatives I decided to order. Went with a blue rwd, no other options. Other than really liking it on the test drive the fact that the price is locked in is what swayed me after the experience I had with my last failed order from vw where the price went up a number of times and there still wasn’t as much as a build date by the time I cancelled.

when I was in with the guy in Sandyford he did a pcp quote which I was happy with but since ordering it is asking me to confirm the way it is being paid and since pcp is not on the website yet and the finance option is with AIB, am I holding up the order in anyway by not doing this part?

Best to send the delivery team an email to confirm the best course of action.

DeliveryIE@tesla.com

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Will do, thanks Gumbo.

• Advertisement

As long as your order is in, I would have thought payment isn't so important, I would probably click any of the non cash options and then sort out with Tesla as Gumbo says by EMail or telephone call (Not so easy at times). The chat box on the order page is also handy when available.

Advertisement