Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

She's old enough too maybe 10 i think. Will walk to the ends of the earth but you'll get an earful if you wake her 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭thomil

Sounds like she’d fit right in here 😁

With regards to giving other people an earful if woken, that is 😉

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm weirdly calm about being woken. Maybe more resigned to it actually 😁

I’m okay with it as well. As long as whoever is waking me up keeps some distance, ideally for them at least one time zone away 😉

I think it's the nightshift life for me, it's inevitable i will be woken on occasion

• Advertisement

I’m glad that I don’t have to do them anymore. I hated them when I worked as a security guard back in Germany back in the day. Nothing worse than standing at the main gate of a US base in Germany in the middle of the night when absolutely nothing is happening. Pay was good though.

90% boredom, 10% adrenaline sort of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,174 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

LOL, well done, 100% correct. I found a great little military aviation museum there. Had a wonderful couple of hours getting shown around by a retired maintenance colonel with another visitor who was part of the SA aircraft industry when it existed. Some great reminiscing. Will try to put the photos up on the aviation forum later.

Saw a protest yesterday calling for illegal bars to be shut down, apparently about 13,000 opened in the last 2 years with only 58 applying for licences.

And we thought that the Irish were hoors for the drink:):)

Instead of shebeens they could be called umpteens

(sorry)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Twas okay in the end Grem, AA sorted the technical problem. But lots of waiting and very late getting home. In other news, enjoying the weekend looking at the girls holiday pics. Fair play to Ryanair. A photo from the flight deck on arrival in Dublin.

Nearly trundle time once again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling in front of the TV at home with my OH after a lovely afternoon meeting and catching up with one of my best (and my oldest) friends and his son over in Dun Laoghaire. They were down from Belfast for the day. 👍👍

My mate’s son is a 15 year old budding sailing champion and was involved in a competition today. Fuel prices are just shocking now - if they stay this high, something will have to give by the end of the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,178 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I read there was naked yoga in Dalkey today. You weren't there? 😉

To thine own self be true

With bells on?? 😂

Starting work with industrial strength coffee

I'm scared to be happy about time off because of rumours of a further cut in hours. Happy m-effing holidays

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, home office, busy working away on data analysis for a paper I'm co-authoring.

@Purple - no naked yoga on the beach for me this year - far too cold just yet!! Plenty of naked swimming though...😎🏊️🏊‍♂️

Monday night drinkies!

Snap

Wtf is with this sideways loading, I'd never spill!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,922 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Enjoy the Monday night drinks folks , ye have well earned them 🙂

• Advertisement

Someone said on the site before that if you crop the picture in your album first even ever so slightly, they'll upload the right way up.

Poop, my pictures are perfect first shot!! 🤣 😂

You're just drunk and taking the shots sideways 😋

Snip the picture and they will load correctly :)

@thomil

Unfortunately no time for beer tonight :(

It's June and I'm getting into bed with a hot water bottle 😒

My best friends at the moment are dressing gown and hot water bottle....and wine obviously. 🙄

Fecking toothache. 🙁

• Advertisement

THAT was a tough nut to crack. I spent about thirty minutes scrolling around Madagascar, Mayotte and the Comoros before deciding to check out the west coast of Africa and realising that that's Sao Tome airport. You're getting a nice tour of the continent, I must say 😉

Not much happening here beer-wise. Just taking it easy. Also waiting for a backup of my photo library to finish downloading onto my new SSD.

Advertisement