Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir 5G Mobile broadband

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Are you able to check the bands it is using when on 5G?

I think I saw somewhere where it would only CA with like band 20, but on LTE you could get 1,3,28 etc for better speed rather than the saturated band 20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

This is not mine screenshot.

LTE HM does show bands , but apparently does not allow to manipulate 5G, band selection still under 4G

Wonder what view-source:http://ROUTERIPHERE/api/device/signal would show

I yet to discover how to see what bands are CA at any given time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭wassie

Anyone know if the Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2 router supplied by Eir is locked to the EIR network? (Have also asked in another thread - if I get a response I will reply here).

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Eir supplied the pro 3 to me last week.

it was unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 aleesi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭S'

Does anyone know if the Eir Huawei Pro 3 router come with two external antenna ports?

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Huawei CPE Pro3 (Huawei H138-380 5G CPE PRO 3)

http://www.communica.se/huawei/H138-380%205G%20CPE.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ConCoBar

Got my Eir 5G today. I was with Three with a Poynting Booster which was working really well but lately I've been getting poor speeds, dropped coverage etc. I have Gomo in my phone which can give me 60Mb-70Mb at times but most evenings it drops to 1Mb which is no good. The 5G is sitting around 50Mb which I'm happy with but will it drop as much as the 4G network?

Potentially, most likely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 ConCoBar

Yes you were right. 0.45Mb download speeds and 36.8 uploads. Earlier I had downloads of 50Mb. Eir seriously? A 99.991% to be exact drop in DL speeds. Returning it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

Just spotted this thread. How's everyone's speed at the minute? probably going to order the Pro 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭kifi

Also interested to find out, thinking of dropping my Vodafone DSL which is giving me 50 mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Can only speak for 4G plan : 90 Download, 10-15 Upload. 5G is not necessarily better, see my earlier posts. Just order online and try out, you have 14 days to send back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jpmc0804

Apologies for adding a comment to this post i couldnt find where to post a new comment/question. I took out a 5g contract with eir which ended on 5th may. I told eir i was cancelling and they told me i have to return the modem even tho i was out of contract. When i took out the contract i was told it included a free modem but cant find the original paperwork. Has anyone else come accross this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Sorry I cannot help with the exact link but they did change the terms of the contract sometime last summer that said if you signed up after a certain date that you needed to return the modem at the end of your contract. I definitely found the info on the Eir website so maybe you'll find it online in the terms and just hope that you signed up before that date?

Advertisement