Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭BK5

A brief stint of glorious weather here. Anyway back to work tomorrow 😕😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Sun came out here about lunchtime and it turned into an unexpectedly lovely afternoon. We took a drive to the beach and had a small walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭gidget

Arrived back this afternoon from Scotland, had lovely time & hate the thoughts of returning to work tomorrow.

As recommended, I paid a visit to the Christmas shop. Honestly it’s a dangerous shop to be let loose in, as once you start picking up items you quickly start to get in over your head. Pic below of my haul, tragically I had a fatality on the journey home as had them in a carrier bag which I wanted to bring on the plane instead of packing, which accidentally fell as I was loading my case on the airport bus. Oh & in case anyone is thinking of a career change they’re looking for full & part staff 🙂

Post edited by gidget on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Morning all

Hope all had a nice long weekend. Weather was a bit mixed here, ok Saturday, Sunday was a wash out and then yesterday was nice and sunny!

Had a nice BBQ out the back yesterday to finished off the long weekend.

On the bright side, it's Tuesday already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Morning All,

Same as everyone else - weather was a total mixed bag over the weekend. Didn't stop me from packing up the kids & half the house and heading to the beach for a few hours yesterday. Kids don't need sunshine to have a ball on the beach 😀 Turned into a fab afternoon/evening & we had a lovely time in the garden too.

Moved my desk in the home office so I can see out the window now and it is GLORIOUS outside! Long may it last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Short day in the office for me, heading over to Croke Park as my daughter is playing in the Cumann Na mBunscol camogie finals there today, hoping the weather stays decent now too and parking can be organised in time!!

Had a lovely weekend, got loads done around the house but the work seems to be endless when it comes to the house atm... when is that never the case though!!

Day 200 on the countdown tomorrow & into the 100's on Thursday, we're starting to really motor now folks.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Good luck to your daughter for later. Playing at Croke Park is a great achievement, win or lose.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

We were lucky to have a beautiful weekend weather wise here in the northwest. Sunny on Saturday and Sunday and yesterday was warm but overcast. No rain thankfully! We headed to Wild Roots on Saturday which was good craic, spent the day with my parents on Sunday and I took it easy yesterday with a small bit of shopping and some telly. I'm miles behind the rest of the world watching The Wire for the first time and also on Series 4 of Game of Thrones - I'd only ever seen as far as S3 up to now - no spoilers please 😆

TBH they've over achieved getting this far, they're unlikely to win today but she's looking forward to playing which is all that matters really, jsut hope I get there in time to see her, I'd be gutted if I missed it...

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good luck to your daughter, DvB! Hope you make it out in time to see her!

Lovely weather here for (most of) the weekend- Saturday there wasn't a cloud in the sky for most of the day, went down to the seafront for a walk with the woof and got Beshoffs 😋 . Sunday it bucketed rain all day but I was out shopping in Blanch so didn't see any of it really! And a glorious day yesterday, I must have been gardening and pottering about the back in the sun going on 10 hours!

I'm off today and it's been a great morning, will head out for brunch at about 3. 🙂

They still got there - I hope it goes will for them and hope you get there in time.

Ended up making it in plenty of time, unfortunately it wasn't their day though & despite putting up a great fight were beaten by a slightly better team right at the end, but they were great & all the parents & teachers were incredibly proud of them to get that far. Got some smashing photos too of her out on the pitch so we'll definitely be getting a couple framed to remember the occasion.

Morning all

A bright, if breezy start here.

Today is my Friday as decided to take tomorrow & Friday off last minute as a project I'm working on has been delayed and want to get a few things done in the garden and house that easier done when kids not around.

@DvB- pity the result didn't go her way however sounds like a good game and even making it there is a great achievement, you should rightly be very proud of her.

Post edited by TRS30 on

Btw, 200 days on the countdown is today!! Tomorrow we're into the 100's!!

• Advertisement

scarily fast. Have a feeling the christmas season could sneak up on us extremely quickly this year. I think the fact we have our holiday away over the christmas means we might be taking our eyes off it so to speak. We'd normally start planning around September but with so much to get sorted for the holiday I can see us forgetting bits we'd normally be more focused on!!

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Once I get July over with, I'll be back to full Christmas prep mode. It's just too busy to even think about it right now!

Last year it fell a bit flat. We had moved in September so it was still mental around November and I just didn't have the time to Christmas-Plan the way I normally do. Then there was a last minute unexpected guest, and that threw us off and stressed me out.

This year, once August hits, I'm going to be back in fighting form. I tweaked my Christmas planner book after last year so no excuses.

I'm a big believer in lists. So have a few for Christmas, presents, decorations that need upgrading, fixing etc, food & jobs around the house. Like to cross them off when done. Get a great sense of satisfaction when things get done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I haven't really posted here much lately.

Can't believe we're into the 100's we'll 190's.

Longest day of the year is less than a fortnight away.(Not to depress anybody) and then we'll be half ways there.

We also have hopefully a glorious Summer, All Ireland's Finals, August Bank Holiday, Autumn, Brown Thomas Christmas Shop, Tubs of sweet, Schools Back, Autumn/Winter programs begin and probably a few other things in the next hundred days!

• Advertisement

yep, day 199 and into the 100's we go... half way is just around the corner, after that its downhill time.

Morning all

Horrible wet start here. Doing the indoor jobs this morning and hopefully weather picks up.

Could do with a nice summer weather wise as makes the cold winter much more bare able.

Can’t believe we are into the 100s already!

Happy 100's everyone. Miserable wet start here today too, I'm going out to lunch with a friend and was banking on sitting outside but that's looking quite unlikely now. On the other hand, isn't it amazing how quickly time is going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I was talking the other day about walks I want to do over the summer and this weather is just killing the vibe.

I know there's no such thing as bad weather only bad clothes but it's raining sideways here ,no matter how good a rain jacket you have you'd be drenched.

Morning All, weather is to pick up for the next few days I think so maybe a good weekend 🤞

I'm doing a Hell and Back course tomorrow so at my age if you don't hear from me again it's been an absolute pleasure 😂

Best of luck... I'm doing one with my u11 boys GAA team in August & am dreading & looking forward to it in equal measure 🤣

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

OH did Hell and Back a few years ago..."Oh I'll be round that in no time, 2 hours tops" 4 hours later he comes to the finish and cracks two ribs on literally the last hurdle 😄 Be careful and enjoy!

Post edited by miamee on

Afternoon all

Second day to work on the house/garden. Weather not playing ball here, second massive downpour still on going. I don’t mind working in a little rain but that was biblical!!!

All this talk of Hell & Back is making me feel very lazy!

Afternoon all

Crazy weather here, sun one minute and lashing the next!

Looks like my painting will have to wait till next weekend.

Hope all having a nice weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I was supposed to be celebrating my birthday this weekend but as I’m sick it has been postponed until next weekend. It’s hard to believe it’s June with the weather lately 😂😂

Happy Birthday @Autosport , many happy returns. Celebrate double hard next weekend.

I survived the Hell and Back yesterday anyway, it was tough at times but ok overall. The oul body is a bit stiff this morning though. 😄

That's great, well done @BK5 ! 🙂

Sorry to hear you're not well, Autosport- hope you have an extra nice time next weekend!

Happy birthday @Autosport hope you feeling better soon.

Well done @BK5 i get tired even looking at that on TV 😂

Hope all having a nice Sunday, just back from a walk on the beach, tide was miles out so lots of room for the kids to run around.

Fair play man, hope you had a beer after to celebrate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Mods, please lock this thread until November.

Congratulations @BK5 - I can stop checking RIP now 😂.

Happy Birthday @Autosport - hope you have a blast next weekend.

• Advertisement

Oh had a beer or four after it alright! 😄

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Morning all

Another dull start here and not as warm as previous days. Don't know what the weather is up to lately.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Back at it today after a couple of days off so opened the emails and about to dive in, wish me luck!

Morning All,

Crazy weather over the weekend, but we had a Family Fun Day at our school yesterday & thankfully, the weather held off! In comparison, Elf 1 had a match on Saturday that had to be abandoned in the first 5 minutes as we all legged it to the cars in torrential rain! Same story for Elf 2 training on Friday evening!

Belated Birthday wishes @Autosport! And well done on Hell & Back @BK5 - don't think I'd be able for it...too much muck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Why would you deprive yourself of this thread / forum for 10 months of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I think that poster would be better off deprived of this forum permanently 😂

I never really understand the posters that come in here & have a dig of sorts... I appreciate that we're in a minority in here but its not like we're harming anyone. I'm not a fan of smoking but I don't go into their section on boards & ask them to stop!!

• Advertisement

I agree. i love the easiness of this thread and the fact that everyone is so pleasant, some threads on Boards are genuinely awful aggressive. There's no need for people to be making their way here just to have a pop at us - that kind of sh1te is best left at After Hours.

@DvB & @Cork Lass- I've come to the conclusion that some people are only 'happy' with giving out and trying to make others as miserable as they are.

This is a very sound conclusion! 😁

Just got off the phone with my boss...after 2.5 years of not seeing my colleagues, I have to brave Dublin traffic on Thursday evening & go to an after-work event 😭 I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I get there but man, I'm not looking forward to trying to find somewhere to park 😕

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I despise work events and refuse to go to them recently. Just leave me alone at home, I'm happy there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement