Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

They are… invented by an absolute ghoul…

hopefully the likes of workplaces and schools and colleges ban their use.

Clear toe into the calf muscle, got to have been sore, chance lost a foul is a foul. The circumstances of play can’t change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I went to watch the Ukraine game, but no. Geo blocked.

Another TA is my lymph nodes are swelled, which Google says is one symptom of f###king monkey pox.

Another one is the ad with Judy Dench. I can't stand her.

Now I've vented , how's all.?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I couldn't agree with you more. It seems to be made easier and easier every year too. Apparently they have more multiple choice questions this year- I wouldn't be surprised if next every question was fill in the blank.

My TA is that I had a quite heated argument with the woman earlier over this very subject. I maintain that they are getting mollycoddled too much, she said it's good that it isn't as difficult now as it was before, especially for anxious students. We agreed to disagree, but I am right. They will probably simplify the driving test next, tough on the poor craturs to face failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

People that refer to UPS delivery as Ups (as in the opposite to down with an s)

Dude. Its U.P.S not **** Ups. You **** bogger moron

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Well, feck it, anyway!

I had three containers in three different sizes, two round and a square one, very similar to this one. The largest was about 700 mls, it wasn't as big as one of the spaghetti jars.

The difference is that mine all had those clips moulded as part of the lid, as opposed to on hinges like this one:

The plastic was "great", in the sense that it was flexible enough to deal with being dropped, unlike some of the newer bottles. Also, the large opening allowed for better cleaning than those with a botttle neck and a smaller opening, but they still fit in the bottle/cups slots in my car and were easier to drink from than from the bottles.

In the space of a couple of months, all three fell head first, the last one twenty minutes ago, hitting one of the hinges of the lid, which promptly broke off. Now they're no longer water-tight. I went around the shops before but I can't find anything to replace them. I was consoling myself with thinking "I still have one, even though it's smaller", bus alas...

I really don't want to resort to Amazon or eBay. Like I said, feck it anyway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The use of the word "unprecedented" since Covid emerged. GRRRR!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Yep the wide use of the word "unprecedented" is without precedent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Driving in Enniskillen. God forbid, but it the most awkward town to find your way out if you don't know it.

After my dental appointment we went to have a late lunch at a favourite pub by the coast… all was going happily and deliciously when as I began tucking into my raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake dessert… a family of four arrived to a nearby-ish table … let’s just say looking a little out of place… my suspicion was not misplaced when the mother removed from her bag an approximately 20 inch tall electronic robot toy that she handed to the boy who proceeded playing with it… robot making assorted gun and robot noises at a decibel level not in keeping with a public indoor venue of relaxation, conversation and conviviality… I felt very sorry for the people at the nearby tables, three quite elderly women who were looking like they were out for their weekly get together and a young couple early 20’s… all looked… “ shît, why us , why now, , kid shouting, robot screaming and…great the cutlery is going flying now “. Neither tracksuit clad urchin bothering in the slightest to maintain a reasonable control of their offspring, as fork and then spoon goes flying….. felt sorry for those just arriving… it didn’t spoil our enjoyment as we were mouthfuls from finishing and leaving but probably hastened our asking for the bill…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

People who have to stop and have a gawk down the side of houses. One family in particular here are notorious for doing it, I don't know if they are looking for something to steal or what, but it's looks dodgy as hell when you stop, take a step back and crane you neck to see what's in someone's back garden. During the lockdown I remember we were cleaning around the front and the misses strolls over and stands right next to us for no reason. There is no path in this area so there was no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I do that. If the room is lit up and visible it’s fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

One of my offspring that goes to the box of cereal, takes a handful but doesn't seal down the bag afterwards.

The crunch is lost. I can't handle that. She might only be 6, But wholly unacceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I hate showers but I was looking forward to this one as I had a new mango scented body wash.

I don't know if it didn't have a scent to start with or it evaporated, but there is no yummy mango scent around me now.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Has anyone heard of the Island Boys? I just came across one of their videos and really don't understand how anyone would watch it and not think they were a pair of dopes. Yet they are massively successful. Think tattooed Jedward with less talent.

The world has passed me by

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

People sitting in random seats on the train.

Your ticket has a seat number on it.

The names are printed above the seats.

Why not just seat in the correct seat, instead of getting annoyed when the person who was assigned the seat wants to sit there?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

Kids that scream while out playing.

Not having the blender lid on properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Patsy167

The weather changing every 10 minutes and the relentless wind.

I’ll never get this… it’s not only trains though.

planes… people getting themselves lodged into your often prepaid window / emergency exit seat…

But Eurostar trains… you pay extra for a first class / standard premier duo facing or solo seat and arrive and someone has already plonked themselves there, looking around nervously until they make eye contact… “ ohhh am I in the wrong seat ? “ … “ ohhh why do you ask ? Was my name on the display above the seat you are in a clue perhaps ? “

One time it was a couple in their sixties but I’ve been absolutely burned before so wasn’t going to try and negotiate to wherever they were meant to be sitting… I was doing a long trip London to Nice by train had been looking forward to it and wasn’t going to have my comfort compromised. They’d turned on the charm but that turned to quite belligerent ignorance when I wasn’t relenting and the train manager was called and she was even more abrupt when they decided to take the same tact with her. I was delighted 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I was literally coming on to have a whinge about the wind. It's fooking ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I made the decision to end a friendship lastnight and im totally relieved. It was pure tightness with money that did it.

I have a friend i met in college and i always knew he was tight. We went on a few lads holidays over the years and he was always the one saying in gift shops "20 euro for a T-Shirt?? Sure i could get 3 of them in Pennys for that price" or "im not paying for a taxi lads, its only a 40minute walk" etc.

Now normally as a collective group we would override his silly concerns and we just accepted he only wanted budget rooms or would only buy one cheap round of drinks. Outside of his obsession with not spending money, hes an alright lad. But last night was the death knell...

We met up for pizza, chips and a few beers, just the 2 of us as i hadnt seen him in a while, due to Covid and him changing jobs and such like. Normally, we would get the bill and just pay 50:50, even if i got an extra portion of chips or he got an extra beer. The difference would usually be an extra couple of euros, not a big deal or so i thought.

When the bill came, he was examining it and it turns out i had an extra coke which i started with,meaning my share was 70 euros his was 65. It was obvious he didnt like this disparity as he kept saying "i have no cash, lets split our exact share with 2 credit cards". Before i could reply, he asked the waitress, in a loud voice too, could she split the meal up so that his credit card came to 65 and mine 70. She said she couldnt split individual items, it was 50:50 if using 2 cards. He just stared at me, unhappy. It was very humiliating as a few couples were giving us the side eye. I wanted to jump over the table and strangle him. So i told him i would give him the cost of my coke in euros so he is square. He accepted this but the evening was soured. I said to him when we left that its a bit lousy to be cribbing over 4 euros and he just shrugged and said money doesnt grow on trees.

I said goodnight and left. Thats it now im done with him. I can tolerate a lot in people but these individuals who spend their whole lives trying to squirrel away a few euros only to never spend a cent just p!ss me off no end. And they cant change, they are always like that from birth to death so i cut him out now for good. Rant over, thanks for reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

The words shared and opened up being used in every second article i read about some person or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Getting married in 5 weeks' time and one of my groomsmen is pissing me off lately.

He told me he couldn't go on my stag because he couldn't afford it. I always knew he was struggling with money a lot because it's a single-income household due to his wife's health. I opted to pay for his room in the hotel (we had it to spare).

Then I find out a few days ago he bought himself a dog, and not a cheap one either - about 500 euro. I found the ad online - the same dog, from the same location, and a day later it was taken down.

I now need to fill in all the kilt measurements and it turns out he hasn't even sent me every measurement that's needed. I dunno why he's being the way he is with me lately but he's driving me up the wall. He also keeps leaving the group chats when I kind of need him in there. All because he hates getting numerous notifications.... This isn't a group chat for a bunch of lads to talk shite and have a laugh, it's specifically wedding-related, and he's being a fúcking weirdo about it.

Sits there and goes on about how he's honoured to be a groomsman - that it made him cry, and it was all emotional - and ever since he has barely fúcking spoken to me.

literally everyone I’ve met who is tight with money would be tight with other aspects of their personality and themselves…

fella I worked with was that tight he’d remind you on Monday morning who got the tea last on the Friday.. ie. put four..twenty cent coins in a machine..

same lad was caught nicking stationary….pens, refill pads, batteries, and the maybe teabags when the machine went as they started going awol too as well as bringing home assorted refreshments that were in a box for our team…for his family…when he was pulled up.. he was ‘ borrowing ‘ borrowing an A4 refill pad or several ? Borrowing ? 😛

Two of us were working a late on a Friday, he passes us with a bag, which we can hear is full of em, went to look in the fridge cabinet and two drinks left.. almost as if…”well if you get thirsty, there yiz are, don’t say I didn’t leave anything “..

of course the bosses decided.. instead of investigation time it was cancel drinks time, if they are only last a few days and getting nicked…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Amazon sent me a item (a box set containing an LP, two CDs and two DVDs) with no packaging, just an address label on the shinkwrap.

Covered in dents & scuffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

My vice grips seems to be missing from my garage and I can't remember if I gave a loan of it to someone or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Me too, been ta'd is enough , I don't want to be totally crushed over it 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Sorry. Spot of pruning; couldn't find rose cutters couple of buds ready to be sewn into Miss Manford's patch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

People who hang dogsh!t bags and bottles from tree branches. WTF is that about??

It is what it's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement