Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Crappy squeezy bottle seals...

Milk bottles so badly designed that the lids don't seal, so they leak when put sideways in the fridge - and use those crappy bottle seals, adding waste.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I think they expect the "poo bag fairies" pick them up later. The PBF's seem to be similar to the washing up and room clearing fairies!

Ta, ppl not being responsible for their dog or own poo.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Those squeeze bottle seals, it's even worse when you pull the plastic tab and it comes away from the foil. 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

People who come and dump their bad mood on you, feck off and leave you in a shite mood for the rest of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭pgj2015

People who pay for everything by card especially at the supermarket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I haven't used cash or change in about 3 or 4 years, doesn't matter if I'm spending €100 or €1 I'll use my card. I couldn't be arsed faffing about cash

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Let me start this TA by saying that I'm a great fan of public libraries, they provide a fantastic service. However, they've recently updated their online system, and that is shite.

First of all - why do you need my birth date? If I was old enough to get an adult card last millennium, surely I'm still an adult!

Second of all - you asked for both my mobile AND my email address. Mandatory fields, apparently. I requested to have notifications sent to me by email. Fine. I get an email reminding me to renew my books. When I log in and do so, I can see on the page that they've been updated and I can read the new date. Grand. Then why the hell, after that, do I get an individual text message for each of the books I've renewed? FFS, get that sorted. Pronto. I'll have words with them next time I'm in.

(By the way, there's a public consultation with a survey open until the 9th of July, if anyone is interested. https://www.librariesireland.ie/public-libraries-strategy-consultation or https://www.facebook.com/drcd.communitylibraries/ or https://twitter.com/Community_Hubs/status/1534453848206897152?s=20&t=Hn3k7v9anLkJcS-4zmO3Tw)

I just think people are too lazy to get cash from an ATM. There was a woman on the radio the other day talking about how its awful that people living on the streets are suffering now because people dont have cash on them anymore so they dont give the homeless money. She said something should be set up where you can give money to the homeless by using your phone. I was thinking ah maybe you could just use an ATM if its so important to you? Or is it such a big ordeal to use it? I just dont like the way we are moving to cashless so quick, I dont think its a good thing at all and I find some people think they are so clever by just using card, oh I only use my card bla bla bla. well done you can tap a card.

• Advertisement

I see, that's fair enough 👍

Just on the homeless.

I don't encounter many as I avoid cities most of the time but when I go away for a weekend or whatever and I do encounter a homeless person I get them something in a shop.

Last time it was in Liverpool and I got a fella a pizza, a bag of chips and a can of coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Cashless is a gigantic pain really…

so many businesses now are going cashless… if I was a decision making person in government I’d mandate by law that every business that provides a retail or frontline service to the public must accept legal tender of the state… euros…cash.

the fuçk happens if a tourist is out somewhere, gets robbed, wallet, including card gets half inched…. ? Cash they can get a taxi to the hotel, spare cash in room safe sees them ok for rest of trip. Otherwise if cashless be a few days before a bank can get a new card and pin delivered… he or she is rightly donald ducked.

the only reason business want cards and a cashless society is to save them the banking / handling fees and indeed less time for cashing up… they can save hundreds in hours per year that they no longer have to pay people…less staff front of house too..

do you think your local pub, supermarket or wherever will pass that saving to you the customer ? No… will they pay staff a little more from the large sums they are saving ? Not a chance !

so forget society bending over and going out of their way to help businesses….

cash, legal tender, should be illegal for a business to refuse it under a certain amount per transaction ..

That is nice of you but im sure sometimes they might need money for a hostel or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Capri-Sun paper straws..Give me strength

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I often get cash back in the shops. Avoids me queueing for an ATM.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I watch a few things on the channel 4 player at times. Recently i get promos for various shows, no problem there barring one. Stath lets flats. An apparently award winning comedy that is starting to grate like nails on a chalkboard to me.. Get in the effing sea stath🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Confirmation bias.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I never give them anything so you are a better person than me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I'm trying to have a coffee in peace here in the hospital reception seating area before I start work while this wan behind me is roaring at her friend on the phone. I can hear every single word of the conversation including every detail about what's wrong with her family member who is an inpatient here. It's like she wants the whole world to know her business. Tone it down a few decibels for Christ's sake!! 😖

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Always finding out potentially bad news about work just before I'm off for days

I hate that, your days off are filled with anxiety.

Then when you return it was a storm in a teacup not deserving of any worry.

Try to enjoy your days off..... worrying about a situation you can't control is pointless. (Easy for me to say, I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Migraine and vertigo since last night. Got very little sleep and feel like puking my guts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I feel completely overwhelmed today.

My father in law is slowly dying of pumonary fibrosis. It's incredibly tough watching him struggle to breathe.

We're moving house, due to complete on the 27th and the buyers are fcuking around with signing their contracts.

Trying to pack up the house is a nightmare. SO much shite!

I'm also on the project team for a new system in work. Training and implementation for it is proving to be a massive headache because my boss is a fcuking imbicile. Makes a mountain out of every molehill she sees. I'm embarassed for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Neighbour minds someone else's kid during the day. They took up all the grass in their back yard last year so it's all concreted. On fine days the kid is in the yard bawling (minder has the doors open and is not inattentive, and I'm sure there's something soft for the little one to sit on! ) and the concrete just amplifies the wailing. Can hear him/ her even with windows closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

On two occasions in the last week, two different pairs of strangers (of the crusty type) have gone up our private lane without permission and appear to be fascinated with a hawthorn tree growing there. It seemed one of them were doing some form of worship under it one of the times. Very strange behaviour that has never happened with us before, and my mother is wary of them as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Ah stop. That's mad. I live very rural too and there are a lot of hawthorn trees around but I've never seen that.

Be careful they're not scoping out vacant houses to rob.

Do you attract quare hawks generally?! Weren't you felt up last week too?!

There's a full moon tomorrow night, the hawthorn worshippers might appear again!

My TA is that I still don't have my summer pots planted because it's just so damn cold. Half way through June already 😏

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I didn't think I attracted odd balls before, but now that I think about it, maybe I do! Over the years, people have sometimes walked up our lane as it is on a hill and there is a great view out to sea (B and B next house over so usually guests of there), but never seen them act like this before. I'm assuming there is a logical explanation to it, and they are perhaps foraging or picking wild fruit, but it's the sheer brazen-ness of it that is a TA.

Current TA: my new dog has had the scutters since the weekend, and I don't know whether it's a dietary issue or something more sinister. No doubt will be charged an arm and leg to find out at the vets tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement