Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Note Post #1 - The 2022 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Both fellas slapping the body but Cork lad went high. Soft but stupid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,976 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Well taken score by Hurley, 5 up with 4 to play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,976 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Bit soft by the ref there... went down too easily for me.

Cork go into the quarter Finals with a 5 point win.

Getting to the QF is about the best Cork could have hoped for at the start of the championship I think, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

So is that Cork into to the QFs after beating Louth and Limerick?

Shows how stupid the provincial system is.

• Advertisement

Sad to lose because of one small period that Limerick seemed to freeze up but mostly just happy they were able to show they are better than the performance against Kerry.

That Limerick player went down as if a Heavyweight boxer had hit him.

It was more a slap on the side/back of his head.

Still a yellow and a red , no doubt, but I think he went down a tad too easy,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Cork deserved winners they have dome great powerful runners in the team particularly Taylor and Powter and some very nice forwards Sherlock and Hurley but they are so open it's untrue 1-16 conceded against Limerick! Dublin would put an awful score on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭threeball

So am I correct in saying,

Mayo can't draw Galway

Cork can't draw Kerry

Derry can't draw Donegal

Dublin the only team who could potentially draw any of the above plus Armagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Dublin & Kerry miles ahead of everyone else. Cork are as good or as bad as the rest.

• Advertisement

Especially when you look at the easy games the Dubs had.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Absolutely ridiculous that there was no card for that, when you consider the two soft cards Paul Walsh got. Ref was poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Cork cannot draw Kerry. I think as long as they do not draw Dublin they would think they have a small chance against Derry or Galway. This was a tricky match for Cork nobody taught Limerick had a chance. Mayo cannot draw Galway, alit will depend on the result of the last match if Donegal co e through then Derry cannot play them.

Mayo has a 66% chance of drawing Kerry or Dublin.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭threeball

No guarantee Dublin are any great shakes either. Kildare left acres of space in full of their full back line. I'd be more surprised if they didn't hammer them than if they didn't. I'd have to see them play a top team before I'd be convinced. Even a tight defence like Derry might be a tough ask for them.

Kerry are the only team with a formline throughout the season and they're prone to the odd blowout or Clifford injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

There is a lot of negativity in Donegal heading into this match but I expect a reaction from the players especially seeing as DB will be gone if they lose.

I would put Derry/Tyrone/Monaghan and Cavan ahead of this Armagh team tbh. Derry are a proper team and we were very close to winning that match.

Donegal by 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Well with the draw having Dubs and Kerry together which ever teams avoid them tomorrow can feel they have a real chance to make the final and that adds a bit of interest and as neither of the big two have been tested that does add a bit of interest for me this year .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,839 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

For some reason Jarlath Burns senior wearing a T Shirt with a small bit orange made me laugh. Don’t make it too obvious! 🤔

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Set up nicely guaranteed underdog in the final. No Neutrals will be shouting for Kerry/Dublin- if they get that far

Fancy Armagh to beat Donegal in the second game.

Agreed Donegal will smother Armagh I think. Usual Donegal stuff. If Armagh beat them fair dues will have well earned QF spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I think Donegal have Armaghs number most times they play them but it all depends on the team morale at the moment and if they want to win this game to keep DB in the job.

Armagh have good players but I dont rate McGeeney at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

The fawning over Armagh is gas. A team that hasn't won anything in 14 years. Guided by a manager that has won nothing since he retired from playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,932 ✭✭✭doc_17

How the Donegal players feel about Bonner will decide this game. If they really believe in him they should have enough to beat Armagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭Xander10

I wonder will we be talking about more crazy goalkeeping at the end of this one.

What a start. wow beautiful goal. wow so nice to see

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭Xander10

Armagh goal in 10 seconds!!

Get in, great start for Armagh. Donegal will have to come out a bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

What a start, what a goal for Armagh after just 10 seconds.

I hope that goal draws Donegal out and we see a great game

• Advertisement

Rain is coming down now.

Advertisement