Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Note Post #1 - The 2022 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'd say that's Bonner out the gap after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Some collapse by donegal. 9 points after 18 minutes. Now 13 after 61.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Grugan has a wand of a left foot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Donegal are worse than atrocious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Its amazing how games can be decided by a decision or two.

In the Cork game, a soft Black Card and Cork scored 1-03, clear daylight created and won by about the same.

Donegal keeper, black card, penalty and a few points later and daylight created once again and Armagh coasting now.

• Advertisement

I'd fancy Armagh vs Galway but don't think they have what it takes for the other 2 Provincial winners

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Should have been gone years ago. Some waste of a talented Donegal side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Armagh is a good team not at he very top tier but top 3

Donegal one dimensional

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Trying to figure out what people think. Is it the players or the coaches at fault. Something seriously wrong

McBrearty is livid.

• Advertisement

Ffs, It's hard watching with the vuvuzelas in the crowd. The most head wrecking yokes of all time. I'd ate the head off anyone beside me blowing it beside me.

Armagh outside contenders for me after this. Donegal absolutely woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

They left 3 behind. Easy shots 🙄

If they're to beat the best they can't be fecking up shots like Soupy's effort in the first half. The penalty goal was almost botched. It should have been in the net much more quickly.

Very thin skinned. If it was a Leinster, Munster or Connacht team I'd say the same. They should have 5 goals. Miss chances like that against Dublin or Kerry and goodnight Irene. County players should execute those chances in their sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,839 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I don’t know about that Armagh have now won a number of hard games they were not supposed to win. Good league form as well. Finally McGeeney could live up to his managerial hype?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Being a Mayo supporter carries much frustration and pain but I'd have it any day before supporting Donegal.

That is true. It is the 3rd game they have won that I would have given the nod to the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭rolling boh

From what i have seen this is the best performance so far in a poor enough championship Armagh will be well chuffed and will give anyone a good test a couple of teams will be looking to avoid them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,839 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Be surprised if he is still there. Given the amount of times Donegal basically beat themselves- either because of ill discipline or tactically etc. Lots of great players on that Donegal panel who have been mismanaged.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Nonsense with the goalkeeper participating in outfield play is starting

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I fancied Armagh to win but not by 11 points!!!!!

The armagh physio is very hands on with everyone.... Wouldn't mind a bit of that 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I love how much this bothers people. The goalkeeper isnt really that much of a special player in football and hurling so it doesn't matter if he is out of position.

We didn't even give him a distinctive jersey till the late 70s or 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cliffyy

Armagh very good. Great points.

Need to sort out scoring basic goal chances. Some awful attempts in the first half.

Rte analysis would put ya to sleep

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Rian O'Neill sounds very like his uncle Oisin.

Teams like Armagh are using a goalie, who can shoot well, to find pockets of space against blanket defending. Evolution.

• Administrators Posts: 53,872 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Poor Rian O’Neill is clearly uncomfortable with the limelight. Couldn’t have looked more awkward! 😁

Armagh were 4 points up at half time. Not a huge amount. But Donegal didn't come out with anything after half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭Xander10

sadly, it might be time to bring back the border check points. Any Armagh family in possession of a horn should be sent back home and let no where near Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Nail on the head. After teams started playing a sweeper the obvious thing was to bring the keeper out and into open play.

The 'let in ta fk' crew dont like it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭supernova5

Armagh bring the most boisterous and colourful fans in all of GAA

Advertisement