Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It's not too bad here in Dunshaughlin, no rain so far. If that wind wasn't howling outside it would probably feel fairly warm but that wind is definitely taking the edge off the temperatures even in the sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭appledrop

Everyday you think surely the wind couldn't be that strong again tomorrow and everyday your wrong.

Beyond a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

HOT STUFF Ireland weather – Blast of warm air to hit country next week with temps reaching up to 30C

there ya go folks……Headline in the rags today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Models are having a laugh this evening. ECM shows all this rain now for Thursday whilst under a ridge. This forsaken summer and this forsaken country keep on giving 🙄 I can't be bothered anymore. Echoing others, what a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

June is a washout.

The only positive I can see with this summer is I've stopped buying anymore summer clothes😂

If we get nice weather early on I'm lulled into a false sense of security that we are going to have an amazing summer and then I think 'Oh I need loads more summer clothes'

Well it's certainly not happening this year🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Unbelievable, only in Ireland can a front cross the country whilst under a ridge of high pressure,looks like only fri morning/ afternoon is our Window of good weather here in the east , low 20s before a Northerly gale sets in fri evening ,a load of sh#t really

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

I don’t blame the country(as such) I blame the models giving us all this false bs hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

It was 12 to 14c windy with occasional mist in Sligo. Days rain 2mm but still goes down as a bad one.

Now 7-4 to good days for Sligo Summer but remember in first week it was 6-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Huge spread in T850 for the "peak" of the warm plume Friday. The ECM Ensembles range from 20 to 2 C, with a mean of about 10 C. All down to the fact that we lie just on the northern extent of its progress, wiith a cold northwesterly quickly setting in. A small change either way is bound to yield very different results on the ground. Of course, the rags will take only the very maximum member into account, hence the nonsense about 30 C.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Lovely bright morning if a bit cool,least the wind has gone for now anyway

Another day of

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You can actually see the warm weather being scared away

Lovely and bright here in North County Dublin but unfortunately that f&&King wind is still here with us at Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yeah it has picked up here as well a bit and clouded over

We are just back from walk and if it wasn't for the wind it would be grand.

It's cloudy but not too cold but the wind takes about 5 degrees off the temperature.

The rain is also on the way, big black clouds.

I've to be positive so at least we didn't get caught in rain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Still quite breezy in Kerry, was windy enough over the last few days to break a few branches. Coolish in general, 15.1C now with sun peaking out between the cloud now and again but bright overall.

The last few days max temps

Thurs: 18.6C

Fri: 17.6C

Sat: 16.1C

Poor temps again tomorrow with maybe a couple of degrees more on Tues . I see Met Eireann after Weds saying 'An uncertain outlook later this week.'

All depends on how that area of LP behaves , on the ECM it is showing 13 or 14C 850hPa temps over part of Ireland on Thurs and frontal rain going through Fri with a drop to 1 or 2C 850 hPa temps in over the weekend with other possible areas of LP nearby. Strong jet being shown on charts to the N of us and then to the S of us so big swings in temps possible. Big ?? how it will pan out but would have to think leaning towards unsettled. Maybe a bit better the following week but that is better kept for the FI thread 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Breezy cool very littlE sun. Disappointed but not unexpected. I want to say at least it’s dry but really another summer weekend slipping by.

Very windy misty and 11.6c definitely was forecast better than this. This date in December was 13c

So I wouldn't be looking at next weekend coz they got the 24hr forecast wrong

My forecast for rest of June. Cool and unsettled and wet especially in the Northwest with temperatures slightly below normal. No heatwaves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Not a bad day in Cork, feeling warm in the spells of sunshine. Wish that breeze would disappear though, it’s relentless lately.

At this stage I just want the wind to go away.

It's just ridiculous. I'd even take a dull day once it wasn't windy.

They admitted on news weather that "we don't know what the weather will be like in 2nd half of week"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Why are they not able to tell us the weather after Wednesday never saw that before, surely they must have some idea of what will happen.

Well they're thinking over in the UK that it's going to be roasting but there are serious doubts whether the heat will make it as far as Ireland so could be 34c in London and 18c here though any slight shift in this westward and we'd have mid twenties. Hence the uncertainty for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Tonight's models suggest the heat and sunshine makes it into leinster and munster ,how far north and west it spreads is still uncertain, it all gets pushed away Friday night regardless

Hi Paul, as per your post last week you said you had a thunderstorm in your area, have you any vidoes etc? would love to see

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Only 12 days (13%) of summer gone and yet people are writing it off. Laughable.

So far in the 12 days wev had 7 good days and 5 bad ones and the wettest one has had 8mm. The Thunderstorm we had last week was about 4mm in about 10 minutes but no video of same. It lashed for about 5 to 10 minutes and was gone. Might have been a rumble of thunder too but not like the spectacular thunderstorms we got in June a couple of years ago Oscar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

At this stage I think the relentless wind is annoying people the most in regards to the wx over the past month

Advertisement